bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the day my eyes were opened  (Read 5975 times)

dewey

the day my eyes were opened
« on: August 21, 2008, 11:23:15 PM »

Hi, y'all

This is Dewey.  I'm gonna tell you something that I've never told you about me.  A few years back, I went to a funeral and helped bury my 6 year old granddaughter.  I left Paula alone at the church and drove to Muncie, IN from Kankakee, IL on a Saturday 'cause I thought I had to be there.  I listened to the sermon and afterwards the pastor (Vernon Hargrove) asked me what are you all dressed up for?  and I reply a funeral - my granddaughter.  His reply was and just where do you think she's at now?  My reply was I know exactly where she's at now and I explained to him where she is at.  He told me that I had a serious problem and that I should go home and look up the Third Resurrection by Herbert W. Armstrong.  I promptly gave my opinion of what Herbert W. Armstrong was - a child molester and he let his wife die because he wouldn't take her to a doctor.  And then he went and married a woman young enough to be his youngest daughter.  The pastor was quite put out and I had to leave until I learned the truth. I came home, got on the computer and looked up Third Resurrection by Herbert W, Armstrong.   And for some crazy reason, it never came up; but this big page in red writing came up "L. Ray Smith - Exposing Those That Contradict".  I started to read what he had to say and I had not more read for an hour and my eyes were opened and I've never looked back.  It is an hour and a half from Kankakee to Muncie, IN.  I told my wife we're not going back.  WHAT?  We had made friends with a lot of people we could no longer talk to.  They did not want to hear what we had to say.  We started staying home and listening to L. Ray Smith and reading everything that L. Ray Smith put on paper.  It was so simple that we could not believe what we were reading and then we thoroughly understood what Jesus meant when he said "take my yoke for it is not burdensome" (hallelujah)

Now that we have read numerous times the teachings of L. Ray Smith and the scriptures provided by him, our minds are totally at ease with our Lord.  Through the teachings of L. Ray Smith we have not found one thing that contradicts scripture contrary to that thought.  As we read his writings, it's like a breath of fresh air.  And Jesus Christ confirms immediately with us on what's been said.  We call it "gettin' high on the Lord".  If you've never been there, all I can say is "get high" - what a feeling.  And watch the miracles, small and large, unfold before your eyes (just keep them open).

In the Spirit of Jesus Christ, we love each and every one of you

Dewey & Paula

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: the day my eyes were opened
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 01:22:40 AM »

Thanks Dewey.  The Lord disrupted the internet and your browser to lead you here?  Too cool for words.

If you had asked me six months ago if I would ever think of anybody like I think of Ray, I would have laughed.  The very thought would have been repugnant.  I've never looked for a leader...never.  I've never followed anybody...never.  But I certainly concur that I'd never encountered anybody who had the Spirit of Truth on him like Ray has.  I wasn't even looking, and God dragged me here.  Nothing I have read has diminsihed my respect, and everything that I've read and heard I've been able to recieve...sometimes immediately, sometimes with struggle. 

Anyway...that's my reply, I guess.  I know what you mean.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

kweli

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 05:20:37 AM »

Hello Dewey and Paula

Great testimony. No matter who says what, if it is by the will of GOD, may we never fall away. The testimonies we share here only confirm that what is going on here is from the same source and extremely supernatural. How many here can honestly say they were looking? Or that they were looking to die and gain life? Yet dying we are undeniably.

In my past life I'd say Ray is mean (believe it of not, to some, that is supposedly a compliment). But now I know he is indeed a servant of Christ by the will of GOD. Otherwise how does a 60-something year old retired roofer living in Mobile Alabama USA get a 26 year old kid (spiritually) in Johannesburg South Africa to agree to these things, in his own ability and strength? I know there is deceit, but who can deceive you into dying to the world and genuinely living for Christ???

All Glory must go to GOD

Kent

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 09:14:34 AM »

I know what you mean, Dewey.

Through the teachings of L. Ray Smith we have not found one thing that contradicts scripture contrary to that thought.

I agree, and I sure did look hard!

I thought it might have been a cult, when I first came to the site. I am just a little cynical when it comes to Christian teachers and Christian websites. Then I actually read the articles and it all made sense. Not that I know all, but you know what I mean, I'm sure.

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 09:20:26 AM »

Hi Dewey & Paula,

Great testimony, sorry for the loss of your Grand daughter.  Where did you believe she was prior to finding BT?  Strange...the Pastor thought he was helping you out with a serious problem, directed you to the internet, which redirected you to BT.  So he did help you to the truth, but he was still in darkness. Amazing!

Beautifully stated Kweli....
Otherwise how does a 60-something year old retired roofer living in Mobile Alabama USA get a 26 year old kid (spiritually) in Johannesburg South Africa to agree to these things, in his own ability and strength? I know there is deceit, but who can deceive you into dying to the world and genuinely living for Christ???

Dave.....it's true for me also...Ray is such a Blessing as a Teacher and Leader with the Spirit of truth, such a gift is from above, and not solely from a man.  Ray's teachings point us to God, and not to himself.  In his writtings the spotlight is fixed on the scriptures, not a charming and slick personality!  

We aren't following Ray the man, we are running to where he is pointing us to in Christ.

God Bless,
Brenda

Samson

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 11:30:50 AM »

Hello Dewey and Paula,

Enjoyed your Experience, so many of us never heard of Ray Smith and never knew this Site existed and just happened to stumble upon this Site. I was examining Universalist Sites at Wikipedia, at the time I already considered myself a believer in Eventual Salvation for All, Ray says that God's Love is many many many more intense in degree than man has, so I reasoned that if God is Love(1John4:8), his Love would have to be much greater than the Love that man has shown or not shown to his fellow Humans. I further reasoned that if God's Love is so much greater than Man's, his justice would have to be superior.

What Christian Denomination was the Pastor who presided over your Grand Daughters funeral, was he WWCOG or did he just personally agree with Herbert Armstrong, just curious.

In God's Love, Samson.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:55:37 AM by Samson »

mharrell08

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 12:05:03 PM »

Hi, y'all

This is Dewey.  I'm gonna tell you something that I've never told you about me.  A few years back, I went to a funeral and helped bury my 6 year old granddaughter.  I left Paula alone at the church and drove to Muncie, IN from Kankakee, IL on a Saturday 'cause I thought I had to be there.  I listened to the sermon and afterwards the pastor (Vernon Hargrove) asked me what are you all dressed up for?  and I reply a funeral - my granddaughter.  His reply was and just where do you think she's at now?  My reply was I know exactly where she's at now and I explained to him where she is at.  He told me that I had a serious problem and that I should go home and look up the Third Resurrection by Herbert W. Armstrong.  I promptly gave my opinion of what Herbert W. Armstrong was - a child molester and he let his wife die because he wouldn't take her to a doctor.  And then he went and married a woman young enough to be his youngest daughter.  The pastor was quite put out and I had to leave until I learned the truth. I came home, got on the computer and looked up Third Resurrection by Herbert W, Armstrong.   And for some crazy reason, it never came up; but this big page in red writing came up "L. Ray Smith - Exposing Those That Contradict".  I started to read what he had to say and I had not more read for an hour and my eyes were opened and I've never looked back.  It is an hour and a half from Kankakee to Muncie, IN.  I told my wife we're not going back.  WHAT?  We had made friends with a lot of people we could no longer talk to.  They did not want to hear what we had to say.  We started staying home and listening to L. Ray Smith and reading everything that L. Ray Smith put on paper.  It was so simple that we could not believe what we were reading and then we thoroughly understood what Jesus meant when he said "take my yoke for it is not burdensome" (hallelujah)

Now that we have read numerous times the teachings of L. Ray Smith and the scriptures provided by him, our minds are totally at ease with our Lord.  Through the teachings of L. Ray Smith we have not found one thing that contradicts scripture contrary to that thought.  As we read his writings, it's like a breath of fresh air.  And Jesus Christ confirms immediately with us on what's been said.  We call it "gettin' high on the Lord".  If you've never been there, all I can say is "get high" - what a feeling.  And watch the miracles, small and large, unfold before your eyes (just keep them open).

In the Spirit of Jesus Christ, we love each and every one of you

Dewey & Paula

Great post Dewey. I remember having my eyes opened at my job and I was walking around with a huge grin on my face. All my co-workers were asking me what I was smiling about but I was too overjoyed to speak! From then on, I would spend my lunch hour and my train ride to and from work (reading on Blackberry) reading from the BT website. I know the feeling...

Thanks,

Marques

AK4

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 02:42:58 PM »

I with everyone on here.  I had just got finished reading almost all if not all (because i couldnt find anymore) of Herbeert Armstrongs teachings so while at work i was bored, i started to just get on yahoo and just look around for nothing in particular.  Then i came to one of yahoo's pages on 911. Then i saw In The Day of Slaughter when the Towers Fall.  I thought to myself this might be interesting.  I wonder what this person might have to say (thinking it was another conspiracy paper). 

I started reading and couldnt stop. "How can this guy link all this so wonderfully to the bible"!!  I finished that paper and just glanced over the whole site's front page and then i saw the Myth of free will part 1.  I remember somewhat when i was a kid breifly thinking about free will (I can still picture the place where i was act and sorta what i was thinking).

Dave i was the same way about preachers, but what can you say about Ray.  He truly has Gods spirit.  I thought i already knew alot before reading Rays paper, but while  reading them i realised i knew very little.

Great testimony everyone

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 02:37:07 AM »

Hi Dewey & Paula,

Great testimony, sorry for the loss of your Grand daughter.  Where did you believe she was prior to finding BT?  Strange...the Pastor thought he was helping you out with a serious problem, directed you to the internet, which redirected you to BT.  So he did help you to the truth, but he was still in darkness. Amazing!

Beautifully stated Kweli....
Otherwise how does a 60-something year old retired roofer living in Mobile Alabama USA get a 26 year old kid (spiritually) in Johannesburg South Africa to agree to these things, in his own ability and strength? I know there is deceit, but who can deceive you into dying to the world and genuinely living for Christ???

Dave.....it's true for me also...Ray is such a Blessing as a Teacher and Leader with the Spirit of truth, such a gift is from above, and not solely from a man.  Ray's teachings point us to God, and not to himself.  In his writtings the spotlight is fixed on the scriptures, not a charming and slick personality!  

We aren't following Ray the man, we are running to where he is pointing us to in Christ.

God Bless,
Brenda

brenda, i loved what you said "we aren't following ray the man, we are running to where he is pointing us to in Christ." so simple, so true. thanks for the words that now keep ringing in my heart.

claudia

AK4

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 02:35:13 PM »

I remember also when i had first started reading Rays papers, that the way Ray was writing or better put, Rays papers were written mostly to the called AND chosen--the elect. 

Did anyone else get that same feeling?

winner08

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 11:30:11 PM »

Wow AK4 The same exact same thing happen to me. I was reading Armstrong's site and just started getting tired of it. Then I don't remember how it happen but it did. I started browsing and next thing I know I am on Bible Truth's home page. I started reading Ray's papers and never looked back. I do remember that i could not wait to join the forum. Someone said that it was like I was a sponge just absorbing everything Ray had written.

Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.