bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strong delusion  (Read 7144 times)

AK4

Strong delusion
« on: August 22, 2008, 01:04:38 AM »

What is that strong delusion?  I've pondered on that for a while now (years). This strong delusion.  What is it? 

Well in my opinion, its everything in this world, but the biggest thing has got to be the free will.  It cant be anything else.  There is many other things that go into this strong delusion also like evolution (the way that it is taught), global warming, the way things are run by the govts, the things that these scientist and nutritionist and all the like "feed" in you to believe what is right and wrong for your body, astronomy, oil, dinosaurs, some religions, etc etc etc.  Think about all the things that the "people in the know" know but dont tell us, the common folk, what is the real deal.  You can look up almost anything and find the opposite of whats been taught as fact.  Even the bible (all the different translations) can be a delusion if you dont go back to the original hebrew and greek scriptures.

What is it all about?  Free will.  Man that is a real good one.  Thats the best and biggest to me.  It feels like we all do our own thing without any cause, but the reality is we dont. 

I guess my question to everyone is---what do you think is strong delusion.

I pray that all will be able to see through the strong delusion and given eyes and ears to come to the Truth that is Him through Jesus.

Anthony

AK4

Re: Strong delusion
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 01:11:28 AM »

I also have an answer for all those whose say that we are just puppets.

Did you feel like a puppet before learning this Truth?  Do you feel like one now?....  Well then, point proven!!   :) ;) :D ;D :o 8)  (sometimes i wish Ray would answer some of his emails like this).

AK4

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 01:35:08 AM »

3 post in a row!!! Whats wrong with me.   8) ::)

Let me clarify that last post...

Did you feel like a puppet before learning this Truth?  NO.  Do you feel like one now?  Now how is it different from before you knew the Truth? 

Well then, point proven!! (sometimes i wish Ray would answer some of his emails like this).

Kat

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 01:39:06 AM »

Hi Anthony,

Here is a section of the May 2008 Bible Study 'DOES A SOVEREIGN GOD EVER CHANGE?'

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=7714.0 --------

God Himself never lies, but let’s go a little further than that.  Does He use those that do lie?  Absolutely.  Satan is a liar and the father of it.  He uses Satan.  I think on four occasions in the Old Testament we have lying spirits.  On one occasion a lying spirit said;

2 Ch 18:21  And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets…

He said I’ll go and lie to them and pretend to be a prophet.

v. 21 …And the LORD said… go out, and do so.

He said do it, lie to them.  But God doesn’t lie.  Does He use lying spirits?  Yes.  Does God Himself deceive?  

2 Thess 2:10  …because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

They couldn’t receive the love of the truth.  How could anybody receive the love of the truth unless God gives it to you?  How can any come to Christ except God drags them?  How can any choose Christ, He says you don’t choose Me, I choose you.  All of these Scriptures are true.  You can’t just say, ‘well I don’t believe that.’  Well then you don’t believe the Scriptures, I understand.

v. 11  And for this cause…

Why?  Because they didn’t have a love for the truth, but they couldn’t have a love for the truth.  And God says, I know that.  Christ says they will hear these parables, but they won’t know what I’m talking about, because if they did, they would see their sins they would repent and I would heal them.  Well isn’t that what you want them to do Jesus?  No!  Here is another example of the answer.  

v. 11  …God shall send them strong delusion (That Greek word means falsehood, deceit), that they should believe a lie:

There it is.  You say, ‘God doesn’t do that.’  Yes He does.  But He doesn’t change and He doesn’t lie.  We have to get these things straight.  But why would He use deceit?  There is a great purpose for it.  He doesn’t make people be deceived, He sends a strong delusion and they delude themselves.  

-----------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

winner08

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 03:19:38 AM »

Anthony I'm sorry I don't understand the question. are you asking what do we think the strongest delusion is? Is this the same as what the biggest deceptions are? The biggest lie to mankind? Is this the gist of your question? As you can see I'm not the smartest man and sometimes I need some things to be explained to me. Thanks for you patients.

Darren

chuckt

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 09:22:29 AM »

author=AK4 link=topic=7950.msg63514#msg63514 date=1219374278]
What is that strong delusion?  I've pondered on that for a while now (years). This strong delusion.  What is it? 

greetings, this is what i see, yall correct me if im wrong, but ive ran it by others and they see it to, great topic:

11 And therefore God will be sending them an operation of deception, for them to believe the falsehood

what falsehood??

12 that all may be judged who do not believe the truth, but delight in injustice.

if we understand this is being spoken of so called beleivers in ""freewill"" apart from God and that God himself judges unrighteously.

they really really believe in eternal torment and take pleasure in it, the delight in the fact God is ""righteous"" to judge ours/his enemies to an eternity of pain and suffering, they are in fact deluded to think ALMIGHTY's plan is that thru freewill, men ""choose"" and deserve this so called """just"" punishment.

They make the cross of Christ smaller than the curse of adam.

thats my take as of know and im sticking to it  8) ;) :D

Grace to all
chuckt

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 09:24:14 AM by chuckt »

AK4

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 09:46:54 AM »

Anthony I'm sorry I don't understand the question. are you asking what do we think the strongest delusion is? Is this the same as what the biggest deceptions are? The biggest lie to mankind? Is this the gist of your question? As you can see I'm not the smartest man and sometimes I need some things to be explained to me. Thanks for you patients.

Yeah.

The biggest lie to mankind?

Man having an immortal soul.  That's gotta be neck and neck with free will.

Anthony

chuckt

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 09:58:54 AM »

Yeah.

The biggest lie to mankind?

Man having an immortal soul.  That's gotta be neck and neck with free will.

Anthony

no lie is bigger than making God out to be sadistic, having no purpose for his judgments.

people tell me souls burning in hell for all eternity brings God glory.

that is the biggest lie, and  maligns the character of  a most HOLY LOVING GOD.

peace
chuckt.

KristaD

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 10:15:43 AM »

no lie is bigger than making God out to be sadistic, having no purpose for his judgments.

people tell me souls burning in hell for all eternity brings God glory.

that is the biggest lie, and  maligns the character of  a most HOLY LOVING GOD.

peace
chuckt.

That's my thought as well.

AK4

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 10:18:57 AM »

I agree chuckt,  

If you think about it, dont all three of these tie in together---  free will, immortal soul, and the audacity of saying God will punish most of mankind in hell.

Its just one big lie!  one on top of another.

Anthony

chuckt

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 10:34:29 AM »

I agree chuckt,  

If you think about it, dont all three of these tie in together---  free will, immortal soul, and the audacity of saying God will punish most of mankind in hell.

Anthony

YES EXACTLY, they are indeed tied together!!!

and they culminate into the big lie, that God's judgments are ""unjust""

you say God is love, they say ""dont forget JUST"" and their view of JUSTICE IS unjust  >:(   

boils down to unequal weights and measurments.

they delight in the """other"" people getting their just deserve  :-[

God bless
chuckt
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:36:22 AM by chuckt »

mharrell08

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 11:22:22 AM »

I agree chuckt,  

Anthony

Great points Anthony...I was about to post this same statement until I saw yours.

I believe Ray made a statement once were he asked the bible study participants "what are the 2 biggest misconceptions that the church believes?" He went on to state that they don't believe in the sovereignty of God and they also believe that judgment is eternal. Both of these points go hand & hand with your statement.

Marques

carol v

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 12:26:25 PM »

In the delusion of believing all that chuck and all of you have mentioned, the bottom line is they believe they are their own saviours. Because they were smart enough and good enough to "accept" Christ of their own free will and "you" weren't, then they get all the credit.

My SDA friend that died recently (I seem to mention her a lot but a miss her greatly) completely believed and taught free will. Her husband is a non-believing skeptic. She told me that her acceptance of Christ also covered her husband -- so in essence she was not only responsible for her own salvation but was her husband's saviour as well. She certainly would not have seen it that way but then isn't that what delusion is all about.

The greatest thing about believing in free will is that you get to be your own saviour and lord it over those who aren't. That appeals to every part of the beast on our throne.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:27:51 PM by carol v »

chuckt

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 12:43:53 PM »

In the delusion of believing all that chuck and all of you have mentioned, the bottom line is they believe they are their own saviours. Because they were smart enough and good enough to "accept" Christ of their own free will and "you" weren't, then they get all the credit.

Hi C  :-*

some yes, but then you have those that say God has predestined the elect for salvation and the nonelect for eternal torment. never even having a chance thru ""freewill""

they say christ only died for the elect, they say God created souls for eternal torment for his good pleasure.

these are even more sick and twisted, both sides have to justify their belief in tradition of eternal torment.

i will stand before Christ and his daddy with the beleif  (( and knowledge )) that Christ Cross was suffiecent for ALL men of ALL time and that the Cross has nothing on the curse,

we are indeed reproched for this teaching, but it is Good in the eyes of God.and is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.

inlove
chuckt
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:46:56 PM by chuckt »

Phil3:10

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 02:59:11 PM »

Anthony,
My belief is the strong delusion relates to nearly the entire institutional, organized, Christian church system.
There is more deception and outright lies within same than in about anything I know.
Phil3:10
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.