bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The greater and more perfect tabernacle  (Read 6816 times)

WhoAmI

The greater and more perfect tabernacle
« on: August 22, 2008, 04:05:50 AM »

Hey everyone,

The ongoing and unfolding of God's workings in all things in accordance to his purpose is beyond amazement.

I was wondering if anyone ever read...

Rev 21:22 But I saw NO temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb ARE it's temple.

I reminds me to think of the man made temples, and then the temples which  are us and then to God being all in all. This verse makes me think about the fullness of God filling all. Your thoughts?

Brian

Re: The greater and more perfect tabernacle
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 05:38:52 PM »

We, the priests, the Levites, and the people, have likewise cast lots for the wood offering, to bring it into the house of our God, according to our fathers' houses, at times appointed, year by year, to burn on the altar of the LORD our God, as it is written in the Law. We obligate ourselves to bring the firstfruits of our ground and the firstfruits of all fruit of every tree, year by year, to the house of the LORD; also to bring to the house of our God, to the priests who minister in the house of our God, the firstborn of our sons and of our cattle, as it is written in the Law, and the firstborn of our herds and of our flocks; and to bring the first of our dough, and our contributions, the fruit of every tree, the wine and the oil, to the priests, to the chambers of the house of our God; and to bring to the Levites the tithes from our ground, for it is the Levites who collect the tithes in all our towns where we labor. And the priest, the son of Aaron, shall be with the Levites when the Levites receive the tithes. And the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes to the house of our God, to the chambers of the storehouse. For the people of Israel and the sons of Levi shall bring the contribution of grain, wine, and oil to the chambers, where the vessels of the sanctuary are, as well as the priests who minister, and the gatekeepers and the singers. We will not neglect the house of our God."
(Nehemiah 10:34-39)

Throughout the history of Israel, the temple, or the tabernacle before that, was called "the house of God." God signified His presence there by the shekinah glory that was located in the Holy of Holies. Today, under the New Testament, no building is ever to be called "the house of God." This has been ignored by churches throughout the centuries, and temples, cathedrals, tabernacles, and church buildings have all been called "the house of God." If you look at the teaching of the New Testament, however, you will find that it is not a building but the people who are the house of God. Thus, it is not the building that is the church--it is the people who gather. They are "the house of God."

Notice the commitment of these people to attend faithfully the worship services of the temple. We all need the ministry of the saints. Paul prayed that the Ephesians "may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God" (Ephesians 3:18-19). You cannot do that without the ministry of other people. Hebrews has a specific admonition to that end: "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching" (Hebrews 10:25). As we see it nearing, we need all the more to gather together because we need each other's support.

Locally we meet in homes, coffee shops, and restaurants. We also see each other in the shops, markets, and schools. We need each other. Some of the readers do not have a local gathering. We need to keep them in prayer and meet with them spiritually.

For your mutual support
B

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 06:38:31 PM »

Thanks for that post Brian...really great points to keep in mind.  ;)

Thanks,

Marques

WhoAmI

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 01:56:02 AM »

Brian,

Is your response directed towards me? Sorry I may have not made it clear but I was kinda just pointing to the shadows and types that point to a higher spiritual matter. Just as we walk from Egypt to the Promise land, we can see how people can develop in understanding from the journey. For me the temple also shows this to be true.
Hebrews 10:25 is mostly used as a religious trap by most. It takes on an entirely new meaning after knowing all things are being worked to God's will. I found I use to get held up by being like Peter and refusing to go beyond what God says is clean. To many Hebrews 10:25 is a religious fulfillment to hold onto pride of attendance and outward religion. The carnal is bound, but with the freedom of Christ comes constant meeting. I believe how a person sees the word shows where they are at in their walk. But anyhow God's will be done.

Jeff

Brian

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 02:57:21 AM »

Is your response directed towards me?

By no means are my comments directed at anyone person, including you Jeff. I was, very poorly I might add, trying to remind all who read this post that we who have been enlightened have, IMO, an obligation to those who are still in bondage. Do I need to meet physically with brothers and sisters of like mind at coffee shops? Not really. Do I enjoy meeting with them at such places? Yes, I very much enjoy social interaction with peers. Wherever it may happen. It also gives me an opportunity to console and be consoled if the need arises. Sometimes all that is needed is a hug or three. Sometimes just eye contact with a smile.

We can worship in spirit and truth, BUT not all of the weaker brothers and sisters can. It is sad but true many have been called but only few have been chosen. Should we not shed some light just in case they can see and hear and believe? Is not that part of our calling?

I most humbly and sincerely apologize Jeff for any confusion

Love and Prayers
B
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 02:52:02 AM by Brian »

WhoAmI

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 12:51:39 AM »

All is fine. Just asking to be sure. Thanks!

Jeff

OBrenda

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 10:35:42 AM »

Amen Rodger!
;D

mharrell08

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 11:38:05 AM »

Amen Rodger!
;D

Ditto Rodger...great post.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 03:52:22 PM »

Brian, this text was lifted from another site(s). This is not allowed. Please do not do this anymore.

Dennis

We, the priests, the Levites, and the people, have likewise cast lots for the wood offering, to bring it into the house of our God, according to our fathers' houses, at times appointed, year by year, to burn on the altar of the LORD our God, as it is written in the Law. We obligate ourselves to bring the firstfruits of our ground and the firstfruits of all fruit of every tree, year by year, to the house of the LORD; also to bring to the house of our God, to the priests who minister in the house of our God, the firstborn of our sons and of our cattle, as it is written in the Law, and the firstborn of our herds and of our flocks; and to bring the first of our dough, and our contributions, the fruit of every tree, the wine and the oil, to the priests, to the chambers of the house of our God; and to bring to the Levites the tithes from our ground, for it is the Levites who collect the tithes in all our towns where we labor. And the priest, the son of Aaron, shall be with the Levites when the Levites receive the tithes. And the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes to the house of our God, to the chambers of the storehouse. For the people of Israel and the sons of Levi shall bring the contribution of grain, wine, and oil to the chambers, where the vessels of the sanctuary are, as well as the priests who minister, and the gatekeepers and the singers. We will not neglect the house of our God."
(Nehemiah 10:34-39)

Throughout the history of Israel, the temple, or the tabernacle before that, was called "the house of God." God signified His presence there by the shekinah glory that was located in the Holy of Holies. Today, under the New Testament, no building is ever to be called "the house of God." This has been ignored by churches throughout the centuries, and temples, cathedrals, tabernacles, and church buildings have all been called "the house of God." If you look at the teaching of the New Testament, however, you will find that it is not a building but the people who are the house of God. Thus, it is not the building that is the church--it is the people who gather. They are "the house of God."

Notice the commitment of these people to attend faithfully the worship services of the temple. We all need the ministry of the saints. Paul prayed that the Ephesians "may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God" (Ephesians 3:18-19). You cannot do that without the ministry of other people. Hebrews has a specific admonition to that end: "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching" (Hebrews 10:25). As we see it nearing, we need all the more to gather together because we need each other's support.

Locally we meet in homes, coffee shops, and restaurants. We also see each other in the shops, markets, and schools. We need each other. Some of the readers do not have a local gathering. We need to keep them in prayer and meet with them spiritually.

For your mutual support
B

Marlene

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 05:20:05 PM »

Jeff, I see exactly what you mean by Hebrews 10:25. That is all I ever heard while in Babylons church. That, we were to meet when the church doors are open. I had been ills for almost a year and was not attending church. I see now it was part of my journey to come out of Egypt. The best time of my life was all the time I spent one on one with Christ. He showed me truths, that I never dreamed of. Every, day we are with Christ. As, a child I use to spend time alone with God. Then in my 20's I felt need to go to church. But, just never felt like something was right. The truth really does set us free.

Rodgers post was so right on. We can be with him every day. We do not have any need of someone above us in a temple made with hands. We have Jesus Christ all we need.

That was a good verse in Revelations that you pointed out. I really needed that. My Mother is having a difficult time of not going to Church. I never told her she could not go. My Husband does not understand it all, but he is not upset about not going. I just thank God that I have friends on here to share things with and learn together. Its just so wonderful to know we have all we need in Christ.

In His Love,
Marlene

WhoAmI

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 02:39:10 PM »

Jeff, I see exactly what you mean by Hebrews 10:25. That is all I ever heard while in Babylons church. That, we were to meet when the church doors are open. I had been ills for almost a year and was not attending church. I see now it was part of my journey to come out of Egypt. The best time of my life was all the time I spent one on one with Christ. He showed me truths, that I never dreamed of. Every, day we are with Christ. As, a child I use to spend time alone with God. Then in my 20's I felt need to go to church. But, just never felt like something was right. The truth really does set us free.

Rodgers post was so right on. We can be with him every day. We do not have any need of someone above us in a temple made with hands. We have Jesus Christ all we need.

That was a good verse in Revelations that you pointed out. I really needed that. My Mother is having a difficult time of not going to Church. I never told her she could not go. My Husband does not understand it all, but he is not upset about not going. I just thank God that I have friends on here to share things with and learn together. Its just so wonderful to know we have all we need in Christ.

In His Love,
Marlene

Sorry I missed this...thanks for your response Marlene.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.