bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What could I say??  (Read 5105 times)

winner08

What could I say??
« on: August 22, 2008, 10:15:53 PM »

Hi everybody, a friend of mine asked me a question today that I could not give an ansewer to. Does God have emotions like us(human)? I told her I know in the Bible somewhere it says that God is not human therefore He dose not have human emotions. Then she say well God says He is a jealous God and He gets angry with His people(Israel). Then the big one If God was always here before anything was then where would He learn about jealousy from or anger even happy or sad. Since I don't know the ansewers to her questions I said the only thing I could say I DON"T KNOW.
What say you??

Darren

Kat

Re: What could I say??
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 10:33:15 PM »

Hi Darren,

Here are a couple of email that speak about God's emotions.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3719.0.html -----

You can’t think that God has human emotions, like we do, even though He expresses human emotions, like we know He does.  But no, He doesn’t.  Even this thing of love agapeo, and phileo brotherly love.  When God talks about His wrath and His anger, it’s not that He can’t control His emotions.  He talks to us so we can understand from a man’s prospective, what these emotions are, see.

http://bible-truths.com/email12.htm -----------------------------

God often shows "human emotion" in the Scriptures: jealously, disappointment, sorrow, grief, repentance, etc.  All such words and statements are for man's benefit. God speaks to mankind on a physical, human level, because mankind is carnal (Rom. 8:7) and CANNOT comprehend spiritual things. So God presents us with many statements of human emotion as though God is actually experiencing those "human emotions" at the time He expresses them to us.

This is the RELATIVE truth, only understandable to spiritual babes with carnal minds.   God interacting with the human race no unlike a marionette show for children. To the children, IT APPEARS as though all the action on the stage is REALITY. But every ADULT knows that the real reality is BEHIND THE CURTAIN.  The "operators" of the marionettes are the ultimate reality. GOD IS THAT OPERATOR BEHIND THE CURTAIN OF HUMAN UNDERSTANDING:

"In Whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him Who works [Greek: 'operates'] ALL THINGS after the counsel of His own will" (Eph. 1:11).

God is presented in MANY Scriptures as though He CHANGES--does one thing, but then changes and does another; says one thing, but then changes and says another. All this is the RELATIVE from man's perspective. There is much in the Scriptures written this way. Who often does God ASK QUESTIONS in the Scriptures?  DO WE THINK THAT HE DOESN'T KNOW THE ANSWERS?? Of course not. It is for man's benefit that God speaks this way.  "And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?" (Gen. 3:9). God KNEW where Adam was. He merely called out to Adam in this way for ADAM'S benefit.

How often we read of God "repenting" of what He said He would do. But that's CHANGING His mind. Does God CHANGE?  Of course not: 

"For I am the LORD, I CHANGE NOT..." (Mal. 3:6).

"God is NOT A MAN, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should REPENT..." (Num. 23:19).

Hope this helps your understanding a little better.

Ray

winner08

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 04:03:29 AM »

As usual Kat I can count on you to help me out. As for the rest I guess they just don't have the time or maby the question is not as important as some. There's a third, maby the question is just dumb. y'all decide.

Darren

KristaD

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 10:23:40 AM »

There is a forth Darren, maybe we didn't all know what to say either ;).

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 11:41:33 AM »

True Krista,

Sometimes I read a post, and I know it's over my head to answer, but anxiously await the answer so I can learn also. [God Bless Kat, and Others]

Having said that Darren, I also have noticed less participation in replying to posts.  That's one of the reasons I started a post to encourage people who share, not to be discouraged if their input is not responded back to.  It doesn't imply their contribution wasn't valueable! 

I've also wondered if it may be due to our prayers for Ray.  When we are sensitive to be encouraging each other in faith, we may be hesitant to share a question we are entertaining  {what will we do without him} We know we are not to Idolize anything even Great Men like Ray. 

But I can't deny seeing him as a "Unique and Precious Gift" given to us...I don't think I'm alone, and I hope I haven't stepped out of line by sharing this...

Please Forgive Me if I have,
Brenda   

frecklegirl417

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 06:20:39 PM »

Hello, Darren!

I like to read the threads and think about them first before answering. I am new to the truth and DO NOT want to give someone the wrong answer. Sometimes the thread already has a good answer and it would just be repeating the same answer. Kat gave you a great answer, I couldn't have answered better. I am sorry if you feel slighted or ignored that really wasn't my intention but like I said sometimes I meditate to long.  ;)

With God's love & Understanding,
                                                                Pam

AK4

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 06:27:39 PM »

Hi all,

This post and Brendas thread "Its All About You" makes think we shouldnt be afraid to speak up among friends.  If you post something and it way off base, its ok, its a learning experience, just dont be afraid to post.  Heck you never know you might inspire someone else to post something i.e. Brenda's thread and this one is inspiring me to type this now.  Dont be afraid to be wrong, just be open to correction if you are.  Search the scriptures for your answers.  This is a great way to study the Word on a subject, a great way to practice just in case you are compelled to confront someone outside of us about our Lord and Saviour.  Speak up!!!

Besides, aint it one of the things that takes part in the LOF that we all have to go through, that has to be burned out....

Rev 21:8
But the fearful(timid), and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Eph 6:20 - Show Context
For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Eph 3:12 - Show Context
In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him

All in Jesus,

Anthony

ps This forum is where im at almost all day everday, at work and home, you will at least be giving me something to do

:) ;) :D ;D
Brenda did you read this.

OBrenda

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »

;D Anthony,

Couldn't agree more, if we don't ask a question, how can we learn?
And if we still can't see it, and we give in, we don't find the key to unity.
In my experience there is always movement by both sides, And as Samson basically stated in another post:
[So long as pride and attacking someone character doesn't rear it's ugly head]

Some of us have come from backgrounds, that if you disagree, you get backhanded.  Being loved and accepted is conditional so long as you agree.  I'm one of those that asks many questions.  Some interpret that as being argumentative and intrusive.  When actually it's just that I'm interested. If I don't understand how you arrived at a belief, how can I share it?

And it is also true that this place, is the only place for some people to come to rest and fellowship with people who do agree.  They live alone with these truths, and so I can understand why it is to them, foolish to go back and forth on a "detail" when they are starving for a spiritual Hug.

We need to pray for God's discernment so everybody's needs will be met according to his will.  In the end it is only turning to God that we find the desire of our heart.  If we are the Chosen our desire and need is for Him!
I haven't arrived there yet! But I'm still walking...
;)

Stay Curious In His Love,
Brenda
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 07:38:30 PM by OBrenda »

winner08

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 08:42:44 PM »

No Pam(frecklegirle417) I don't feel slighted or ignored. I tried to get a thought provoking conversation going and I failed. It was no ones fault but my own. Maby the topic wasn't interesting enough or maby some all ready answered this kind of question more than once and are tired. Anyways thanks for you response. Yes I to like to think hard before I ansewer a question for the same reason I am basically new to the forum(4-5 mos.). So I try to meditate on certain post and try to ansewer them very carefully knowing that I could be wrong. But being wrong can have a positive side effect. Some one will more than likely correct you. In the process of correcting, you will learn a great deal. So being wrong has its advantages.

Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.