bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contradiction???  (Read 6814 times)

winner08

Contradiction???
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:57:53 PM »

I know there is no contradiction in scripture therefore I am confused about this question that's been eating at me. I am sure y'all can help me with it. Jesus said that anything you ask in my name my Father will give to you. But as we know from Ray's paper on prayer that what we pray for has to already be in God's will in order for it to come to pass(come true). God's will, will be done everytime, all the time. That we will never change God's mind. So why the contradiction? Anything we ask for in Jesus name (only if it was in God's will before we asked)? Help ???

Darren

WhoAmI

Re: Contradiction???
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 02:13:57 AM »

You just explained how it works. Don't go back and then just focus solely on the part about "ask anything and it will be given to you " part. It is dependant on the other part as well. The GOD's WILL part! That is where you proably get confused. Hope that helps.

Jeff

winner08

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 04:09:36 AM »

Your right. I went back and read my post and there's the ansewer right there.

Darren

winner08

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 03:59:16 AM »

Jesus said ask in my name and my Father will give it to you. Jesus did not say only if it is in my Fathers will. Let's see, I had one taker on this question,either the question is too hard for y'all or just too dumb. You decide.

Darren

AK4

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 05:40:31 AM »

Let's see, I had one taker on this question,either the question is too hard for y'all

Well since you called me out Darren  :D

What about he knows what need before we pray for it and that he will pray for it for us

Ro 8:26 - Show Context
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

Think about all the times the apostles prayed for those that they preached to.  They didnt want ANY to fall from the faith, but Paul knew that grievous wolves will come in. Yeah maybe they prayed in His will and maybe some was not in His will but remember....

Eph 6:18 - Show Context
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

who knows you might say a prayer in His will without even knowing it was in His will, if you are praying on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.

I dont know this is just MHO. 

By the way thanks for calling me out, maybe God was using you to make me search scripture (this makes one read and read and read and read etc etc more and more scripture to find whatever is the point there trying to make, which is making them read and study and search for that pearl/Truth that is his Word.

In Jesus,

Anthony

ps And i aint no punk  :) ;) :D ;D 8)

Stevernator

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 05:47:22 AM »

Okay, I will venture out a bit as I tell you how I understand it.
It is clear that whatever is asked is to be asked in Jesus' name. Jesus does the things that please His Father. So the way I see it is that if we are asking something in the name of the righteous Son of God it must be in accordance with the will of God. If we would receive anything such as nice cars etc, then Jesus could have said Ask my Father for anything and you will receive.
The "in my name" part is very significant. I think that asking in Jesus' name is more than simply saying "in Jesus' name"; we need to be asking spiritually.

I hope this is helpful and please correct me if Im wrong.
-Steve

AK4

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 06:34:56 AM »

LOL Me and Steve aint no punks!! :) ;) :D ;D 8)

David

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 07:19:48 AM »

The key here is "in my name". Is what people are praying for what Christ would want either for Himself or for us. Many people pray for all sorts of physical belssings such as wealth etc. Would Christ? I doubt it. Scarcely can a rich man enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I believe the anything Christ is speaking of in these scriptures is the anything and everything in Gods word that God wants for us, and is going to bring about.

winner08

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 07:57:48 AM »

That's what I am talking about. Just to clear the air I know you guys aren't punks.I just wasn't getting any response. I think you guys are great and thanks for the info. By the way John 16:23 and in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily I say unto you in whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name He will give you. So is it whatever we ask the Father for in Jesus name or is it whatever we ask the Father for in Jesus name only if it is in God's will first of all. Sorry, I really do get what you guys are saying. I understand. This was just food for thought. To get a thoughtfull, and meaning full conversation going.

Darren

Vangie

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 08:36:09 AM »

The things you young people argue about today.....makes me want to cheer!  Thanks guys (not a punk among you!) ;)

Love in Christ (from an older former punkette),
Vangie

OBrenda

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 10:11:55 AM »

Hey all you Punks for Jesus,
 ;D

Hmm.......Never saw the "In My Name" brought out like that!
Kinda creepy the way Babylon speaks the name of Jesus in a "Hocus-Pocus" mentality...

Vangie....just can't picture you as a punkette ;)

Kat

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 02:13:01 PM »

Hi Darren,

Here is a section of the article no. 8 in the Lake of Fire series.

http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html ------------------------

"But God commended His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, CHRIST DIED FOR US. Much more then, being now JUSTIFIED by His blood, we shall be SAVED from wrath through Him" (Rom. 5:8-9).

And we can only gain admission and entrance into the kingdom of God through Him. Jesus said, "I am the DOOR…" (John 10:7 & 9), and there is no other. Jesus said to, "Enter ye in at the strait [narrow and cramped] gate…" (Matt. 7:13), and Jesus is the "door" of that gate.

And so this apparently, insignificant little white pebble takes on enormous spiritual value. Our pebble is "white," signifying the purity of both the Giver (Jesus) and the recipient (the overcomer). It is like a spiritual ticket that proves the bearer has been washed clean, forgiven, justified, acquitted of all guilt, and has a paid admission into the Kingdom of God, which Jesus verifies and signifies by His Own written Name! But it is not a literal white pebble with a literal name engraved in it—IT IS A SYMBOL of all of the SPIRITUAL benefits attached to being an "overcomer IN Christ."

"A new name written, which no man knows except he that receives it." [That’s CHRIST, Who] "…had a name written, that no man knew, but He Himself … and His name is called The Word of God" (Rev. 19:12-13).

That’s CHRIST, Jesus is "The Word of God" (John 1:1). The world often treats God’s saints as if they were heretics. Only those who possess the Name of Jesus Christ truly "know" what the name is and all that it represents. Not all who speak of the Name, have the name "written" within them. Men’s lips are often far far from their heart.

I already covered how that "name" is representative of THE PERSON WHO BEARS IT. To believe in THE NAME of Jesus Christ is to believe ALL THAT JESUS IS!  And the reason we have a "new" name is because all whom are "IN Christ" are "NEW creatures [new creations]: old things are passed away; behold, ALL THINGS ARE BECOME NEW" ( II Cor. 5:17).  We not only have a new name, but we become and ARE A NEW NAME as well.
------------------------------------------------------------

Christ is perfectly in line with the will of the Father.

John 5:30  I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

We are in the process of developing the same spirit and mind of Christ, so we know what to ask for. 

John 15:14  You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
John 15:16  You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

1John 3:22  And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

We must continue to overcome the flesh and through study and pray seek to align ourselves with His will.

Joh 7:16  So Jesus answered them and said, "My teaching is not Mine, but His who sent Me.
v. 17  "If anyone is willing to do His will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is of God or whether I speak from Myself.
v. 18  "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

James 1:17  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

AK4

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »

That's what I am talking about. Just to clear the air I know you guys aren't punks.I just wasn't getting any response. I think you guys are great and thanks for the info. By the way John 16:23 and in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily I say unto you in whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name He will give you. So is it whatever we ask the Father for in Jesus name or is it whatever we ask the Father for in Jesus name only if it is in God's will first of all. Sorry, I really do get what you guys are saying. I understand. This was just food for thought. To get a thoughtfull, and meaning full conversation going.

Hi al,

This post and Brendas thread "Its All About You" makes think we shouldnt be afraid to speak up among friends.  If you post something and it way off base, its ok, its a learning experience, just dont be afraid to post.  Heck you never know you might inspire someone else to post something i.e. Brenda's thread and this one is inspiring me to type this now.  Dont be afraid to be wrong, just be open to correction if you are.  Search the scriptures for your answers.  This is a great way to study the Word on a subject, a great way to practice just in case you are compelled to confront someone outside of us about our Lord and Saviour.  Speak up!!!

Besides, aint it one of the things that takes part in the LOF that we all have to go through, that has to be burned out....

Rev 21:8
But the fearful(timid), and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Eph 6:20 - Show Context
For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Eph 3:12 - Show Context
In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him

All in Jesus,

Anthony

ps This forum is where im at almost all day everday, at work and home, you will at least be giving me something to do
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

winner08

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 08:17:09 PM »

Yes, Yes, Yes, This is what I'm talking about great conversation. Provoking conversation. Great provoking deep thought get those thinking caps on conversation. Thanks everybody.

Your punk as friend,                               
                             Darren :D :D :D

David

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 09:52:19 PM »

The things you young people argue about today.....makes me want to cheer!  Thanks guys (not a punk among you!) ;)

Love in Christ (from an older former punkette),
Vangie

Thanks Vangie  ;D I don't get called "young" very often these days!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.