bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pastor pleads guilty to stealing  (Read 5915 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
pastor pleads guilty to stealing
« on: August 23, 2008, 01:04:35 AM »

a pastor at a church up the highway from austin, tx pleaded guilty to stealing about $700,000 from his church's bank accoonunts and credit cards. he used the money to spend on vacations, property and horses. he had been the pastor of the church since 1992. when the church accountant noticed some unusual charges on the accounts. a leadership group began looking into the case and that is when the pastor stepped down as pastor. he paid back $343,000 in restitution by selling some of his assets. the judge is considering the case. the d.a. said it is nice every now and then for a defendant to accept responsibility, pay restitution, and accept jail time. the attorney for the pastor said that from the beginning the pastor took responsibility and cooperated with the d.a.'s office. the attorney said the church is the most important thing to the pastor. in the words of our teacher ray smith, "OH REALLY"!

i find it amazing that everybody is saying that the pastor has been so cooperative and taking responsibility for his actions, when in truth the pastor ONLY came clean when he got caught. if the accountant for the church hadn't noticed the unusual charges to the church's accounts, this pastor would most likely still be fleecing his poor dumb sheep. this case just reiterates the truth that the churches today are truly taking money and making money from the people sitting on the pews every sunday morning. it is so maddening. i praise God for revealing the truth about coming out of the church to me thru ray. i also thank God that even the dumb sheep of the flock will one day know the truth and they will be set free indeed. finally...

your sister in Him,
claudia

Jackie Lee

Re: pastor pleads guilty to stealing
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 01:15:51 AM »

I am so glad I am no longer a part of that mess.
 I no longer feel guilty when someone asks me to go to their babylonian churches, to say No.

gmik

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 01:54:13 AM »

Ugh!

I just watched Binny Hinn on TBN (I was just passing the channel) and he was BEGGING for 5 MILLION dollars to spread the gospel.  That is stealing too!!!!

WhoAmI

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 02:01:07 AM »

Does he think he can rob God?  :P

Heidi

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 06:51:54 AM »

I am also glad that I no longer feel guilty for not going to church on Sundays....the truth will set you free!!!! ;D  By grace I have been set free, not of my own good works, but by God who is in control of my finances.

Heidi

OBrenda

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 08:42:07 AM »

I'm with you Heidi,

Going to chuch got to be another JOB!

Where we had to pay them, instead of us getting paid!

;) ;D
Brenda

musicman

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 12:17:02 PM »

That's ok, he wasn't robbing God.

How noble it is to come clean when you are caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

WhoAmI

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 12:42:10 PM »

That's ok, he wasn't robbing God.

How noble it is to come clean when you are caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

I just love a Malachi joke, don't you?

:o

gmik

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 03:06:59 PM »

Don't you think if God wanted us to, we would have found Bin Laden by now?  God is having a hedge of protection around terrorists (I think) as we are being judged.  Whenever He wishes, He will remove the protection and maybe punish Islamic countries.  Anyway that is how He usually worked in the OT. I am sure Hitler fulfilled some OT prophecies to punish the Jewish nation.

Is. 1:4-6 describes us pretty good.

As far as the election goes, I think that is part of the Babylonian system we need to come out of.

I love it that Ray wished him well in Iraq!!

musicman

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 12:24:23 AM »

I'm voten for the guy that doesn't suck as much as the other!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.