bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: It's About You!  (Read 10145 times)

OBrenda

It's About You!
« on: August 23, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »

God has put something in my heart to say,

In some posts, especially the longer ones, there have been little pearls dropped in that don't always get a response back to, or acknowledged to their importance.

If anyone out there has felt invisible...
Please know you are very important!

In Christ,
Brenda

Samson

Re: It's About You!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 01:49:53 PM »

In some posts, especially the longer ones, there have been little pearls dropped in that don't always get a response back to, or acknowledged to their importance.

In Christ,
Brenda

True Brenda,

However, the reality is that there are so many Threads, Sections, Information to review that time doesn't allow for giving attention to every Post we could possibly respond to and give ample attention to all of Ray's material. As an Example, I noticed this Morning that there was many new Topics in the General Discussion Section since my last visit to the Site(Yesterday).

Approximately one week ago or less, I sent you a Pm in response to your comment on " My Big Mouth shutting up " by the Freckle Girl and noticed it wasn't in my out box, so it must have disappeared in computer hyperspace or somewhere, it was fairly long, so I decide to bag it, especially since I couldn't remember the content.

Time doesn't control God, but it certainly controls our choices. Logically, if your Retired, working only part-time or don't have screaming and nagging Kid's at home, you have more time to devote to Posting, Starting Threads, Reading Ray's Articles, etc, etc,etc. This is one of the reasons that I prefer responding to Threads versus starting them, it takes more time and effort in preparing a new Thread versus answering ones's that are already there.

Kind Regards, Your Brother Samson.

KristaD

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 02:37:49 PM »

What a wonderful thought to share with us Brenda! Thank you for those kind words :).

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 02:54:17 PM »

Samson,

When I titled the subject "It's about You" you were the last person on my mind. :-\
And actually I received your PM reply concerning the "My Big Mouth" started by Pam.  Perhaps you didn't check it to save you a copy.  It shocks me that someone as generous with their time to post replies the way you have, would entertain the thought this was a slight torwards you. ???  This in no way reflects how I see you... :-[

I feel just horrid, that someone I have such admiration for thinks be hasn't been appreciated or given enough to this forum.  In my heart, I felt that there were a few people out there, that were alittle timid, that when no one reflected back on their contribution that they might feel overlooked.  This does not imply rudeness or uncaring to anyone.  I can't think of any person on this forum that I have this sense about, do you? ???  Of course not!

I thought I was being lead by God, to stop a Lie the Devil was speaking into a few peoples minds out there... Not imply any wrong doing to any person.  I apologize if I worded my post poorly, and will take responsibility for it...I'm sorry if anyone else read something more into this than I had intended....

I don't know what else to say....
Brenda

Samson

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 03:27:03 PM »

Brenda,

My apologies to you, didn't mean to hurt your feelings, if I did. My Post was meant " Generally Speaking ", not to anyone specifically, but merely my realistic approach to things. I wasn't applying it to myself or anyone in particular, but speaking with my Martian(Men are Mars) Brain. None of what I posted was meant as a criticism or looking to blame, but merely an observation as I see things.

As my wife mentions to me on occasion, my brain is working so fast, that I need to give it a rest. It's time for my nap, before work, looking forward to writing you another time.

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, With Love(Agapeo), Samson.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 03:32:02 PM »

In Christ,
Brenda

Hi Brenda, I really feel I have very little to offer at times, but thank you for letting me know and make me a little more comfortable in posting.
I would love to share more but must not be the right time now. :)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 06:55:23 PM »

Brenda, it's a beautiful thought and I'll echo it wholeheartedly.  Too many times to count I've read such pearls here, so I also thank those of you who have laid them out without direct reply.

For my own part when posting, its the thought that goes into a thoughtful post that is of benefit to me, whether anybody directly replies or not.  Maybe you've heard the adage:  Writers are stupid. They don't even know what they think until they write it down.  Of course, this is a forum so at times we might not get beyond the first draft, so to speak.   ;D

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 07:26:55 PM »

God has surely given you a very tender heart brenda. thank you for the love you share in your posts.

claudia

OBrenda

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 11:09:35 AM »

Samson,

My feelings were coming from the fear I offended you, and may stupidly be offending others.
Like Dave said about writers...we are stupid! ;D
We don't always close all the windows, and point out the doors to our readers.
And we should be grateful to those that come in and add to the understanding, as you were trying to do.

If there was nothing to add to a post that was started, then why start one.
As I reflect and reread this, I see that my ego was in a rush to defend my intentions.  I do try really hard to be sensitive to others, and balance it with honesty.  I go over what I write several times to make sure I'm being clear. 

Like everything we take credit for as doing right, Pride is always there trying to creep in.  I know I was led to write this post, as God showed me something in myself to work on.  Do you think?...If we truly understand righteousness comes from God, and not ourselves, we will stop reacting in defense of ourselves?

Reflectively,
Brenda

Vangie

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 12:08:02 PM »

Brenda, I totally understand what you mean.  But we're friends and family here, and it's all good.  As Claudia said and I second, you have been given a tender and beautiful heart, and you shouldn't second guess your own (well meaning and loving) intentions.  (Easier said than done, as I said, I totally relate and put my foot in my mouth often trying explain myself so as not to offend others!! :D)  Looking back, I wonder was it necessary even?!  It's a kind of difficult medium here thru which we communicate, but we all appreciate and love you--please don't second guess that!

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Samson

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 12:28:21 PM »

Samson,

My feelings were coming from the fear I offended you, and may stupidly be offending others.
Like Dave said about writers...we are stupid! ;D
We don't always close all the windows, and point out the doors to our readers.
And we should be grateful to those that come in and add to the understanding, as you were trying to do.

If there was nothing to add to a post that was started, then why start one.
As I reflect and reread this, I see that my ego was in a rush to defend my intentions.  I do try really hard to be sensitive to others, and balance it with honesty.  I go over what I write several times to make sure I'm being clear. 

Like everything we take credit for as doing right, Pride is always there trying to creep in.  I know I was led to write this post, as God showed me something in myself to work on.  Do you think?...If we truly understand righteousness comes from God, and not ourselves, we will stop reacting in defense of ourselves?

Reflectively,
Brenda

Hey Brenda,

Don't feel bad, I tend to be overly sensitive myself, alot of it probably has to do with the environment we were exposed to growing up. This is why your not likely to see me attach any individual(at least not deliberately) at this Forum or criticize their comments. Whats the point ! If I believe that someones comment directed at me is obviously attaching or cocky, I might PM them or vent about the matter with a close friend, especially when I believe their being ridiculously picky, this rarely occurs, but is probably inevitable when imperfect Human Beings interact with one another. Now I realize that people are entitled to their opinions, but they don't have to be rude about it or cocky. This even applies when we dealt with Samuel in that Topic regarding using a Concordance, in his case, he broke the rules, he's entitled to his beliefs, but the rules state that we aren't allowed to teach Heresy at this Site, we joined this Forum for fellowship and to get away from these unscriptural lies. It may sound overly tolerant to some, but I respect Samuel's right to belief whatever he wants, however when he joined this Forum, he agreed to at least keep these obvious contrary beliefs to himself, no one forced him to join, instead he was inspired to pull a fast one on us.

Remember Brenda, whenever I answer someone's Post, my intentions are noble and many times make comments as an observer, rarely applying my comment to anyone specifically, unless obviously stated by me.

In God's Love Sister and thankyou for being a support for my wife
                                    regarding her eventual surgery.   Samson.

OBrenda

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 07:57:20 PM »

OK

Somebody explain to me, how a Post I titled "It's about You" to encourage our Brothers and Sisters....

Ends up Encouraging Me?

Truly Blessed & Confused!
Brenda
 :-\ ;D

AK4

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 08:15:07 PM »

I posted this in another thread,

Hi all,

This post and Brendas thread "Its All About You" makes think we shouldnt be afraid to speak up among friends.  If you post something and it way off base, its ok, its a learning experience, just dont be afraid to post.  Heck you never know you might inspire someone else to post something i.e. Brenda's thread and this one is inspiring me to type this now.  Dont be afraid to be wrong, just be open to correction if you are.  Search the scriptures for your answers.  This is a great way to study the Word on a subject, a great way to practice just in case you are compelled to confront someone outside of us about our Lord and Saviour.  Speak up!!!

Besides, aint it one of the things that takes part in the LOF that we all have to go through, that has to be burned out....

Rev 21:8
But the fearful(timid), and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Eph 6:20 - Show Context
For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Eph 3:12 - Show Context
In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him

All in Jesus,

Anthony

ps This forum is where im at almost all day everday, at work and home, you will at least be giving me something to do

:) :) :) ;) :D ;D :D ;D

WhoAmI

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 01:05:19 AM »

OK

Somebody explain to me, how a Post I titled "It's about You" to encourage our Brothers and Sisters....

Ends up Encouraging Me?

Truly Blessed & Confused!
Brenda
 :-\ ;D

I will give it a shot. You wrote "It's about You"... that is you, not me, right? I am me and you are you. So obviously you are talking about you right? If you had written "It's about Me" then I would have known you were talking about me and not you, right?  ;D

Jeff

kweli

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 08:14:47 AM »

I am me and you are you.

Jeff
Amazing how everybody seem to be their own eye-opener, wouldn't you say WhoAmI?  :D

OBrenda

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 08:38:04 AM »

I am me and you are you.

Jeff
Amazing how everybody seem to be their own eye-opener, wouldn't you say WhoAmI?  :D

I get it you guy's....I,you, me, he, she,......
       We are ONE!
      ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 08:40:42 AM by OBrenda »

WhoAmI

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 01:32:28 PM »

You have taken the pebble out of my hand little grasshopper.  ;D

Jeff

faith2faith

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 01:09:35 AM »

just dropping in to say Hi and its good to know that someones encouragement
to up lift those who may think they might be alone, so Bless you all and yes
we should give words of encouragement, you just never know who might be
Blessed and needed to hear that at the time. 

Samarnon

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 04:02:12 AM »

Thanks Brenda!

As for me, I'm not good at writing things and it’s not my talent so reading your posts is just fine with me and it’s what I do regularly.  :)
I'm not a good talker/speaker either. :-[ :(

Love, Joy

OBrenda

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 11:59:49 AM »

Hi Faith2Faith & Joy,

Not all of us are gifted in the same way.  We all have value and purpose.
I do become curious when I see a post asking for prayer read 250 times, with only 5 responses?
I don't take that to mean only 5 people are praying, or am I implying they should post a reply.
I'm just aware that there are many more with us quietly.
It's like having arms & legs we can't see.
By faith we know how important they are to us.

Hope all of you quiet warriors know that!
Brenda
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.