bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's About You!  (Read 10140 times)

winner08

Re: It's About You!
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 11:38:42 PM »

Brenda this is a great thread/post. I get confused on the difference. To be perfectly honest with you and everyone here I notice I really don't get many replies to my post. I'm not certain how many replies are enough? My point being I hesitate and think long and hard as how should or if I should post a certain question that's been on my mind, Fearing that it's not worth y'all time. Maby it is a stupid question or a question that has been asked many times. Maby Ray has written papers on my question and I just haven't got to it yet This might have an influence on me. In fact I was told one time that I should read all of Ray's papers before I post because most question I have will probably be in there. I can tell you this effected me negatively. I was reading the LOF series and had a question and that is what I was told. That was when I just started. Yes I have issues.  :( :(

Thanks,  Darren

P.S. Has anybody heard from Roy, from the UK?? I think he's MIA

OBrenda

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 01:37:24 AM »

Hi Darren,

I think if someone told me to read Ray's papers first, I'd be a bit hesitant to ask questions, because they may have said that because I was being a pest.  But another reason may be the caution to not teach.  I think many have trouble knowing where that line is.  I do  :-\

I think we are all working on that here, sometimes we do better than others.  Joe was helpful when he encouraged us to find balance.  I think it might be helpful to define words, like Ray does many times to get a better understanding for everyone.

I think in our fellowship here we do teach each other, but a better word to use maybe to "Share" our understanding.  In that way we are open to correction or clarification of those who have studied longer.  I learn in a post, when many people add their experience to a subject.  We all have different personalities here, some tenderhearted may find it a little frightening to be corrected and so keep silent.  Some of our Warriors here, have felt badly when they just really wanted to help, but ended up offending someone.

I don't think there is a right number of responses.  If I can't help someone, I will let others who can.  And pray someone has the right answer for them.  But I will read it and be blessed and maybe next time I might help.  Through our weaknesses & our strengths God is refining our Character in each other.  For those of us who post allot, in one post we may be a tool to be a blessing, and the the next day cause hurt.

I have come to accept that I will try to come from a place of Love, and when I miss it, it was Gods will to show me my Pride, or/and teach the hurt one to forgive another Brother or Sister.

I think it is good advice you where given for everyone to keep rereading Rays teachings.  We don't know the motives of that person.  I think this is a perfect place to ask questions, and in everthing we do let us search what God is leading us to do.  Sometimes I've spent allot of time typing something, then thought better of it.  And sometimes I accidentaly deleted it.  And then I wish God had deleted them before I hit that Post button! ;)

You've been a Blessing to me,
Brenda

Sirach

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 06:05:10 AM »

Im a big questioner  :D  ill ask everything, without having any hesitation whatsoever...and i dont mind what someone else thinks of it. Im new to this teaching...so...i ask my brothers and sisters who are here much longer.

The questions i ask are probably asked before....but searching for them in this jungle called forum is looking for a needle in a haystack (thats a correct american saying..right ?  ;D )

I feel free to ask anything i want....it is my level of expectation that is very low. If i ask a question, and i get no answer at all..i do not get disapointed.

If i ask a question, and i get eye opening answers, like in my question on context...i am very very gratefull, and joy and happiness fill my heart..to God, and to the people God uses to give me answers.

Love you all
Robin

hillsbororiver

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 11:37:34 AM »

Great topic Brenda,

Awesome replies as well!

This probably needs to be brought up from time to time, I understand how some folks may feel unacknowledged or that something they thought was important and relevant is seemingly ignored.

You can see by the number of members versus the number of "regular" posters that only 10 to 20% of the membership post anything, when you also consider the number of guests at any given time you can see that it really is a small minority that post anything at all. Some people are more comfortable just reading, there is nothing wrong with that at all.

We must keep this in mind when we feel strongly compelled to share something and then not receive many responses, it just might be that the strong compulsion was Spirit inspired to speak directly to perhaps just one person out there whether it be a non posting member, a new member or a guest. We may never be aware of how something we shared had a huge impact on someone that needed to read what you wrote at that exact moment in time.

Perhaps we won't receive the reward of acknowledgement in this age but won't it be a glorious thing if in the next age someone you did not know thanked you for the inspiration or empathy or insight you provided at a most critical time?

His Peace to you,

Joe

Samson

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 02:22:50 PM »

Great topic Brenda,

Awesome replies as well!

This probably needs to be brought up from time to time, I understand how some folks may feel unacknowledged or that something they thought was important and relevant is seemingly ignored.

You can see by the number of members versus the number of "regular" posters that only 10 to 20% of the membership post anything, when you also consider the number of guests at any given time you can see that it really is a small minority that post anything at all. Some people are more comfortable just reading, there is nothing wrong with that at all.

We must keep this in mind when we feel strongly compelled to share something and then not receive many responses, it just might be that the strong compulsion was Spirit inspired to speak directly to perhaps just one person out there whether it be a non posting member, a new member or a guest. We may never be aware of how something we shared had a huge impact on someone that needed to read what you wrote at that exact moment in time.

Perhaps we won't receive the reward of acknowledgement in this age but won't it be a glorious thing if in the next age someone you did not know thanked you for the inspiration or empathy or insight you provided at a most critical time?

His Peace to you,

Joe

Excellent point, Joe, especially about the Guests who read our Posts.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Beloved

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 02:31:24 PM »

In some posts, especially the longer ones, there have been little pearls dropped in that don't always get a response back to, or acknowledged to their importance.

If anyone out there has felt invisible...
Please know you are very important

It happens hundreds all the time and will continue to happen    :D
I just have to remember that I am His slave, doing what He wants me to to do and that "no special treatment is warrented because I am simply obeying Him.

Look t these points that Jesus made

(Luk 17:1)  Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offenses will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!

(Luk 17:3)  Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

(Luk 17:4)  And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

(Luk 17:7)  But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?

(Luk 17:8)  And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?

(Luk 17:9)  Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not.

(Luk 17:10)  So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

Rejoice and again I say Rejoice....
Beloved
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 02:32:47 PM by Beloved »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 16 queries.