bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This happened to me  (Read 3415 times)

Sirach

This happened to me
« on: August 24, 2008, 08:35:35 PM »

Hi all,

Just want to share this story with you all. I just came back from a holliday period at the Costa Brava in Spain. First of all, my wife did not want to go to Spain, becos she is very fond of mountain area's to spent our holliday, but since we go with a tent, and the climate in mountain area's can be kinda bad, i preferred a steady warm climate...and Spain offers that. So, after some talking about the pro's and cons, after my best friend, who have been there five years in a row talked to my wife that the Spanisch Costa Brava is a very nice area, after my sister in law confirmed that...she agreed to go there this year.

We also had some arguments about wich camping we go too...my wife had some idea's, i had some idea's.....but in the end we decided to go to the camping that my best friend went to for the last five years to be sure to have a nice camping.

When we arrived at the camping, we needed to find a spot. I found a nice spot, but it was very near the place where the entertainment was, and we both like peace and quiet...Irma didnt agree becos of that,but their was a very nice playground close to that place wich was perfect for our 4 year old son to go play on his own...we were close enough to watch him from our spot. So, we decided to take that spot, and take the noise for granted.

So...there we are...in Spain...on a camping...on a spot on that camping...pretty normal stuff.

Then one evening our neighbour came to me....he started a conversation becos he heard us say thanks to God for our food out loud, and he saw me in a T-Shirt wich says "The truth will set you free"

He started talking about he and his family are christians too...but that the church they are going too had some different views then the regular churches...he told me they dont believe in a hell .. my jaw felt to the ground...i was stunned. Here i was...somewhere in Spain...on some camping wich my wife did not want to go to in the first place...and here i meet a guy...a family...who share the same thruth as i found just a few months ago on bible-thruths.....i cant describe all the feelings that went through me...but i remember being gratefull to God he brought me there.

They were there with 4 family's...they belong to a 100 year old church wich is located in Rotterdam...wich is only 40km from where i live. I allready was preparing myself for a lonely life...i dont know what Gods plans are, but i think i will loose many friends when i start telling what i discovered.

Marc, my neighbour, was raised in a village wich belongs to the same community as the village i am living in...he knows my father in law...one of his friends when he was young 10-13, was also one of my best friends when i was 17-19...it was amazing. His brother moved back to that village 3 years ago, and he and his family also are believers in the same way that Ray teaches.

Marcs father wrote a very nice book in wich he publishes an email conversation between him and his cousin..and his teachings are very similar too Ray's teachings. Marcs father suffers from prostate cancer at this moment..i hope you can remember him also in your prayers.

Marc is doing a youth camp comming week...there is a lot of youth involved in their church community, and i gave him my t-shirt wich caused him to talk to me, so he can wear it and tell this pretty amazing meeting to the youth of his church.

I just wanted to share this story with you all...to me..i find it rather miraculeus the way this all happened.. ;D

Thank you God.

kind regards

Your brother in Christ
Sirach

OBrenda

Re: This happened to me
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 08:46:44 PM »

Hi Sirach,

That really is incredible!
I love it when you can clearly see God directing things you thought were just ordinary.
He knows the number of hairs on our heads, so he can certainly mange us to meet special people!

Wow,
Brenda
 ;D

KristaD

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 09:58:58 PM »

Wow, that's really cool 8). Thank you for sharing that. Sorry to hear that Marc's father has been afflicted with prostate cancer also :'(.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 12:30:16 AM »

Hi Robin.

Man, I am overjoyed here!  What a great story!  All of you have been on my mind while you were away, and I've been hoping lately that you would check in soon.  But to return with such a story of God's sovereignty and the prospects of close fellowship makes me very happy.  Knowing how 'few' we are and how scattered, it's just amazing.

Are you planning to visit them in fellowship?  If so, I am very anxious to hear all about it.  Will pray for Marc's father.

Welcome back.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Sirach

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 06:48:36 PM »

Yes, im planning to visit them in fellowship soon, and i will tell you all about it.

I know they have some different views on some items...or maybe they are not different from Ray's teachings...i dont know...but i will come here with questions, and i hope you all can help me out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.