bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BYE BYE ETERNAL TORTURE  (Read 5847 times)

tebza4jesus

BYE BYE ETERNAL TORTURE
« on: August 25, 2008, 06:10:14 AM »

Wow, God is good. Come to think about it, I think I have always known that. Only that it seems I get to know that even clearer everyday.

I was just going through Ray's "Revelation is a Book of Symbols" teaching once again, and the LORD reminded me of the story of David and the Wise woman of Tekoa who was sent by Joab in 2 samuel 14, and I thought I should share this with my brothers and sisters in this forum.

This is a lovely story. David's son Absalom had just killed his brother Amnon and fled from his father. Absalom was guilty of murdering his own brother, even though it was in revenge to what Amnon did to Tamar. David got comforted over the death of Amnon, and now longed for Absalom to return.

It is at this point where God brought me to wonder, "Why do 'christians' think that I, the LORD, will NEVER LONG for the return of my children, whom they ('christians') have banished to a hellhole of fire forever, while a sinful man such as David will long for his sinful child to return? Do they think David has a more loving and forgiving heart than I the LORD have?"

If David can long for Absalom (the murderer) even before he apologised then I submit God will long for all sinners who are banished from Him into 'hell' to come back. This simply rules out the possibility of "eternal torture" just like Ray Smith teaches. AMEN!

Verses 11 records David invoking the LORD (making a promise by swearing in the name of the LORD) to this wise woman, saying, "As surely as the LORD lives, not one hair of your son's head will fall to the ground." WOW! Is David using his powers as king to save this woman's son who killed his own brother? Then I submit, that God will use all His powers as GOD to very much save ALL sinners who have also "killed" their own brothers. David is not better than God in any way. If David will save a murderer from those who wants to destroy him, then God will save all sinners from those 'christians' who wants to banish them to an eternal hellhole. Isn't that GOOD NEWS?

Lastly, I close by quoting a WISE woman in 2 Samuel 14:14 NIV (Emphasis mine)

"Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him.

Good news! God devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. If only 'christians' could learn and believe this.

Bye bye ETERNAL TORTURE!

OBrenda

Re: BYE BYE ETERNAL TORTURE
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 08:46:42 AM »

Tebza4jesus

That was simply beautiful..

Amen My Friend,
Brenda
 ;D

WhoAmI

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 02:18:58 PM »

Nothing like being rid of the chains that bind you down.

Love the 2 Samuel quote.

Good news for sure tebza4jesus!

Jeff

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 02:59:07 PM »

Another interesting verse :)
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Stevernator

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 05:35:39 PM »

Exactly Tebza4Jesus. Thanks for sharing that. All sorts of verses start popping out after you learn the truth. (Behold, the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world, God is love, love your enemies). Etc, I could go on and on.

Sirach

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 07:24:22 PM »

Thanks for sharing Tebza4Jesus.

God bless you

musicman

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 12:25:42 AM »

What will the church do without eternal torture?

Be afraid!!!

Be very afraid!!!

musicman

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 11:15:31 PM »

Ha!!, says churchy.

This person doesn't know that eternal means foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrr.

You can't say bye to forever.

faith2faith

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 09:08:40 AM »

Hi to everyone on this thread.

God does punish those he consider as sons and daughters!! just wanted to add my 5c.

And their is one who does torture and torment he is the devil and his demons!

psalm 23 thou i walk through the valley of the shadow of death.....where on earth is that....on earth??

it's not in heaven...it aint under the earth...it's here it's on the earth...shadow of death....what was
the result of Sin..Death...not the (physical) but the (spiritual death) and yet death and hades follow
close behind it uh...thats why alot of people are plagued with diseases and sickness...those who have
not or don't know jesus or recieve him...torments of all kinds of diseases..sicknesses....fear....... I read
how jesus healed or saved those who were demon possesed, with a word or prayer...matt 4:23-24;

I mean well what a reality check...and these demons walk the earth...no they don't fly or float or drift
they walk...jesus said they WALK...looking for rest...rest where?...oh wel' my guess is if the shoe fits

human bodies...ray says in one of his papers that even literal fire that burns the human flesh for even
a few seconds or minutes is agony......imagine how those who are plagued with diseases and sickness
or demon possesed are tormented or tortured are experiencing something like that right now while they

are physically alive yet spiritually dead..........to those it must feel like forever or eternal and thats how
it is for the unsaved and unbelievers...i really don't know how it is that people don't know about God
when he said that i will pour out my spirit on all flesh...i think that even half the inhabitance of the whole
world would have seen the movie passion of the christ...mel gibbsons being the director of that movie.

And if we have a spiritual body when raised at the ressurection how is it we won't feel anything, did not
jesus when he rose to life...rose up in a flesh body....did he not sit with his disciples to eat and drink :-\
after his ressurection...did he not say, touch my hands a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you see
I do..(Luke 24:37-43). (Acts 1:4)
And to eat with them, would he not need the sence of taste..sence of hearing..feel..when he said to his
disciples touch me put your hands here in my side..and in the holes of my hands....did he not rise up in
the clouds in that flesh body and sit down at the right hand of God the father....and are we not to fear
God who can destroy both body and soul in the lake of fire the second death...how is this second death
to be compared to a walk in the park..God our all consuming Holy fire... is this holy too! sulfur and brimstone

some how, it don't sound like to me a swim in a lake...especially if we possess all 5 sences...at the ressurection
are we not going to be just as he is and was raised up in a flesh body like his...Mmmm something to think about.
and why are we to snatch others from the fire...paths of distruction...jude 23....thats my 5c

peace mercy and grace.
trish. 

Kat

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 11:16:36 AM »

Hi Trish,

did not jesus when he rose to life...rose up in a flesh body

Here is an email that answers your question about Christ being resurrected with a physical body.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3213.0.html -----

Dear Ray,
        Where did Christ's old body go?  Is the answer in one of your installments, I couldn't find it.  Why are there holes in his New body, to remind us?  Thanks so much if you can answer or point me in the right direction for the answer!

Dear Reader:
    There are sooooo many important things to understand in Scripture that I absolutely just marvel at many of the questions I am asked. I just don't see the relevance of such questions.

Jesus Christ was the Firstfruits of those Who Slept. He became a physical man. He died, and just like all who die, Jesus awaited resurrection. His came sooner than ours. In the resurrection of God's Elect, they are raised with a "spiritual body" (I Cor. 15:43-44). Therefore Jesus was resurrected with a "spiritual body."  He manifested Himself in His physical body so that Thomas would know for sure it was Jesus. He also manifested Himself as the Gardner to Mary. He manifested Himself as yet a different person to the two men walking to Emmaus.  And he manifested Himself as yet another person when He met His disciples on the shore. Jesus will not go through eternity living in a corruptible physical body full of holes. What, pray tell, does it matter WHERE His physical body "went?"  Will it maybe be displayed in a heavenly museum in a jar of formaldehyde?  I don't mean to make light of your question, but I can't help it--it's the way I am when it comes to thing s like this. And my last reader asked me to "go easy" on those who have been lead astray.  What can I say: failed again! But I do hope that what I have said is helpful.

God be with you,
    Ray

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 06:51:22 PM »

how wonderful and awesome it is to read the scriptures now with spiritual understanding given by God. after reading the lof series i had trouble going back to reading the Word of God, but then the Word which is Christ opened my eyes of understanding so that now EVERYTIME i study the actual scriptures, Truths keep coming to me almost faster than i can take them all in.

God is indeed so good.
claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.