bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spiritual gifts  (Read 4630 times)

winner08

Spiritual gifts
« on: August 25, 2008, 10:11:01 PM »

The Bible says we have certain spiritual gifts. My friend says that mine is having a better understanding of God's word. I said a better understanding than who, you? She has a hard time understanding. Of course I disagree with her I don't think I have that gift. Anyways what are y'all spiritual gifts?? This should be good.

Darren

AK4

Re: Spiritual gifts
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 11:12:24 PM »

I dont know mines Darren.  At one point i may think i have understanding and then wham im slapped back down.  Im glad it happens too b/c it humbles me.

If anything i would say one of the best gifts that God has given me is "common sense".  Thats why i question everything. The older i get (im 30yrs OLD!!!) the more i realise that it aint really common sense its just being able to see through alot of things,  i.e. peoples motives, emotions, media, you name it.

Also another if gift is that God gave me a heart.  I dont just judge someone.  I try to see it from their perspective too.  That one i am still working on because in my teens and early 20's i was taking on everyones problems and not mines.  Then i shut down and stop caring about others.  Now im slowly getting back to caring again.

God Bless,

Anthony

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 08:00:36 AM »

I can't lay claim to any gift.  What things I can do better than others at times, others can do better than me.  I think God gives us gifts at various times for various purposes but doesn't really endow them permanantly.  All the ones listed in I Corinthians are ending or have ended except faith, hope and love.  The spiritual gifts are gifts that the Spirit has.  If He will just lend me these three that's the best I can hope for.  I know when they peek out of this package, it's Him. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 03:39:51 PM »

So far all I've got is x-ray vision & the ability to fly...I'm hoping for super speed to show up by the end of the month. I can't keep showing up late for work.

Oh, wait...you said SPIRITUAL GIFTS not SUPERHUMAN GIFTS. My bad...  :D

Marques

winner08

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 06:36:40 PM »

AK4 Your reply about everytime you think you know, God slaps you down or out of you. Anyways I feel that way too, for me it is most of the time. I think I know something and most of the time it is wrong. This is where my on ego comes into play.  Which brings me to another question. On my other thread you and Brenda talk about Ray having in site about the age of men. This reality just hit me, most of y'all already knows this I;m a little slow on the up take. Ray is really getting his info from God, which makes him a prophet of God. Like in the old testament. Sorry I knew Ray was smart but if he has the truth about man and even the beat of mines don;t know, then Holy Cow!! Ray is a true prophet of God. This reality, This whole reality just hit me like a ton of bricks. MAN! that's what I call a revelation.

Darren

carol v

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 12:09:12 PM »

I can claim no spiritual gifts and it somehow makes me feel comforted knowing that I have company.

The prophets in scripture were always stating things that would happen at a future time and God tells us that if this thing doesn't come true then that man wasn't a prophet. I don't think Ray is a prophet but a very insightful, God-inspired teacher which is all Ray claims to be. I don't think Ray is infallible in his teaching which is a definite requirement for being a prophet.

Frankly, I don't believe there have been any latter-day prophets and there is a scriptural reason for my opinion:

Heb 1:1  God who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Heb 1:2  Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 03:12:27 PM by carol v »

frecklegirl417

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 01:54:47 PM »

I can't say I have any spiritual gifts either. I think and its only IMO we know the things better then most people at the time it is needed, others are better when we need to be reminded we are not smarter then the one who gave us life. Dave in Tennessee ICor. with faith, hope, love it is one of my favorite verses in the bible. I believe and its only the way I see the verse... You have to have FAITH to have LOVE and you need FAITH and LOVE to have HOPE. I am probally a little off on this but again its only my opinion.

With God's Love & Understanding,
                                                                      Pam

OBrenda

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 02:51:11 PM »

Hey Darren,

I once had a close friendship with a women whom claimed to be a prophet of God, I still question allot of weird things that happened associated with her, but I'm pretty confident she was a deceived Wolf. I don't have a good understanding of what a prophet is.  Sometimes people have different meanings for words.  I certainly think Ray is Special and an Anointed Teacher, and a great blessing to the body of Christ.

I follow your thinking, about the "Revelational" knowledge concerning our Past that Ray is teaching on in the conference! I'm just unsure of a title or label that fits. ???

I think like minded with the others in that "Spiritual Gifts" come and go, and don't really take residence in us.  They operated according to Gods will, and I have even seen them operated through an unbeliever!  But I also see people who have personality traits that are teachers, musicians, writers, actors, homemakers, bankers, etc.  These are also gifts from God, but somewhat different.

Dave has a gift for music, Beloved has a gift for healing.  These gifts are unique from person to person, and are part of the purpose that God has for their lives.  When they are Spiritual Gifts I refer back to Dave's comments about the peeking out of the package. ;)

From what I know of you through this forum, I would guess you have a gift of kindness and humility, which I would like to possess more of.  That is worth more than knowledge.  Knowledge may be power, but it is a tool also of the wicked!

Blessings,
Brenda

P.S.  Pam..thanks for pointing that faith to love to hope...never saw it that way  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.