bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Balancing Act  (Read 11295 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: Balancing Act
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 12:20:17 PM »

Wow!  :o

You folks took this to a whole new level, I really appreciate all the responses as well as the 'soul searching' many of you mentioned. This learning process is not easy, it wasn't designed to be, He created us in the flesh to be resistant to His will and to learn day by day the benefits (rarely as immediate self gratification) of putting self aside and seeking to do His will in all things.

All things.

That is the difficult part, we all are prone to different temptations even as many of our shortcomings do overlap or can be attributed to lust, pride and coveting. It is a joyful experience though when we do resist temptation and we can see a step forward in our spiritual walk instead of that empty self justification that stunts our spiritual growth, when we realize that any sinning makes us guilty of all we can be a bit more empathetic with our brethren in regard to their shortcomings.

I want to thank you all again for your comments.

Peace,

Joe 

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 03:42:41 PM »

You're a great man, Joe!
Thank you for this valuable input. I believe it was necessary!  ::)
Praise the Lord for this!

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

hillsbororiver

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 04:01:40 PM »

Hi Eirik,

I appreciate the kind words Brother but if anything good comes from my direction it is definitely His Spirit doing it!

We all need to contemplate where we are and where we are going as complacency can be our undoing, if we feel we have 'arrived' or are a completed work we are standing on an unstable foundation, it is entirely too easy to be spiritually lazy and fall (spiritually) asleep.

This is something I am constantly learning, all too often the hard way!  ;)

Peace,

Joe

rk12201960

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 07:25:21 PM »

Amen Joe,
words of wisdom.

Thanks
Randy

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008, 08:39:39 PM »

Hi Eirik,

I appreciate the kind words Brother but if anything good comes from my direction it is definitely His Spirit doing it!

We all need to contemplate where we are and where we are going as complacency can be our undoing, if we feel we have 'arrived' or are a completed work we are standing on an unstable foundation, it is entirely too easy to be spiritually lazy and fall (spiritually) asleep.

This is something I am constantly learning, all too often the hard way!  ;)

Peace,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Of course all good that we are doing is the work of God! I just wanted to encourage you. None of us are good, only ONE is good, God! Even so, this is also found in the Bible: And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: (Luke 19:17 KJV)

Jesus Christ Himself will call us friends if we keep His commandments. And I think you just did that in this post - you posted in brotherly love! You wish for harmony and love among us, and that deserves to be appreciated and encouraged.

Hope this made sense...
 ::)

I hope and pray that we will continue in peace and love - let us all look to ourselves first.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

God bless you,
Eirik

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:43:36 PM by eggi »
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

hillsbororiver

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2008, 09:30:28 PM »

Hi Eirik,

The encouragement was very much appreciated, I put that 'disclaimer' in just so there would be no mistake as to where I believe any potential edifying posts contributed by me are originating with me.

You have always been an encouraging voice here and I appreciate that very much as well!

Peace,

Joe
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.