bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A practical question about the LOF series.  (Read 5840 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
A practical question about the LOF series.
« on: August 26, 2008, 03:12:08 PM »

As I've shared before, I'm very queasy about 'end-times' stuff and eschatology so I've spent my time at B-T with the other articles and audio, mostly, though I've read a few installments.

Now that I have a better sense of what Ray is about I want to get more deeply into the series.

My question is:  Is it really a 'series'...that is, do the truths build from section to section?  Or is it more a collection of articles that I could dive into anywhere?

I hope that makes sense.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

Re: A practical question about the LOF series.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 03:34:53 PM »

Hi Dave,

Ray does recommend that you start at the top of the page and go straight through.  I believe each article can stand on it's own.  Some of the article I think it would be better to read in sequence, as the do have an progression to them; for instance article no. 7 'Church Heresy Came Long Before Bible Errors' then you come to the next article 'What Happened to the Church Jesus Built?'  Also article no. 2 'The Origin of Satan, Evil, and Sin' and then you will come to article no. 9 'The Lucifer Hoax and the Mission of Satan' no. 10 'The Synagogue of Satan - There's One Near You' and no. 11 'The Depth of Satan - Who is Antipas?' probably better read in that order. 

So I think you see what I mean.  Any article has loads of valuable truths that you can gain without the others, but sometimes Ray will refer back to something he has already taught.  And a few do kind of continue to the next.  Hope that was of some help  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

ciy

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 04:09:30 PM »

Dave,

I agree that Kathy is right that the series flows from 1st to last, but I think one should read the Free Will installments first because I believe that the false doctrine of free will is the most powerful deception we have in this age.  Even when you know that you do not have free will, one can still find themselves thinking about the past in a free will manner.  I believe the more one can get deep within them the knowledge that God is in control and there is no free will then the easier it is to believe the many other subjects Ray writes about in the LOF series.

Just my 2 cents worth.

CIY

Amrhrasach

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 04:50:39 PM »

Dave,

I agree with Kat and ciy.   Start front to last.   To me, it builds one upon the other.

amrhrasach

AK4

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 05:07:42 PM »

the Myth of Free Will is where i started also ciy, then i started at the beginning.  I agree with you there.  That it is the most powerful delusion.  You take free will out it takes away someone contradicting scripture.  Therefore no hell can exist.

Patrick

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 05:24:12 PM »

Quote from: ciy

Even when you know that you do not have free will, one can still find themselves thinking about the past in a free will manner.

CIY

I'm going through something similar to that right now. Not so much thinking about the past in a free will manner, but reliving memories that started 28 yrs ago (only woman I really, really loved, kicked me to the curb; "I like you but I don't love you" [after dating 2 years]) and continued for 10 yrs after that. I believed I closed that chapter years ago, but God is showing me that deep down, I still have issues that need burned out. The memories and emotions came rushing in like the flood gates were opened. Knowing that God is responsible and I'm accountable has been really hard on me for several weeks and initiated a wrestling match, I'm losing!
Sorry for getting off track.

Most of us were dragged ;) to a "first" article, tithing for me. Some of the articles were not posted yet when I came to B-T's. Pray for God to lead you.

ciy

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 05:37:16 PM »

Patrick,

That is exactly what I am talking about.  Many of us have a "one that got away" experience in our past.  That is why when we really meditate on the fact that God is the cause for everything and you are exactly where you are supposed to be, then you realize that that relationship or whatever had to play out exactly how it played out.  If any part of it deviated from the way it played out by 1 extra minute or by a couple of yards to the left or right,  then you would not be sitting where you are reading this post right now.  And God meant for you to be sitting where you are reading this post right now.

When that truth really sinks in then it should give us a tremendous amount of comfort.  In other words, when we believe in deed then we are really set free.

CIY

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 05:51:18 PM »

I've actually had an easier time 'understanding' God's sovereignty in my past.  I've sort of always believed that God has been in control of History, though it's strangely a bit harder to think of my past as 'part of history' He's been in control of.  It's the present and the future that I've really grappled with, though again, not so much 'other people's' but mine!  It paralyzed me for a while...serious paralyzed me for a few days.  But things are better now, particularly that I'm more convinced I am not the center of the Universe.  LOL.  GRRRR...I just HATE a demotion!!   ;D

Thanks for the answer, Kat et al.  That's what I needed to know. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Patrick

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 08:37:53 PM »

Thanks, CIY!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.