bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Strife, patience, discernment  (Read 10339 times)

hillsbororiver

Strife, patience, discernment
« on: May 18, 2006, 05:57:17 PM »

Hello Brothers & Sisters,

Here we are once again with controversy and strife swirling around us, it was only last week when I was PM'd by a member commenting on how peaceful and edifying the Forum has been recently. My response was just wait, it won't last for long. I said that not out of a fatalistic attitude or a lack of faith in my brethren but from the experience of vicious reality.

This is more or less an open Forum, there are no pledges made or backround checks or lie detector tests administered, when people join up we take them in good faith and we as a group should be willing to patiently deal with questions and sometimes naive or immature statements without resorting to sternly admonishing the brother or sister unless this person shows beyond a doubt they have a divisive agenda.

The thing I really have a problem with in regard to antagonistic posts are the ones in which it is obvious they have not bothered to take the time to read any (or much) of the material and stridently attempt to preach here, or be contentious.

As a moderator I get advised on who to delete, warn & ban, I appreciate the input from our members but sometimes I can see my former self in the poster who offends, and it makes me all the more appreciative of the more mature members who took me aside through PM's and offered patience & wisdom I had not yet attained. I will tell you truthfully I did not always appreciate the input, I was on fire man, I had passion, I was not going to tolerate heresy!

My purpose in writing this is to ask every one of you to have patience with your brothers and sisters (and the moderators) and to privately admonish those whom you feel need it and err on the side of longsuffering, this is never going to be a perfect place, there will be wolves attempting to divide us but let us work together to attain the goal, and to always keep in mind what that goal is.

Unto perfection in Him.

Joe

SteveB

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 07:48:25 PM »

This is more or less an open Forum, there are no pledges made or backround checks or lie detector tests administered, when people join up we take them in good faith and we as a group should be willing to patiently deal with questions and sometimes naive or immature statements without resorting to sternly admonishing the brother or sister unless this person shows beyond a doubt they have a divisive agenda.

Good advice. Ertsky had good idea, maybe you could run it pass Dennis, Joe. It was for an 'I agree' forum, for those who are in FULL agreement with the teaching of BT and *not-allowed*. That way those who are not could go to another forum to post. Just an idea :idea:

As a moderator I get advised on who to delete, warn & ban, I appreciate the input from our members but sometimes I can see my former self in the poster who offends, and it makes me all the more appreciative of the more mature members who took me aside through PM's and offered patience & wisdom I had not yet attained. I will tell you truthfully I did not always appreciate the input, I was on fire man, I had passion, I was not going to tolerate heresy!

My purpose in writing this is to ask every one of you to have patience with your brothers and sisters (and the moderators) and to privately admonish those whom you feel need it and err on the side of longsuffering, this is never going to be a perfect place, there will be wolves attempting to divide us but let us work together to attain the goal, and to always keep in mind what that goal is.

PM is a great idea til the second admonition. Those who may disagree with statements on the fourm should leave it the mods to make judgements on what is or is not 'correct'. That why your here.  :D

I would strongly ask you to consider the 'I AGREE' forum so as those who want to go to a place where is NO divisions may go to share. Thank you.

Peace...Steve

ertsky

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 08:13:57 PM »

i would absolutely love to see a section of the board where only those in full agreement with Ray and Mike's sites are to post.

no articles from wannabe gurus (been there done that)

no trinity lie (been there done that)

no posts saying the church isn't so bad. (been there done that)

no posts saying "you shall not surely die" (been there done that)

no posts from people who in any way disagree with bible-truths and *not-allowed*

people who have actually listened to Mikes mp3's and read Ray's papers checked out the conference material and ACTUALLY FULLY AGREE WITH IT.

people i can submit to.

people like JoeB, Deedle, Hills, SteveB etc etc etc etc people who seem to me to be of like mind

there are heaps of boards out there filled with vain jangling

FOR THE ELECTS SAKE dont let this board become another twaddle fest.

i have no interest in defending myself

i do have an interest in fellowshipping with like minded believers

######################

now having said all that, i just watched a great episode of the sweeney, man that show has an inspired theme song

God has been blessing and teaching me through all this i could write pages of benefit i have recieved from going through the last couple of days.

f

Lightseeker

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 08:34:41 PM »

Joe,

I know I'm probably one of those you're talking about and would like to say something to all.  I looked at all the teachings on bible truths and as I looked at the titles of the teachings I truly felt I already have been exposed to most of them, believed them and didn't need to go read extensive articles.  Therefore I would skim through a lot of them and only read some, more in depth.     I had no big revelations or problems with them, excepting for a couple.  But forum rules didn't require being a ditto head to be here.  I appreciated that.

I've been told that He who only knows his own position doesn't even know that.  That's why I enjoy being here.  Most of the church would rail at what's taught here, I'm not.  But I do love the scriptures and bouncing my "heresies" up against everyone elses "heresies".   :wink:

By the way Martin Luther was considered a heretic by "THE CHURCH" of his day.  And so was Paul.  So I feel like I'm in good company.
 :D
ACT 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers,

It's only as we become Bereans and sharpen one another, awaiting the revelation from "the annointing within", that anything of true value is deposited in our hearts IMO.

I have felt your patience Joe, and appreciate it very much.  It truly reveals a maturity not found in all here.  It's only in passing the trials and tribulations that we will develop the fruit of spiritual  character.

Thanks again,

ertsky

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 08:37:34 PM »

](*,)

where do i begin  :lol:

please someone help Lightseeker out here, i'd love to but find i cannot.

f

ertsky

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 08:49:09 PM »

Have I myself been guilty of this? and if so please let me know right away!

as for me Bob i've always found you to be a genuine and sincere brother

f

SOTW

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 08:51:52 PM »

hehe Ertsky.

As 1 Corinthians 13 says, "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

P.S. I meant that in the most positive way. Like minded doesn't always mean understanding or fathoming all knowledge and mystery. Knowledge is only the milk of the Word, it is the Spirit which gives life.

chrissiela

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 08:58:31 PM »

Quote from: ertsky
i would absolutely love to see a section of the board where only those in full agreement with Ray and Mike's sites are to post.

no articles from wannabe gurus (been there done that)

no trinity lie (been there done that)

no posts saying the church isn't so bad. (been there done that)

no posts saying "you shall not surely die" (been there done that)

no posts from people who in any way disagree with bible-truths and *not-allowed*

people who have actually listened to Mikes mp3's and read Ray's papers checked out the conference material and ACTUALLY FULLY AGREE WITH IT.

people i can submit to.

people like JoeB, Deedle, Hills, SteveB etc etc etc etc people who seem to me to be of like mind

there are heaps of boards out there filled with vain jangling

FOR THE ELECTS SAKE dont let this board become another twaddle fest.

i have no interest in defending myself

i do have an interest in fellowshipping with like minded believers

######################

now having said all that, i just watched a great episode of the sweeney, man that show has an inspired theme song

God has been blessing and teaching me through all this i could write pages of benefit i have recieved from going through the last couple of days.

f

Gee... sounds a lot like what some would call a "feel-good forum" :shock:

Luk 12:1  In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

Chrissie

orion77

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 09:07:05 PM »

This is meant, purely out of humor, so dont take any offense.  8)

DING, DING, DING, the bell has rung.  Are you ready to ruuuummble!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Time for a budweiser commercial now.   :D  :D

God bless,

Gary

chrissiela

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 09:07:37 PM »

So much for Joe's request for patience and erring on the side of LONG-SUFFERING.

I think it's a real shame that those who call themselves a part of the body of Christ and holders of the TRUTH, speak to and treat others so POORLY.

Even Paul had to contend with Peter. GOD FORBID one might grow and MATURE at a slower (OR FASTER) rate than another.

We are to COME to a unity of the faith and have ONE MIND.... that doesn't mean that there are NEVER any differences... or that the hand has the right to say to the foot "I HAVE NO NEED OF THEE".

Joh 16:2  They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.  :shock: [/list:u]

Chrissie

orion77

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 09:09:56 PM »

A big Amen to that!!!

God bless,

Gary

chrissiela

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 09:14:48 PM »

Quote from: orion77
This is meant, purely out of humor, so dont take any offense.  8)

DING, DING, DING, the bell has rung.  Are you ready to ruuuummble!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Time for a budweiser commercial now.   :D  :D

God bless,

Gary

If you could manage to get a commercial break in here... that would be most welcome.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I just can't believe that I DIDN'T MAKE "THE LIST"!!  :cry:  :cry:  

oh, I bet I DID make the list... just not 'that' list....  :lol:  :lol:

Chrissie  :wink:

hillsbororiver

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 09:37:23 PM »

I kind of like the idea of having a Forum section where the ticket for all threads would be related to an article on BibleTruths. Where we could discuss what the paper or portion of a paper has revealed to us and how it is applicable to our spiritual growth.

I don't think that we should require total agreement because scrutiny is the revealer of truth. It would be a mandate however that any disagreement or refutation require scripture, and that the poster had actually read the article, not just come in the room and start arguing points made by another member.

I will propose this idea and see what happens.

Joe

love_magnified

Re: Strife, patience, discernment
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 09:49:30 PM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
Hello Brothers & Sisters,

Here we are once again with controversy and strife swirling around us, it was only last week when I was PM'd by a member commenting on how peaceful and edifying the Forum has been recently. My response was just wait, it won't last for long. I said that not out of a fatalistic attitude or a lack of faith in my brethren but from the experience of vicious reality.

The thing I really have a problem with in regard to antagonistic posts are the ones in which it is obvious they have not bothered to take the time to read any (or much) of the material and stridently attempt to preach here, or be contentious.

Unto perfection in Him.

Joe

Beautiful post.

Mickyd

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 07:57:41 AM »

Sorry folks...but I have to put in my 2 cents worth.

I have read almost everything from both Bible-truths.com and *not-allowed*.com and have listened to the audio. Both Ray and Mike are truely inspired men...of that I have no doubt. BUT....they are still MEN.

1cor 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Even Ray admits that he could be wrong....I personally have no problem with someone who disagrees with something on any of these papers or this forum...as long as it's backed up with scripture.

Anyone who says that he believes 100% in any MAN is a fool...and I would again refer to the verse that I posted above.

Ok...let the beating begin.

eutychus

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 09:30:53 AM »

woohooo,
 i agree, 99%

Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together

1Cr 12:21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

love to all
chuck

hillsbororiver

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 09:45:01 AM »

I kind of like the idea of having a Forum section where the ticket for all threads would be related to an article on BibleTruths. Where we could discuss what the paper or portion of a paper has revealed to us and how it is applicable to our spiritual growth.

I don't think that we should require total agreement because scrutiny is the revealer of truth. It would be a mandate however that any disagreement or refutation require scripture, and that the poster had actually read the article, not just come in the room and start arguing points made by another member.

Joe

MickyD, Bobby, Chuck,

Isn't that what I proposed? After reading your posts I had to reread mine.
You had me thinking I was losing it. LOL

Joe

eutychus

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 09:55:50 AM »

Joe

MickyD, Chuck,

Isn't that what I proposed? After reading your posts I had to reread mine.
You had me thinking I was losing it. LOL

Joe

you go loco. :lol:

i was just  agreeing.

we are in this together and some might be in a transition in their understanding. so for me patience is the key.

be well
chuck

Lightseeker

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 03:16:42 PM »

Lots of good opinion...In My Opinion IMO.  Not all, of course, but still lots.  :)   Like you said Chrissie even Paul had to withstand Peter to the face because of what Paul considered false doctrine...according to scripture.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 05:35:59 PM »

Yes, that is what I was afraid of!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.