bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Israel to Display the Dead Sea Scrolls on the Internet  (Read 5057 times)

carol v

Re: Israel to Display the Dead Sea Scrolls on the Internet
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 11:05:05 PM »

It is absolutely amazing that the Dead Sea Scrolls have survived at all -- a miracle!

The two young boys that found them had no clue what they were and their mom used some of them for kindling.

I've seen pictures of the first scholars researching them and the scrolls are just laid on a bunch of tables in a huge room. Lots of sunlight is coming through the windows. The people reading the scrolls are leaning on them on their elbows smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee.

Now, of course, they are climate-controlled, in glass, in the dark, and everything else necessary to preserve.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 09:41:10 AM »

Hi Carol,

I certainly agree that it was a miracle, perhaps a miracle saved for the end times? Could it be part of the "knowledge shall be increased" in Daniel 12:4?

Having these early manuscripts available to everyone with access to the Internet will be interesting to say the least!

Peace,

Joe

carol v

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 12:26:23 PM »

Interesting Joe -- the Dead Sea Scrolls and the internet both seem to apply to that scripture in Daniel. And we should DEFINITELY give a nod to esword!

I look very forward to seeing what the scrolls look like although I'm sure I won't be able to understand a single word -- or even a letter for that matter.

cherokee

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 12:22:13 AM »

I look very forward to seeing what the scrolls look like although I'm sure I won't be able to understand a single word -- or even a letter for that matter.

Same here Carol.
Thanks Joe for posting this and letting us know about it.

Suzie

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 08:29:12 AM »

Hi Carol & Suzie,

The interest will really ratchet up when the translations start appearing online, when words such as hell, eternal, etc. are nowhere to be found, can you imagine the potential for some real fireworks within religious circles, churches and even secular society?

Some fire and brimstone preachers may feel the heat being turned up on them!  ;)

Peace,

Joe 

cherokee

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 08:48:19 AM »

Hey Joe and Carol,
Did you know they are also displaying the Codex Sinaiticus on the internet?
They already have a few of the books posted.
You can  view them here: http://www.itsee.bham.ac.uk/projects/sinaiticus/
They also plan on posting them in English and German.

Suzie

carol v

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 11:55:09 AM »

"In a dramatic new find in the 1970s, more pages were found in a blocked up room in St Catherine's."

That's a quote from the CODEX SINAITICUS page which plays into what Joe was pointing out about the increase in knowledge. Thanks for that link Suzie. The page really is beautiful. Can you imagine finding something like that -- dramatic is an understatement.

Yes, Joe, the publication of the scrolls could cause some fireworks for sure. That fire and brimstone thing is getting harder and harder to defend.

Kat

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 12:42:31 PM »

I find this very interesting. I think that this unveiling of the manuscripts will be significant only to the scholarly types and we know that's not the church.  I can see how we might get fireworks when the church defends their man made traditions. They have embraced these falsehood far too long to let go of them now.  They are entrenched and the only thing that will overthrow that system is the return of Christ.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

OBrenda

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 04:01:07 PM »

VERY COOL  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.