bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Did man and the dinosaurs co-exist?  (Read 12490 times)

Imabeliever

Did man and the dinosaurs co-exist?
« on: August 29, 2008, 05:15:49 AM »

I was channel surfing one day, about a week ago, and came across a program on tbn about creation vs. evolution. (keep in mind that I dont watch tbn on a regular basis for obvious reasons!) To make this as short as possible, we all know evolution says we came from tiny amoebas. According to God, He created us human, like we are right now! Anyway the host says he was going to show some artifacts on the program never shown before! (on tv) So I wont lie, my interests were a little peaked!  He unveils a slab of rock, millions of years old and it has a human footprint on it!  He shows another ancient rock with yet another footprint in it! Now heres the kicker! He unveils one last ancient slab of rock found by the bank of some creek or river and it has a dinosaur footprint that is overlapping a human footprint! Now God forgive me if I'm wrong on this, but to me, that blows evolution out of the water! :o I've never been one to believe in evolution bye-the-way! I'd love to see ray do some papers on this, if he hasn't already! Comments and criticism welcome! Does anyone understand the implications of something like this? It would blow science out of the water, and I dont believe it would alter God's word in any way!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 05:21:37 AM by Imabeliever »

Kent

Re: Did man and the dinosaurs co-exist?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 08:13:51 AM »

I see it as a possibility.

Scientists recover T. rex soft tissue
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7285683/

But I agree with Ray when he said that both evolutionists and creationists have it wrong. I've believed that long before I ever heard of this site.

Something else is going on here. What it is, I don't know. I just know that what we have all been taught is wrong.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 08:15:33 AM by Kent »

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 10:56:59 AM »

From the home page:
ANNUAL NASHVILLE BIBLE CONFERENCE, Sept. 20-21, 2008

Subjects:  *Orthodoxy & Evolutionists are both wrong on Genesis! *Was it "The Big Bang" or "The God Awesome Blast?" *Is matter an illusion? *Why was the earth "without form" (Gen. 1:2)? *How long were the 6 creation days? *What does "evening & morning" mean? *How old is the Earth & Universe? *Dinosaurs are found in Genesis not Job. *Was Noah's flood global? *Did Noah take dinosaurs? *Where did God get patience (Rom. 9:22)? *Was the creation really hard for God? How hard (Jer. 32:17)? I have found Scriptures that will blow you away.

Having a Geology background (Petroleum Engineer), I'm really looking forward to the conference.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 12:04:43 PM »

Hi Imabeliever,

Your question is very timely.  In harmony with Patrick's post, Ray will be discussing this very subject at the upcoming bible conference in Nashville.  The audio from this conference will be posted shortly after the conference.  I'm sure you will be delighted by what is revealed. :)

René

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 01:57:11 PM »

I can't wait to listen or watch! ;D ;D  I believe both sides have missed it also...

Patrick,...what is your take then on fossil fuel coming from fossils/Dinosaurs, or some other process?

Thanks,
Brenda

frecklegirl417

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 02:01:12 PM »

I am not able to go to the conference so I can't wait for the audio. I only have this to say about man and dinosaurs coexisting together..... God made man so couldn't he have made dinosaurs too? He did have Adam name ALLL the animals in the garden so why couldn't there be dinosaurs too?

Kat

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 02:02:16 PM »

Hi Imabeliever,

As we can look forward to what Ray will bring out about this matter at the up coming conference, he has already discredited a number of those who say they have found proof.  At the Nashville conference ( http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html )last year, he had read about some of these claims and he actually called them up, there was always some falsehood in their story.  
The way I look at these proofs that religious groups find, if there was any validity to what they had, then the science community would validate it or at least know about it.  I'm anxious to see what Ray has for the up coming conference  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Sirach

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 02:03:52 PM »

I have been reading and discussing a lot on creation / evolution..i for one also am very very curious to Ray's teachings on this subject.

musicman

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 02:28:55 PM »

I don't believe that evolution and old earth are the same theory.  There are many who believe that the age of the earth was manufacured to accomodate evolution.  I personally, don't believe so.  I think the scientific evidence blows that guy on tbn right out of the water.  I don't find his guests to be credible and regardless of whether some dinosaur like creatures lived during the reign of man-like creatures, the reign of dinosaurs was several million years ago.  There's plenty of evidence to show that macro-evolution is false without insisting on a literal 6 day creation 6000 years ago.  That show is pseudo science and is very misleading.

KristaD

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 02:53:11 PM »

I agree musicman, I've seen those shows before and they are not good science or scripture.

Patrick

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 03:31:09 PM »

Quote from: OBrenda

Patrick,...what is your take then on fossil fuel coming from fossils/Dinosaurs, or some other process?

Thanks,
Brenda

Brenda, I can only parrot what I was taught in college, which is "During the past 600 million years incompletely decayed plant and animal remains have become buried under thick layers of rock. It is believed that petroleum consists of the remains of these organisms but it is the small microscopic plankton organism remains that are largely responsible for the relatively high organic carbon content".
I will say, as mentioned by another member, it's hard to comprehend how so many plants and animals all collectively died in certain areas (zones) to later become "hydrocarbons" from the pressures and temperatures exerted upon them by thousands of feet of earth.
There are several studies going on about crude not being finite and I believe the Russian's found some interesting data.
In 1956, Prof. Vladimir Porfir’yev announced their conclusions: ‘Crude oil and natural petroleum gas have no intrinsic connection with biological matter originating near the surface of the earth. They are primordial materials which have been erupted from great depths.’ They called their theory of oil origin the ‘a-biotic’ theory—non-biological—to distinguish from the Western biological theory of origins
They argued that oil is formed deep in the earth, formed in conditions of very high temperature and very high pressure, like that required for diamonds to form. ‘Oil is a primordial material of deep origin which is transported at high pressure via ‘cold’ eruptive processes into the crust of the earth'. They dismissed the idea that oil is biological residue of plant and animal fossil remains as a hoax designed to perpetuate the myth of limited supply (Peak Oil). Of course the Russian's kept this data "secret" for many years.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 03:32:53 PM by Patrick »

Imabeliever

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 02:37:52 AM »

About the oil,  I dont think its biological material at all. I believe It is a by product of processes deep within the earth but who am I to assume I know, Only God knows for sure!  here is a link to what I saw, if anyone is interested I am not trying to give a plug for tbn or anything, as I said before I am no supporter of televangelists I just thought it was an interesting off topic subject!http://75.125.60.6/~creatio1/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=48&Itemid=24
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 02:53:54 AM by Imabeliever »

gmik

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 06:44:03 PM »

Hi Imabeliever......such an interesting topic.  Wonder what caused the dinosaurs to disappear or at least shrink??? ;)  (birds, iguanas etc look like mini-dino's)

WhoAmI

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 02:20:02 AM »

The problem is that we are always at the mercy of others information. Most everyone talks about things like we have all done every study ourself. But actually a lot of what we know has been feed to us. You look at the sun in the morning and you don't question what it is. You assume you know. Most of the things in our house no one could reproduce and most people can only describe in basic detail how things work. But in actually making or real understanding it is rare to say the least. I love to read and think of all sort of subjects like ancient times etc. But I always know my opinion is only bias on what others have been feeding me. Kids are a great reminder on how peers and those who are supposedly in the know can influence them. It is tricky, the same people who teach us in eternal hell, tell us man lived with dinosaurs. It's like people who have interviewed serial killers, they always remark how nice and pleasent they are but yet they can't stop killing people. I don't mean any offense but I have told people before that our God is surely much different than we can believe.

Kat

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 11:46:17 AM »

Ray has spoken on this very thing at the 2007 Nashville Conference.  Here is the excerpt of what he said about it.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html -------

There is a thing on TBN, he’s got this Creation Evidence Museum, Dr Carl Baugh.  Well he has some things about these footprints, so I wanted to check on him.  He’s the one that I think who originally brought out this malikite man, and it’s this discovery and the man behind this is Dr Carl Baugh. 
There is this paper researching his doctorate degree, but that man has no degree.  He got a doctorate like I got a doctorate.  This guy is a phony and has no doctorate degree.  The only doctorate degree that he says he has is from a Bible correspondence course, from Jerry Farwell. 
So I found this in his book, about this malikite man, here shows a man digging bones and these bones are suppose to be in solid sandstone, it’s the same strata that runs through Utah and Dakotas.  That’s where they find dinosaurs bones.  So in the same rock that you find dinosaurs, they found this skeleton of modern man, and these bones are articulated, that mean they are still joined together and you can actually move them.  I said wow, this is amazing stuff. 
I learned about this in this beautiful little book here, ‘Unlocking The Mysteries Of Creation.’  It’s such a pretty book, got pictures and all kinds of stuff.  So I’m reading and he exposes the Piltdown hoax.  You all heard about the Piltdown man?  Well it’s a hoax, there never was a Piltdown man, that was half human and half ape or whatever.  Total hoax, he exposes that.  He shows that they just drummed that whole thing up. 
And over here he has this evidence of humans buried by the great flood, human skeletons found in dinosaur rock layers.  This is the hard sandstone of Utah, where these rock formations are confirmed to be some 140 million year old of sandstone, containing dinosaur bones, not too far away from the famous Dinosaur National Park in Utah.  And they took these human bones, and sent them off, and no scientists reported back.  Because they said scientist were afraid of them and didn’t want to say anything, because sure enough here is modern man buried with dinosaurs. 
I thought wow, I had to call somebody, this is amazing stuff.  I never heard of this, modern man buried with dinosaurs, 140 million years ago?  So I’m thinking this proves that dinosaurs didn’t live 140 million years ago, because they are buried with modern man.  And this is a modern man, yet it says here, ‘the perfect modern human jaw.’  So this looks absolutely perfect, just like a modern man from New York city, you know, walking down Madison Ave.  A perfect human jaw bone and teeth, and they are replaced by turquoise.  It’s now solid turquoise, but this is a modern man, wow.  How about that, that’s too much to believe, how come this is not world news? 
So I start studying and checking internet sites on this malikite man.  Then there’s this, the University of Nebraska found 2 years later that these bones were only 200 yrs old, maybe only 150.  They were buried in the 1800’s.  But they said they were buried 50 ft. down, in solid sandstone rock, the same that runs through Dinosaur Park?  They said these were modern man? 
Well, here’s this jaw bone that had turned to solid turquoise.  It was a farce!  The jawbone, it’s stained with copper oxide, it’s not solid turquoise.  These bones were buried in the 1800’s, they’re Indian.  Well what about the sandstone, it’s sandblow!  Sandblow is when sand blows into the crevices of rocks and packs and it stays that way for hundreds of years and it gets firm.  Now you can chip away at it with your fingernails, because it’s not rock, it’s really tight packed sand, sandblow.  And then I see this picture of this little child, he dug all that sand away with a little shovel, that was suppose to be solid rock. 
But it said that this one here is different, this one was found years later at a different location.  They said this is not the same one dated at 150 years, oh no these are old, these are real old here.  And so I’m looking at this picture of him with these real old bones, in his plaid shirt.  Then I find a picture of the original guy, with the 150 year old bones.  It’s the same picture, for crying out loud, same plaid shirt!  It the identical photograph, they are suppose to be taken years apart.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Sirach

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 12:14:11 PM »

Have any of you seen "Expelled, no intelligence allowed" ? By Ben Stein ?

chuckt

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 11:26:03 AM »

surley God knew we would need oil, how did he prepare it for us  ;D

surley the wisdom of man is foolishness.

i look forward to what ray has to say about it.

chuckt

AK4

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 11:33:37 AM »

Sirach,

I forgot all about that movie!! Ive been wanting to see it.  Is it out on video yet?

Anthony

Linny

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 06:06:08 PM »

I saw that movie. We thought it was well done. It shows just how far man will go to keep their side of the story in the forefront. I am very interested in what Ray will teach about this as I have studied evolution in school and then Creationism as an adult.
Creation science is very interesting. I spent 3 days sitting in lectures with some of the most influencial Creationists. I was mezmerized.

From what I know so far, evolution believes that life was created out of death and they use circular dating procedures. They decided what lived when and now when they find a bone, etc., they look on the chart and tell us how old it is. The pictures still in science books of pre-man have all been "proven" to be false. Creation Science is man's attempt to use science to prove a Creator made it all. I am sure that all I have learned from them is not necessarily truth as well but they have done a great job at explaining away a lot of evolutionary stuff in my mind.

Again, having Ray teach what he has found in Scripture will be so interesting and I cannot wait.
Always willing to have my mind changed for the better.... ;D

Sirach

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 07:48:27 PM »

AK...i dont know. Here in Holland it wasnt in the theaters...sadly. I am looking foreward very much to this movie, so if any in the USA can buy and send me a copy if it is on dvd, then you make me very happy.

Offcourse i will pay for all expences

Linny...I have had a discussion with evolutionists and atheists wich lasted for over 18 months. I have read so many information about it that it made my head spin. In Ray's announcement i allready see that i supposedly was not correct....and becos i want to learn biblical thruths...im very curious to his teachings.

kind regards
Robin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.