bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matth 25: 31-46  (Read 4816 times)

Sirach

Matth 25: 31-46
« on: September 01, 2008, 10:37:10 AM »

Hi all,

I am sharing articles from BT with some of my friends, and i got the question on above mentioned scripture. I figure that this is not the first time this piece of scripture is talked about, so is their allready teaching on this part, of were this part is mentioned in a teaching ? I would be very greatfull for your help.

God bless you

Robin

hillsbororiver

Re: Matth 25: 31-46
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:51:23 AM »

Hi all,

I am sharing articles from BT with some of my friends, and i got the question on above mentioned scripture. I figure that this is not the first time this piece of scripture is talked about, so is their allready teaching on this part, of were this part is mentioned in a teaching ? I would be very greatfull for your help.

God bless you

Robin

Hi Robin,

I suspect the verse that stands out the most in the verses you referenced is this one;

King James Version

Mat 25:41  Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The Greek word is aionios which means pertaining to the age, age abiding, etc. Strongs has actually added to this word by including perpetual, eternal, everlasting, etc. The translations that have been directly translated from the Greek (rather than Latin) tend to have a better grasp and understanding of the author's intent.

Here are a couple examples;

Rotherhams Emphasized Bible

Matthew 25:41 Then will he say unto those also on his left hand: Depart from me you accursed one! Into the age abiding fire, which hath been prepared for the adversary and his messengers.

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;

Kind of gives this verse a little different perspective, especially when we apply the following to our understanding;

1Co 3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Ray has done an outstanding job in researching and explaining how this "eternal" business came about, the following is one of many articles that deal with the topic.

http://bible-truths.com/aeonion.htm

Peace,

Joe

Samson

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 01:07:27 PM »

Hi all,

God bless you

Robin

Hi Robin,

I suspect the verse that stands out the most in the verses you referenced is this one;

King James Version

Mat 25:41  Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The Greek word is aionios which means pertaining to the age, age abiding, etc. Strongs has actually added to this word by including perpetual, eternal, everlasting, etc. The translations that have been directly translated from the Greek (rather than Latin) tend to have a better grasp and understanding of the author's intent.

Here are a couple examples;

Rotherhams Emphasized Bible

Matthew 25:41 Then will he say unto those also on his left hand: Depart from me you accursed one! Into the age abiding fire, which hath been prepared for the adversary and his messengers.

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;

Kind of gives this verse a little different perspective, especially when we apply the following to our understanding;

1Co 3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Ray has done an outstanding job in researching and explaining how this "eternal" business came about, the following is one of many articles that deal with the topic.

http://bible-truths.com/aeonion.htm

Peace,

Joe

Hello Robin,

It seems that Joe answered most of this, one of the problems, due to the misunderstanding most people have pertaining to the Greek Words mentioned above and how their translated in most Bibles affects one's view of the TIME DISPOSITION in this type of passage. Most people take all of these passages to mean you must be saved within the confines of this lifetime or ELSE. Regarding Verse 41, the fire is Spiritual, just like the fire referring to THE LAKE OF FIRE mentioned in the Book of Revelation. How might one prove this, firstly you might reason that the Devil is not a Physical being, but Spiritual, so how could literal fire burn someone that can't feel physical pain. Only a physical body with it's senses can feel physical pain, secondly the fire is age-lasting(GK-Aionios) as mentioned above or pertaining to the Age. Also verse 46 should be rendered " And these will depart into Age-lasting Chastisement(GK-Kolasin, the pruning of the Luzurian Tree), but the righteous ones into Age-lasting Life. "  Interstingly enough, The New World Translation(JW Bible) renders verse 46 everlasting cutting off, but in the footnotes below they say Kolasin means literally lopping off or pruning. It you prune a literally tree, you get rid of the unhealthy branches and after your finished, the tree has the prospect being healthy. I've pruned many tree's in my life and enjoy doing so, then marvel at the restoration of that tree and how good it eventually looks. Pruning and burning(fire) the carnal garbage of the figurative heart(ones bad thoughts) will restore everyone, including the Devil, so God is All in All.

See: Ray's article IS EVERLASTING SCRIPTURAL at front page of Web-Site and his article in LAKE OF FIRE SERIES explaining what fire will do to purify and clean the carnal garbage and dross within everyone, beginning with the house of God.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Sirach

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 07:46:29 PM »

Thanks Joe and Samson, for your answers. I have read and understand the installment "is everlasting forever" and i also told one of my friends who brought this up about the translation problems with the word Aionios. I think it is impossible for people to let go of religion and start searching for God's thruths if God himself is not driving them to do so. What i allready have learned from this little conversation with that friend, is that i will never will take part in a discussion where is being tryed to undermine scripture with scripture.

I allready told him to read Ray's teachings, and if he has a problem with those teachings, that he can correct them with scripture....not with opinion, not with philosophies, not with what somebody sayd 300 years ago...but with the very word of God.

I dont know if he will start reading...i dont know if he, when he reads, will have his eyes opened....thats up to God.

Is this the best way to avoid endless discussions, or do you have other ways about it ?

kind regards
Robin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.