bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need help  (Read 10384 times)

gmik

Re: I need help
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 08:54:20 PM »

Any updates MG??  Just thinking about ya!

LittleBear

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 10:11:58 PM »

Me too MG.

My husband has just been through rehab and has not been using for over 3 months. I had gotten to the point of telling him I wanted to separate because I couldn't live with his addiction any longer. Strange how I had to get to that point of letting him go, and letting....whatever....happen. So far he's doing well and is in recovery, and we are slowly rebuilding our relationship.

But I know that place of helplessness and total craziness that you're going through, and my heart goes out to you.

Love,
ursula

firefly77

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 10:45:52 PM »

MG,
Reading your story, I can so very much empathize with you... I am not going to give you any advice or any scriptures. I know how it feels to be too weak to pray, to be in this fog that will not lift, to feel isolated in your spirit, to feel far removed from God's mercy and to feel like your prayers are not even penetrating the ceiling in your house. Sometimes all I could do is lay on the floor and weep, feeling like my heart was being ripped out and broken.
I don't know why some of us have to experience this kind of pain and despair; I don't have any answers. All I can offer to you is my heartfelt sympathy and my prayers for God's presence and peace that goes beyond understanding.
Grace & Peace to you,
Angie

Robin

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 11:41:02 PM »

Thanks for asking and thank you for your prayers.

I've gone through 15 years of great pain with my son's alcoholism and decided to break all contact with him 2 weeks ago. He is very dangerous when he drinks and I've accepted unacceptable behavior from him trying to save his life. I just can't do it any longer. He now has a newborn child and I may never get to see my new grandson. The pain is really deep right now and I pray that God's will be done in my son's life. I also pray that God protects my new little grandson. My son is so close to drinking himself to death. It's really heartbreaking to watch. My heart aches that I may never see him again. I would give my life if it could save him. I am not the savior though and I'm powerless to do anything.

We all have plans to move to the mountains at the end of January. We've also contacted Dr. Steger after hearing Ray talk about him. He is sending a questionnaire and then my daughter will have a phone consultation with him. Maybe there is something he can do to help with the migraines. We've tried a couple of alternative medicine clinics here without any luck.

I have seen so many miracles in my life that I know God can do anything if it's in his plan. I am trying to keep my mind set to accept anything that may happen.

I keep hearing Job say "The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised." I think of David mourning over his son Absalom. I just really wish Jesus would return today.

My prayers are with you and your husband ursula. I am surrounded by those who have been in recovery for years and they are wonderful people and wonderful friends. My son remained sober for a year and I'm praying he can do it again.

Love to all,
MG

James

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2008, 01:12:19 AM »

M.G., I've hung onto many things I needed to let go of and simply turn them over to God.  I've struggled, prayed, tried to solve problems myself, in my own strength.  I know it's easier to say than do, but please "let go", as scripture says, "casting all  your cares on Him because He cares for you".  Maybe you've "prayed" and struggled enough with it right now.  God's in control, He's big enough to bring all these things in your life to a good end.  He knows the end from the beginning, His will will be done, whether you struggle 24 hours a day with it or not...maybe His will right now is for you to release the white-knuckled grasp you have on these problems and let the God Who loves you, just love you and work all things according to His plans..."all things work together for good to those that love Him and are called according to His purpose"..."the end of the Lord is full of mercy"..."in our weakness, HE can be strong...Let it go, let Him have it...remember, He loves your children more than you ever could, and on top of that, HE"S GOD, and He can and will do what's best...

Why should I feel discouraged
why should the shadows fall
why should my heart grow weary
and long for heaven and home
When Jesus is my portion
a constant Friend is He
His eye is on the sparrow
and I know He watches me
His eye is on the sparrow
and I know He watches me

Father, right now, just touch M.G. with you HUGE hand of peace and love, let her feel Your warmth, compassion, and reassure her You will work all things good...that we only see a little bit, but You see from the beginning to the end.  In Jesus name, Amen.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 05:14:23 AM by James »

jenniferonline

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 03:41:59 AM »

Praying for you and your situation.  For me, regarding letting go, sometimes letting go means letting go everytime my mind strays on what ifs and what could bes and what I should have done or said.  I know that when I let go, it's never once, but usually 100 times over the course of a week or even a minute.   

I know my stubborness and need to control the situation is why I do not let go.  For me it's life or death, because if I don't let go long enough, I will end up drunk.  I've been letting go for almost 7 years!  Hang in there brother.  My family will be praying for you tomorrow.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.