bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello everyone, glad to be here!  (Read 4982 times)

legoman

Hello everyone, glad to be here!
« on: September 02, 2008, 06:16:05 PM »

Hi folks,

Just wanted to say hi.

I'm new to the forums, but I've been reading Ray's teachings for about the last 8 months.  On my 2nd reading of the lake of fire series.  The way I stumbled onto this site was so convoluted that it must have been God's will that I find it.  I almost didn't get into it, I used to be your typical Christian, believed in hell, secure in my faith.  Then I came across this site and started reading the Hagee letter - my first thought was what do you mean no hell?  What kind of new age junk is this?    Little did I know what was in store for me :)

I couldn't refute the verses Ray presents.  How come no one ever mentioned before eternal/forever doesn't really mean what it says.  Same for Hell/hades etc.  I was amazed.  I was shaken to the core.  So I just dived into everything, determined to learn as much as possible.

So now I've read throught the whole lake of fire series, which has given me a good base.  I've done more bible study in the last 8 months than I've done in my whole life.  There's so much to read on here - been reading Ray's other audio transcripts, and trying to get through the LoF series for the 2nd time.  The first reading I missed so many concepts - it was hard to unlearn what I had been taught my whole life.

Anyway glad to be here and hope to learn more.

Cheers,
Legoman

OBrenda

Re: Hello everyone, glad to be here!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 06:24:49 PM »

Welcome Legoman!

Happy to have you here,
Brenda
 ;D

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 08:06:57 PM »

Welcome, Legoman.  The letters to Hagee were where I got started too and I can very much relate to your 'way in'.  Looking forward to fellowship with you. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

gmik

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 09:09:57 PM »

:D :D  Boy, Legoman, your story is very similar to mine (and many others).  God Bless You and enjoy this place!!  (I want to re read LOF again,I know I have missed so many good points!)

iris

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:16:40 PM »

Hi Legoman,

Welcome to the forum!

Glad your here.

Iris

Heidi

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 08:38:49 AM »

Hi Legoman and welcome.  I have read your other posts and can tell that you have a real desire to know Gods truth.  This forum is such a blessing, to be able to discuss and read what likeminded people have to say about their experience since coming to the truth is priceless.

Heidi

Samson

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 11:48:49 AM »

Hi folks,

Just wanted to say hi.

I'm new to the forums, but I've been reading Ray's teachings for about the last 8 months.  On my 2nd reading of the lake of fire series.  The way I stumbled onto this site was so convoluted that it must have been God's will that I find it.  I almost didn't get into it, I used to be your typical Christian, believed in hell, secure in my faith.  Then I came across this site and started reading the Hagee letter - my first thought was what do you mean no hell?  What kind of new age junk is this?    Little did I know what was in store for me :)

I couldn't refute the verses Ray presents.  How come no one ever mentioned before eternal/forever doesn't really mean what it says.  Same for Hell/hades etc.  I was amazed.  I was shaken to the core.  So I just dived into everything, determined to learn as much as possible.

So now I've read throught the whole lake of fire series, which has given me a good base.  I've done more bible study in the last 8 months than I've done in my whole life.  There's so much to read on here - been reading Ray's other audio transcripts, and trying to get through the LoF series for the 2nd time.  The first reading I missed so many concepts - it was hard to unlearn what I had been taught my whole life.

Anyway glad to be here and hope to learn more.

Cheers,
Legoman

Hello Legoman,

I liked your point regarding no one mentioning to you about what the Greek Words really mean for Hell, Forever, Eternal, etc. When it comes to the Noun Aion and it's adjective Aionios, Theologians play this little Etymology of the word game, they will say that additional meanings of the word Aionios have developed since the second century C.E. They will point out that words eventually change in meaning over time. As an example, the word Gay forty or fifty years ago meant happy, giddy, joyfull, but now refers to a Homosexual. This is fine and good, but when it comes to Scripture, it's a different matter because it's God's word and it's original meaning should be the proper understanding, not something after the Bible was Canonized.

Kind Regards, Samson.

frecklegirl417

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 12:45:22 PM »

;D   Hello, Legoman!!!

Welcome to the family!!! I enjoy reading and listening to Ray's audio's also. I read them and listen to them alot. I also learn alot from the good people here on the forum. We have become one big happy family in a weird sense of the word.  ;D ;D  Just keeping reading and studying and you will see life in a whole new way.

With God's love and understanding,
                                                                        Frecklegirl

Richard D

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 07:17:40 PM »

Hello Legoman, I’ new here as well and can relate to everything you were saying and I only came across Rays papers one month ago. It’s wonderfully awesome to have the truth after all these years. God Bless you friend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.