bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sheep??  (Read 4456 times)

Linny

Sheep??
« on: September 02, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »

I found something today that I thought you all would appreciate.
My daughter's Bible lesson today really made me smile.  :D

She is doing a study on the names of God. We are using a Precepts kids book. I obtained my love for interpreting Scripture using Scripture and for really dissecting the Word from Precepts. So although I have major disagreements now with some of their information, I have found the kids stuff not to be too bad. When we come to things we disagree with, it gives us another lesson!  ;)

Anyway, today she was learning the name of God used in the 23rd Psalm, Jehovah Raah. The LORD is my shepherd.
They talked about how throughout the Bible, we are referred to as sheep. Here is the info they gave about sheep. See if it brings a smile to your face...

"Sheep are the dumbest of animals. They are helpless and get scared very easily. They have very little self-defense and will walk right into danger. They won't even try to run to safety. Instead, they will freeze and not even cry out. Sheep also do what all the other sheep are doing. If one gets scared and runs, the others will, too!

Sheep are very stubborn animals. They need a shepherd to guide them. If they are left on their own, they will go the wrong way, eat the wrong food, and drink the wrong water. If a shepherd doesn't lead them to new pastures, they will live in a rut. Sheep will even eat themselves right off a cliff. They will plunge over the edge to injury or death just to get that last mouthful of grass.

Sheep can become cast down. They can get turned over and stuck on their backs and die in a state of panic if the shepherd doesn't turn them right side up right away.

Sheep are bothered by pests. They get flies and gnats up their nose, and these pests lay eggs in there. When the eggs hatch, the growing larvae irritate the sheep's nose. Sheep will beat their heads against trees or rocks to try to get these pests to stop bothering them. The shepherd puts oil on the sheep's head and around its nose to kill theses pests."
  From Phillip Keller's book A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23.

As you can see, the analogies in this are almost endless! I plan to copy this and study it some more, line by line. How much we must be loved for God to put up with us!

Many blessings,
Lin

AK4

Re: Sheep??
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 09:32:20 PM »

Nice :) :) :) :)

gmik

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 09:42:54 PM »

Really cool!

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 11:24:28 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D  Cute...

I think the Shepard should get a big Pay Raise for puttin up with that!

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 02:47:29 AM »

i know i have beat my head against trees and rocks more than once in my life.
claudia

WhoAmI

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 03:12:54 AM »

I can see how that can relate to mankind.

Bahhhaaaa  :P

musicman

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 10:55:06 AM »

How did these animals ever survive prior to domestication?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.