bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Reason behind the name  (Read 10837 times)

AK4

Reason behind the name
« on: September 02, 2008, 09:49:34 PM »

Whats your reason behind the name you chose for this forum.  I look at a lot of you guys and gals name and wonder why you chose that-- especially if its way off from the real name you post at the bottom of your posts.

Well for me AK4.  It me and my kids initials.

Anthony T. K.-- 30yrs
Anthony K. K. --8yrs
Aariyah K.--5yrs
Anthony A. K.

AK4

EKnight

Re: Reason behind the name
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 10:10:38 PM »

You have two children named Anthony?

Eileen

AK4

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:13:56 PM »

Yeah but we call them by their middle names. 

AK4

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 10:15:05 PM »

Oops and my last son (Anthony) he is 7 months old

Samson

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 10:48:36 PM »

My name,

The reason I chose Samson is because he's my favorite Old Testament Bible Person, he's the strongest man that ever lived and he had problems with Woman and they brought him to his knees, so to speak, so with all that great physical strength, a woman's weeping and nagging(Delilah) broke him down, Spiritually speaking, causing him to disobey God and sorta wimp out(Judges. 14-16). The Freckle Girl knows my weaknesses, but doesn't exploit them, so at least this time around, I get some relief;  ;D ;D ;D.

Physical Strength is impressive to me, but I pray to God for more Spiritual strength in the days to come.

Kind Regards, Samson(Brad)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 11:26:48 PM »

I was little, i was italian, and i was 16 when i joined these forums. Hence the name;

lilitalienboi16 :)

God bless,

Alex

AK4

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 11:59:53 PM »

Joe, hillsbororiver, where are you at?

I know there has to be an interesting story behind that name.

I was little, i was italian, and i was 16 when i joined these forums. Hence the name;

Ha i like that.  Lets see--- i am a "A" with 3 kids plus me (1), with a "K" (same as before), 4 "A"'s 4 "K"'s, hey what do you know AK4

Kent

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 09:42:57 AM »

I chose mine, because that's my name. Pretty creative, huh?
 ;)

frecklegirl417

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 01:36:04 PM »

To All;

The reason behind my name isn't really creative but cute. Samson gave me that name has a loving name. He told me he always wanted to have a "girlfriend" with red hair and freckles. Well, I have reddish-brown hair and have lots of freckles. So, one day he said I am finally happy I got my wish,a girl with red hair and freckles. I got my "Frecklegirl"!  So, the name stuck!! I know corny but it works!!!! Know for the 417, its mine and Samson's wedding date. Believe, me it is harder for me to remember the date then him. ;) ;D

Pam

AK4

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 02:55:03 PM »

He told me he always wanted to have a "girlfriend" with red hair and freckles. Well, I have reddish-brown hair and have lots of freckles. So, one day he said I am finally happy I got my wish,a girl with red hair and freckles.

Isn't that how the Wendys restaurant girl looks?   :)  Except she has pigtails.

OBrenda

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 03:09:55 PM »

Lets See if anybody can guess mine? :P

Alex...yours always made me think of an elvish charter from the LOTR trilogy.  Especially with your avatar!
But I don't see it come up anymore?

From what I hear from Samson,..."Hamburger Wendy" doesn't hold a candle to the Beautiful Blue-Eyed Freckle Girl! ;)

Eileen, you didn't mention why you picked your name ;D Glad you asked Anthony, cuz I was wondering the same thing?  ;)

Kent can't guess, he's just as creative as I am! ;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 03:11:55 PM by OBrenda »

AK4

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 04:02:03 PM »

You have two children named Anthony?

Eileen

I would go for the George Foreman thing, you know he got like seven kids all named George Foreman--even his daughter is named that, but i just cant do it.  Besides 3 three kids is enough!!! ;D

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 06:12:28 PM »

Alex...yours always made me think of an elvish charter from the LOTR trilogy.  Especially with your avatar!

From what I hear from Samson,..."Hamburger Wendy" doesn't hold a candle to the Beautiful Blue-Eyed Freckle Girl! ;)

Eileen, you didn't mention why you picked your name ;D Glad you asked Anthony, cuz I was wondering the same thing?  ;)

An elvish charter? lol, what's that? I'm flattered though cuz i LOVE LOTR :D

Thx for the notice, i fixed my avatar now =]]

God bless,

Alex

OBrenda

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 09:53:30 PM »

An elvish charter? lol, what's that? I'm flattered though cuz i LOVE LOTR :D

Thx for the notice, i fixed my avatar now =]]

God bless,

Alex

Oops.. :-\  ..Spelled that wrong elvish character....Like.... "Legolas" or Galadriel's Husband "Celeborn"    ;D

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 11:19:49 PM »

There ya go...that's what I should have chosen as my nick--Galadriel's Husband Celeborn.  Except I'm not married...and certainly not to Kate Blanchett.  Or is it Winslett?  I'm terrible with names. 

Hey, there's another good nick--Terrible With Names.

Legolas would have worked too, considering my 36" inseam.  LEGolas...get it??  I kill me!

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

OBrenda

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 12:40:48 AM »

LOL at Dave.... ;)

LOTR Elvish Characters...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=GHiMAJdkqhY&feature=related

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 01:22:01 AM »

ROFL @ dave.

Haha sweet thx brenda! I loved that video, LOTR is such a great trilogy, to bad the writer died before he could truly finish the thing. What a shame, i'm sure it could have been much greater of an epic tail.

Yey, legolas !! Wait.. whose celeborn? Which elf is that?

OBrenda

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 10:14:29 AM »

ROFL @ dave.

Haha sweet thx brenda! I loved that video, LOTR is such a great trilogy, to bad the writer died before he could truly finish the thing. What a shame, i'm sure it could have been much greater of an epic tail.

Yey, legolas !! Wait.. whose celeborn? Which elf is that?

Yes...JRR Tolkien Son finished his writtings of the "Silmarillion" but not quite the same flair for story telling,  He was a believer...If you pay attention you see some Spirtual truths taught in his stories!  He was from England and fought in two World Wars, keep in mind our warfare is Spiritual (fighting the orcs & Sauron) not physical.  [love your enemies..Gollum]

Celeborn is Galadriel's Husband, and they are Arwen's (Great) Grandparents!

Haldir is the Hero Elf that dies at Helms deep fighting the orcs... :'(

;D

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=9k1vYSMigEs
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 11:17:16 AM by OBrenda »

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 09:12:29 AM »

Akira - A movie made in 1988 Animated Japanese Manga
Akira was a young boy who developed transcendent psionic, nearly god- like abilities when serving as a test subject for secret government ESP experiments in the 1980s. He subsequently lost control of this power and annihilated Tokyo in 1988. After the cataclysmic event, Akira's dead body was recovered and subjected to every test known to modern science, which proved unable to solve the mystery. His remains were placed within a cryogenic chamber underneath the Neo-Tokyo Olympic Stadium, to be entrusted to the study of future generations.

329- My fraternity roster number for my chapter, Gamma Zeta of Theta Chi
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

OBrenda

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 09:15:53 AM »

Is your avaitar picture from the movie Akira?
 ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.