bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 3616 times)

SandyFla

Prayer Request
« on: May 19, 2006, 02:29:00 PM »

I own a condo but have been living with my parents in their mobile home, as they are elderly. I've been planning for us both to sell our homes, and I'd hoped to buy a 2-bedroom condo and have them live with me.

Yesterday I got a note in the mail saying the county is buying the condo buildings via "eminent domain," and they will pay me about 70% of what I'd hoped to sell it for. Now I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford a 2-bedroom condo--at least in this area.

I know that whatever God has in mind for us will be good, as in Romans 8:28. I also was wondering how much I would've gotten free and clear had I sold it after paying all the fees, so I've changed from being a pessimist to an optimist!

Please pray that God will help me to know what to do, whether it's to move away or if He has someplace for us to live here. If we move out of town, I will also need to find a job.

Sandy

Becky

Prayer Request
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 02:49:01 PM »

I am praying for you that God gives you strength through this frustration and uncertainty!

gmik

prayer request
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 03:37:40 PM »

Sandy, I will be praying for you.  My son is moving to Tampa next month so everytime I think of either of you I will pray for both!

SandyFla

Prayer Request
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 02:29:41 PM »

UPDATE!!!

I called about the letter I received, and the county is NOT taking my condo after all!   :D  WOOHOO!!!  They are taking some land from the front only. So neither I, nor anyone else, is losing their home.

However, before this happened, I was planning to sell (I panicked when I thought I would get only a few thousand dollars from the eminent domain thing).

Housing prices are sky high in this area, so I've been feeling drawn toward the Houston, Texas, area. I have at least several months to pray about it. It will be big step, as I will be taking my elderly parents with me.

I would still appreciate it if you would keep us all in your prayers.

Thank you and God bless,
Sandy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 17 queries.