bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What exactly is wrong with teaching?  (Read 10264 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: What exactly is wrong with teaching?
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 11:24:16 PM »

Some good and Interesting Responses,

After reading all of the responses; I'm inclined to say that BALANCE is the key in all of this, sometimes that's difficult to do. I guess it would depend on how far you proceed when explaining to people about some of these Truths, too much information all at once might be too overwhelming. Once again, if God isn't ready for individuals to see these truths and receive Spiritual sight, then they won't, no matter how thorough and respectfully your explanation happens to be.

Since joining this Site, I've experienced some opportunities to explain about Age-Lasting(Aionios); Chastisement(Kolasin); Lost or Destroyed(Apollemi); Fire being Spiritual with related Scriptures to prove this, Free Will being a Myth or Oxymoron and many of the basic information being taught here. This entailed full explanation to these individuals and they apparently, at least at this time didn't grasp it. I had one guy who said, I don't speak Greek, it didn't seem to matter to him that the Older versions of The King James Bible had many flaws and that the only way to set matters straight was to know what the original meanings of these words are. The guy I'm referring to knows many Scriptures and is good at quoting them. This experience took place many months ago and since then, I've cooled down my conversation with him on Bible topics and he's a good guy in general. He stubbornly clings to an out of date translation, he even quit a Denomination that he was a member of for ten years, because they switched from using the King James to the New International Version. Ray is thoroughly equipped at using the Older Versions of The King James Bible, I'm not, I never used it for study in my life, too many Thee's, Thou's, Shalt's and Suffer the little children for my tastes. I have the New King James, it's okay, it's revised to show many of the Spurious Scriptures. I had a recent discussion with him explaining about God creating Evil and that we are not a finished product, God creating Man in his image and not already a finished created product. He seemed to agree with some of this. He said he never read in the Bible that God created Evil and I told him to read Isaiah. 45:7, telling him that it would probably say Calamity, but the Hebrew word Ra is translated Evil and that their was another Hebrew word for Calamity.This was a month ago and he hasn't responded to me yet and I'm not going to bring it up. I planted the seed with this guy, God will do the rest.

I've had approximately conversations with approximately 8-10 people since joining the Forum and only one person, a Pastor who plays tennis where I play was excited, loved hearing what I had to say and couldn't get enough of it, he was supposed to leave to go somewhere and ended up staying in that Tennis parking lot for 45 minutes, because he loved what he was hearing. I didn't have the Bible with me, no literature, but only my memory of Ray's Talks and writings at my disposal. My point in this example is that if God's Spirit is leading and controlling a conversation about these Truths, it will proceed from your mouth with confidence and ease and you will feel relaxed inside with no back and forth debating involved. This man named Bruce(The Pastor) is a very calm and humble type of man, not your typical Pastor of Christendom.

Like Kat & Barbara mentioned, it will be Christ Spirit in you doing the teaching and my experience with Bruce(The tennis playing Pastor) is the only one like that. Just like those that join the Site, the called out, this is a rare experience, but if it's right, you will leave that Discussion with a calmness in your Heart and that's coming from a man with a Type A personality;  ;D

Kind Regards, Samson.

P.S. Just on a funny note, I used Spell check and the computer wanted me to change Age-lasting to Everlasting, even the computer doesn't have the Truth; ;D ;D ;D
= = = =

Forum Members from Bob,
All have contributed comments of value and I appreciate the sharing of these thoughts.
I think though the words that got my attention the most came from Samson.  This is God's work and when you meet someone that God is working on the results will be as Samson relates to us in the following quoted sentence.

"My point in this example is that if God's Spirit is leading and controlling a conversation about these Truths, it will proceed from your mouth with confidence and ease and you will feel relaxed inside with no back and forth debating involved."

Thank you Samson for the great illustration of God's spirit working in the called and chosen.
Indiana Bob

aqrinc

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 04:23:34 PM »

It is interesting what Nuggets one finds when mining on the forum. So true what Samson stated below:

"My point in this example is that if God's Spirit is leading and controlling a conversation about these Truths, it will proceed from your mouth with confidence and ease and you will feel relaxed inside with no back and forth debating involved."

Surely this deserves a bump to the top.

george. :o ;D

Some good and Interesting Responses,

After reading all of the responses; I'm inclined to say that BALANCE is the key in all of this, sometimes that's difficult to do. I guess it would depend on how far you proceed when explaining to people about some of these Truths, too much information all at once might be too overwhelming. Once again, if God isn't ready for individuals to see these truths and receive Spiritual sight, then they won't, no matter how thorough and respectfully your explanation happens to be.

Since joining this Site, I've experienced some opportunities to explain about Age-Lasting(Aionios); Chastisement(Kolasin); Lost or Destroyed(Apollemi); Fire being Spiritual with related Scriptures to prove this, Free Will being a Myth or Oxymoron and many of the basic information being taught here. This entailed full explanation to these individuals and they apparently, at least at this time didn't grasp it. I had one guy who said, I don't speak Greek, it didn't seem to matter to him that the Older versions of The King James Bible had many flaws and that the only way to set matters straight was to know what the original meanings of these words are. The guy I'm referring to knows many Scriptures and is good at quoting them. This experience took place many months ago and since then, I've cooled down my conversation with him on Bible topics and he's a good guy in general. He stubbornly clings to an out of date translation, he even quit a Denomination that he was a member of for ten years, because they switched from using the King James to the New International Version. Ray is thoroughly equipped at using the Older Versions of The King James Bible, I'm not, I never used it for study in my life, too many Thee's, Thou's, Shalt's and Suffer the little children for my tastes. I have the New King James, it's okay, it's revised to show many of the Spurious Scriptures. I had a recent discussion with him explaining about God creating Evil and that we are not a finished product, God creating Man in his image and not already a finished created product. He seemed to agree with some of this. He said he never read in the Bible that God created Evil and I told him to read Isaiah. 45:7, telling him that it would probably say Calamity, but the Hebrew word Ra is translated Evil and that their was another Hebrew word for Calamity.This was a month ago and he hasn't responded to me yet and I'm not going to bring it up. I planted the seed with this guy, God will do the rest.

I've had approximately conversations with approximately 8-10 people since joining the Forum and only one person, a Pastor who plays tennis where I play was excited, loved hearing what I had to say and couldn't get enough of it, he was supposed to leave to go somewhere and ended up staying in that Tennis parking lot for 45 minutes, because he loved what he was hearing. I didn't have the Bible with me, no literature, but only my memory of Ray's Talks and writings at my disposal. My point in this example is that if God's Spirit is leading and controlling a conversation about these Truths, it will proceed from your mouth with confidence and ease and you will feel relaxed inside with no back and forth debating involved. This man named Bruce(The Pastor) is a very calm and humble type of man, not your typical Pastor of Christendom.

Like Kat & Barbara mentioned, it will be Christ Spirit in you doing the teaching and my experience with Bruce(The tennis playing Pastor) is the only one like that. Just like those that join the Site, the called out, this is a rare experience, but if it's right, you will leave that Discussion with a calmness in your Heart and that's coming from a man with a Type A personality;  ;D

Kind Regards, Samson.

P.S. Just on a funny note, I used Spell check and the computer wanted me to change Age-lasting to Everlasting, even the computer doesn't have the Truth; ;D ;D ;D
= = = =

Forum Members from Bob,
All have contributed comments of value and I appreciate the sharing of these thoughts.
I think though the words that got my attention the most came from Samson.  This is God's work and when you meet someone that God is working on the results will be as Samson relates to us in the following quoted sentence.

Thank you Samson for the great illustration of God's spirit working in the called and chosen.
Indiana Bob

winner08

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 10:32:59 PM »

This is great. I was going to ask about this same subject (teaching ) I totally agree with you Kent. I sometimes go to other sites and have conversations with other about certain matter that concern God and thing of that nature. I personally find it a learning experience. Let me explain. When I am ask a question about a certain subject lets say the hell fable for instance I will search very hard to find scripture to back my beliefs up and I  really mean it take me a very long time to find the correct scriptures to show the other person the truth. In doing so I come across things that I might not have caught the last time I read a certain scripture. I have learned so much from doing this. I use all the emails that has been sent to Ray I can find just about any ansewer to any question by going to the old emails people have mailed to Ray. Any question concerning the Lords word. I just learn so much in doing this. It does however take a long time for me. But as I said I agree with you teaching like Ray does is not my goal but to just ansewer a question is OK. I just want to make sure I am not teaching or preaching, just answering..

Pini56

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 06:56:05 AM »

Kent,

I would just like to add this:

1Ti 4:10  For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
1Ti 4:11  These things command and teach.
1Ti 4:12  Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

With Love Geoff.

WhoAmI

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 04:16:58 PM »

I rather just share. I'm still in class and I still don't do well with a lot of the pop quizes God throws at me.

:D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.