bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Absolutely stuck  (Read 6475 times)

AK4

Absolutely stuck
« on: September 04, 2008, 07:18:07 PM »

Hi all,

I am absolutely stuck.  I cant figure out scripturally why satan is loosed after the 1000 years are finished.

Rev 20:7-15
7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth--Gog and Magog--to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

I have my own thoughts but nothing that is concrete with scripture.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

hillsbororiver

Re: Absolutely stuck
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 09:27:33 PM »

Hi all,

I am absolutely stuck.  I cant figure out scripturally why satan is loosed after the 1000 years are finished.

Hi Anthony,

Perhaps for the same reason the serpent was placed in the original Garden of Eden.  ;)

Peace,

Joe

AK4

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 10:48:06 PM »

Thats pretty much what i am coming up with to Joe.  Scripturally (if im on the right track) this is where i get stuck--

Only to be deceived once more by satan, and God will put His judgements in the world, so all who didnt rise to life in the first resurrection, will learn righteousness.

Isa 26:9 -My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.

Thats all i can come up with so far

In Jesus,

Anthony

legoman

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 11:24:42 PM »

Does Ray cover this in one of his papers somewhere?

Kevin

AK4

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 11:52:09 PM »

i dont think so. I think in one of his emails or something he says he doesnt understand it yet.  Something where he said he was trying to figure out about the resurrection.  then about the spurious Rev 20:5 part (The rest of the dead didnt come back to life until the 1000 yrs was finished).  Actually that was one of his papers--I think it was the one on How we got the Bible.

I dont know. Im just stuck right there.  Actually when trying to study this i came across a verse in Psalms that was pretty interesting about satan.  I'll start a new thread on it to see what you guys think.

David

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 03:27:06 AM »

In order to understand these verses, you need to understand what all the spiritual meanings of words such as prison, the nations, the earth, Gog and Magog, what the 1000 years means, Gods fire from heaven etc. I'm not sure if Ray has covered in specific detail what these actual verses mean.
Given that I'm not sure where or even if Ray has covered this stuff, care needs to be taken not to get into "teaching".  In Revelation 1:1 we're told that the book is signified. It means the whole book is in "signified" language, symbolic, another parable and probably the most spiritually complex of the whole Bible.
I know this doesn't really answer your question in any specific detail, but as I said if Ray hasn't covered it anywhere in his papers, thats about as specific as we can be without "teaching".   

Falconn003

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 11:07:05 AM »

Ray has covered it in emails ,,, and there have been several other threads on this same topic.

Try searching the forum, and the emails ,, and see what you come up with.

Nevertheless this  topic has been trodded too many atimes already :)

Rodger

Jody Edwards

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 11:38:53 AM »

I have an idea why Satan is loosed after the 1000 years.  I can't give you any specific scriptures to support my view so understand that it is just my educated opinion and nothing more.  Here it is:
Satan is used by God to test man and to help grind man's will to powder.  Look at how God used Satan to test and change Job.  Job is representative of God's elect and Satan is used by God to "grind him to powder" so to speak.  God uses Satan to bring about good.  It's a ugly process but the end results are perfect.  Have you ever asked yourself why no one will be made into God's elect during the 1000 year reign of Christ?  Christ's church has been formed at the start of His reign - it is complete.  During the 1000 year reign, Christ will not be adding to His church - no one will be matured into a elect person during that whole 1000 year reign.  And that is why I believe that Satan is bound during that age - his services are not needed by God at that time.  But Satan is loosed again and casted into the lake of fire where his services are used again to bring all remaining people to salvation. 
This is just my opinion but I do think it helps explain why Satan is bound for the 1000 years and then let loose in the lake of fire.  If anyone one else has any opinion on this subject or better yet, some scripture, I would love to hear it.
Jody Edwards     

Falconn003

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 05:43:41 PM »

IMHO i think satan is let losed because he made BAIL ... ;D

Rodger

AK4

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 08:40:54 PM »

LOL
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.