bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: what does this means  (Read 10981 times)

winner08

Re: what does this means
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 06:32:46 AM »

Cool Jeff: to answer you question it is yes I was told that yesterday when I was telling  somebody where to find proof that ALL will be saved.  After quoting scripture to him he still had a problem with me. I don't quote scripture but I did, and thanks to the people here for all your help on that matter.

Darren

joyful1

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 12:44:12 AM »

Question: "God helps those who help themselves - is it in the Bible?"

Answer: "God helps those who help themselves" is probably the most often quoted phrase that is not found in the Bible. This is actually a quote from Ben Franklin and it appeared in Poor Richard's Almanac in 1757. In fact the Bible teaches the opposite. God helps the helpless! Isaiah 25:4 declares, "For You have been a defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat..." Romans 5:6 tells us, "For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly."

Just thought I'd pass that on....
Joyce :)

winner08

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 06:30:11 AM »

Joy, speaking of ungodly I just had a person tell me that all the people who did not bleieve in Christ and the UNGODLY would go to hell. I asked politely to give me ungodly in a scripture. I had yet to hear from her.
Darren.

joyful1

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 11:22:43 PM »

??? well.....
I know that you and I are on the same page theologically...
but....
here's a good one....

Jude 1:15
To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him

;D I probably misread your intention....
Joyce :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.