bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello everyone and God Bless all, I could used some help I'm new.  (Read 4639 times)

Richard D

Hello everyone and God Bless all, I could used some help I'm new.
« on: September 09, 2008, 05:11:25 AM »

Hello everyone and God bless you all. My name is Richard and I was born and raised in the Roman Catholic religion.  I had gone on to other Religious denomination seeking understanding but had always remained being the same person I’ve always been.

It’s was difficult for me to cling to God knowing I have sin in my life. It seemed the more I tried to do away with sin the more I became involved and gone even deeper into sin.

In time I had thought of the many different Religions mankind had and the vast difference in them mixed with evolution I thought perhaps it’s all just a nasty hoax played on all people from long ago.

After leaving the faith I had this underlying fear of eternal damnation of hell because there might just be a God and surly I’ve been warned by all religious leaders and all the different denominations I had attended.

About one month ago I simply ask God to just plainly show me the truth as something inwardly told me there just has to be a God. It was at that time I come across Bible truth .com and click on Ray Smiths (lake of fire series)

I had started to read the writings of Ray Smith and just started thanking Jesus because I knew God had lead me to his truth through Ray who I believe is Spirit lead.

After I had finished reading about free will it totally blew me away. Now I have a question I would like to receive help with. I believe I have a will but not free will and I have been predestine like all from before the world was created.

How do I apply this scripture to my life with Jesus (  James 4:7  Therefore submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. )   

I’m trying to understand that I do what I do until God says I no longer do whatever I’m doing but applying  James 4;7 to my life. Thank you. And  God Bless you all again.   :)

winner08

Re: Hello everyone and God Bless all, I could used some help I'm new.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 05:37:34 AM »

WELCOME! Richard D. welcome to the real and true good news of Jesus Christ. Now when I hear the phrase The Good News I know what it means and you will also. My name is Darren and I have been with the site for about 5or6 mos. I was also blown away after reading Rays papers. I am sorry I am not the one to give you advice on your situation but there are some here that will be more than glade to help you. I just wanted to introduce myself and say welcome. we will be talking.

Darren

Samson

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 09:54:53 AM »

Good Morning Richard,

Glad you have joined us and welcome aboard, enjoyed your introduction and it has a familiar ring to it. As Ray has mentioned, we learn and receive THE LIE, the teachings presented by Denominations of Christendom(Free Will, The Trinity, Eternal Hell fire, Separation or Annihilation;etc.) and that Jesus really isn't the Savior of the World(See 1 John. 3:14) and God doesn't really Love us (See 1John. 4:8) and that Love does fail in Gods Case(See 1 Corinthians. 13:8). After awhile we notice, when God opens our Spiritual eyes, that there's a contradiction with these things and wonder how could a God thats Love punish his Children forever based on the Sins committed in such a short lifetime, that would reduce the intensity of his Love to Lower than any Human when applying punishment for crimes committed. You mentioned a concern for the Sins you've commited in your life. Remember All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God(Romans. 3:23) and the word Sin is translated from the Greek word Hamartia and literally means: " missing the Mark " and is simply a mistake. Ray mentions that their is a difference between being consumed by Sin contrasted with committing A Sin, see 1 John(Within that Letter).

It's good that you read the Free Will Series, first, because that falsehood leads to other errors, like the ones expressed above. Example: The Free Will advocates will tell you that God is Love, but only in context, based on whether or not a person accepts Gods Love utilizing their so called " Free Will. "  Unlike so many people you have met in your life whose Love is conditional, Gods Love is not conditional. He Wills or desires " that NONE PERISH " AND DESIRES ALL ATTAIN TO REPENTANCE " 2Peter. 3:9

In reference to James. 4:7, Pray to God to remove your Carnal Desires, Pray to God to resist the Machinations of the Devil and Remember that the Devil is only doing what he was Created to do, mislead you, continue to Read and meditate on Rays written Transcripts, his Audios and meditate on these things and most importantly, LEAVE EVERYTHING IN GODS HANDS, HE HAS AND WILL TAKE CARE OF THE DEVIL AND EVENTUALLY SAVE HIM, SO GOD IS ALL IN ALL.

Let God take care of everything, afterall, his Spirit led you to Bible-Truths and only He can remove your Carnal Desires. Ray says that God is responsible for everything, but we are accountable. As a suggestion, you read the Free Will Series from the Front page of this Site, Now listen to the Audio on Free Will, it's in two parts.

Glad you are here and looking forward to your fellowship and participation in the days to come and my apologies, if I said too much. Had just got up and was drinking coffee when viewing your introduction and the desire to respond.

Kind Regards, Samson.

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 10:45:11 AM »

Hey Richard,

Glad to have you with us ;D

Welcome,
Brenda

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 10:48:32 AM »

Hi Richard,

I too came through the Catholic church, by birth not by choice and searched other denominations without ever feeling like I really belonged in any of them. For years I believed that it was all due to my wretched spiritual condition, I had no hope there.

Once I "stumbled" onto Bible Truths I realized I was half right all along, I was in a miserable, wretched spiritual condition but the churches did not have the remedy or any answers that spoke to my spirit, all that changed once I was given the opportunity to hear the real Good News.

Welcome,

Joe  

iris

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 11:59:32 AM »

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum!

Iris

Kat

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 02:30:40 PM »

Hi Richard,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)

How do I apply this scripture to my life with Jesus (  James 4:7  Therefore submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. )   

I’m trying to understand that I do what I do until God says I no longer do whatever I’m doing but applying  James 4;7 to my life.

Well as the saying goes 'just do it.'  As you said, "I have been predestine like all from before the world was created," but you still have to DO IT - submit and resist.  You are already on your way as your eyes have been opened, now continue to study and search to gain a depth of understanding.  The indwelling of the Holy Spirit will guide you, so listen to it's prompting.  I think it is our continuing to ignore the voice of the Spirit within that "quenches" it (1 Thess. 5:19).

I hope you will join in the fellowship here, it is good to be among like minded people and we can learn so much from one another.

Here are a few links that you may find useful.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

child boards for;
Inspirationals, Writings, Poems, Etc.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,15.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Linny

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 03:10:50 PM »

Welcome Richard!
I was born and raised in the Disciples of Christ church where we played with Ouija boards in youth group. :o Left that mess to get involved in a non-denominational mega church of psychobabble for about 15 yrs. Then we spent the last 6 years in 2 Word of Faith churches giving our money away so we could get blessed.  :-\
We are SO happy to be out of all that and into the truth.

May you be blessed here in our fellowship and continue to grow in your walk with the Lord. This new information is so exciting to learn.  ;D

God is so good!

Blessings to you,
Lin

Phil3:10

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 04:43:12 PM »

Richard,
Welcome to the truth. Just keep reading Ray's teachings and you will be guided by the HOLY SPIRIT to the truths our GOD knows you need and can handle at the time. HIS peace that passeth all understanding will be HIS greatest gift in this fleshly body.
Phil3:10
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.