bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you all understand this, or am I just crazy?  (Read 5000 times)

orion77

Can you all understand this, or am I just crazy?
« on: May 20, 2006, 02:04:21 AM »

(Joh 8:42)  Then Jesus said to them, If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I went forth and have come from God. For I have not come from Myself, but that One sent Me.

(Joh 8:43)  Why do you not know My speech? It is because you are not able to hear My Word.

(Joh 8:44)  You are of the Devil as father, and the lusts of your father you desire to do. That one was a murderer from the beginning, and he has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own, because he is a liar, and the father of it.

Jesus was always angry at the religious people of His time.  It seems interesting why He called them of their father the devil.  And the devil was a liar and a murderer from the beginning.  What's the importance of calling them liars and murderers in the same breath?

What this teaches me is, the worldly religious, who are still carnally minded are still being fed upon by the devil.  The worldly religious with a carnal mind have always falsely accused Gods name and character.  False accusations, when brought down to the brass tacks, are even worse than just plainly killing someone.  

When one is the brunt of false accusations, his name has been murdered, even though he still lives.  As we all know most love to believe the negative, hence it easily takes roots and like a weed is hard to pull out of the ground.

Just look through the history and see all the many terrible things that have been done in the name of God.  These liars and murderers have caused the hearts of many to wax cold.  

From reading the bible, from genesis to revelation, God, His prophets, Jesus, the apostles and the elect, have all had to endure these things.  While in this world, there is no escaping the hatred of the carnally minded.  This is something we must endure.

The lesson learned...God is full of mercy, forgiveness and love and by going through these things, teaches us to be that way.  We see from first hand experience, the proper way to treat our brethren and sisters.

We all know from where we were, to where we are now that these sufferings have brought us closer to God and each other.

I thank God for working this way, for I know many people that I care for very much, but albeit deceived.  I am very grateful they will also be judged by the One who knows the right way to treat their brethren and sisters.

God bless,

Gary

Daniel

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 03:53:11 AM »

Gary,

Your post inspired me :D  Many verses were running through my head reading your post. I've been thinking on the "murderer and liar" lately as well, I hear you bro.

What one can do to His name :shock:  Not in name only but what they do TOWARD His name  :shock:

Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed TOWARD his name, IN THAT ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.[/u]

Our work or labour of love toward His name, keeping his word!

Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which SAY they are Jews, and are NOT, but DO LIE; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

1John 4:20 If a man SAY, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a LIAR[/u]: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him.[/u]

Not abiding in His word, being disobedient is not walking in love, in obedience to his commandments.

1John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.[/u]

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in WORKS they DENY HIM, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.[/u]

Ephes 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful WORKS of darkness, but rather reprove them.[/u]

1Peter 2:7-8 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed[/u], the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.[/u]

Ephes 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but NOW are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light[/u]:

1John 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.[/u]

1John 3:10 IN THIS the children of God are MANIFEST, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.[/u]  

1John 3:14 We KNOW that we have passed from death unto life, BECAUSE we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.[/u]

2Cr 1:12 For our rejoicing is THIS, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to YOU-WARD.[/u]

1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.[/u]

1Titus 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:[/u]

1Peter 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently[/u]:

Thinking of those things that be of "good report" might be hard to do at times but we are encouraged to do just that. Sometimes it seems that ones message can be reduced to cursing the darkness rather then lighting a candle in the house. Ever feel like that out there? Its everywhere really but I'll tell you Gary, the wise shining becomes all the more brighter the darker it gets, they seem to stand out in such times. I enjoyed your post.

Daniel

Andrew

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 06:42:58 AM »

Col 3:14  And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Col 3:15  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
Col 3:16  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Col 3:17  And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

1Ti 6:5  Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
1Ti 6:6  But godliness with contentment is great gain.

1Ti 6:11  But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Heb 6:8  But that which beareth thorns and briars is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
Heb 6:9  But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.
Heb 6:10  For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labor of love, which ye have showed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Rom 12:9  Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
Rom 12:10  Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one another;

chrissiela

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 10:37:18 AM »

WOW!! I am so glad that I got up early to read.....  =D>

Now off to class.....  #-o

Chrissie

1Co 13:13  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 10:44:14 AM »

Very good stuff here, Gary I especially liked your analogy about the weeds being the negative (whether it be word or deed) and how abundant they are and how easily they grow and how difficult it is to uproot them.

That applies to manmade doctrine as well, I guess we could say all works or ideas in the flesh are like weeds in our spiritual garden.

Thank you all,

Joe

orion77

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 12:23:04 PM »

I appreciate all the posts, good stuff for sure.

The doctrine of Christ and the effects of the doctrine of Christ.  Thank goodness for the effects of His declaring of the Father.  Many can say they have the doctrine of Christ, but when the effects are not shining as a light on a hill, this is what separates the doers from the hearers.

When we were carnally minded the last thing we wanted to talk about was the spiritual aspects of His word.  To actually think I had to forgive my enemies was the last thing I wanted to do.  

Our loving God has brought us through these experiences and now we see that we must forgive our enemies.  When we were caranally minded we were His enemy.  He forgave us, now we must forgive them.  There is no other way.

Gods ways are never without amazement and astonishment.  He is wise indeed.  Man oh man, we are so lucky!!!

God bless,

Gary

orion77

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 12:07:05 AM »

A candle is just a candle until it is lit by fire, before it can put out any light.  Takes the Spirit with fire to ingite the candle and the effect is light.

The previous posts have quoted well what the effects of this light are.  We have all seen that Gods word can be taken in many different ways.  All we need to do is look around, also throughout history it's evident.

I guess the question is are we just a candle or a candle afire with the Spirit?  Jesus greatest example for this, to me, is when they were crucifying Him and He said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do".  Wow, talk about having righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience and meekness!  

Was gone all day, was hoping this thread went a little deeper.  See if I can get it going again,  8)

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.