bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 5334 times)

Decky

« on: September 09, 2008, 11:54:34 PM »

Hello all,

I'm Derrick and I've visited this forum frequently as a guest, and just decided to join. Looking forward to fellowshipping with you all.

gmik

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 12:12:38 AM »

Hi Derrick.  Welcome.  Can you share a bit of testimony???

judster

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 12:25:08 AM »

Welcome Derrick.

Good to have you aboard.

Jud

iris

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 12:32:29 AM »

Hi Derrick,

Welcome to the forum!

Iris

Kat

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 12:43:30 AM »

Hi Derrick,

I'm glad you decided to join us  :)
Since you have already been visiting frequently you should be able to jump right in.  I do hope you will take part in the discussions.  I have found that the fellowship here really gives me a boost and keeps me studying, because I want to have Scriptures for what I post.  

You probably already know your way around, but just in case here are the links to things that you may be interested in.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Audios  
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

child boards for;
Inspirationals, Writings, Poems, Etc.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,15.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 01:21:50 AM »

Nice to meet you, Derrick.  Welcome aboard.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Stevernator

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 01:39:37 AM »

Welcome Derrick, glad you are here.

Samarnon

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 05:03:34 AM »

WELCOME ABOARD!

God bless,
Joy

OBrenda

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 09:27:02 AM »

Welcome Aboard Derrick!
Peace,
Brenda

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 12:54:25 PM »

I am soooo glad to see new members, I am new here also, and have found many new insights into my believe systems. Welcome aboard.

Richard D

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 03:47:16 PM »

Hello Deckey, I’m also new her too and just wanted to say hello and God Bless.

Decky

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 12:06:24 AM »

Hello,

As far as my testimony goes, I first was brought to a knowledge of Christ when I was a mere 8 year-old child. It was then that I prayed the spurious "sinner's prayer," lead by two summer bible camp leaders. Not knowing how to live like a Christian(naturally),I went about my merry way up until age 15 when I met a friend in high school who was a Christian, and once again prayed the "sinner's prayer." After many struggles with the faith all through college, I finally was grounded in 1989. I was a Sunday school and bible study teacher, and also did a prison ministry where I conducted bible studies with inmates. All the while I was certain that what I taught, EVERYTHING I taught, was the truth. Eternal hell, the rapture, tithing, the trinity, all the major teachings of orthodox Christianity.

To make this short, I had many nagging doubts about hell, and why it is that even people who haven't heard the gospel were to be subject to such everlasting misery. In 2004, I did a google search on a prominent Word of Faith preacher(Who shall be nameless, but I'm sure you all heard of this person)and a link to L Ray's site mysteriously showed up and I swear, that link seemed to drag me in. It said, "Tithing is unscriptural..." Although I initially blew it off as just another whack false teacher who's just trying to stir up trouble, I decided to click on it and just see what this man had to say. I had heard arguments against tithing before, and just wrote them off as nonsense, but L Ray laid it out so plainly, that every defense I contrived against not tithing was shot down.  I then read L Ray's paper on Lazarus and the Rich man, and practically bawled at my computer. It was like a light clicked on, and I began to really see the true story into what I have always been taught, and actually DID teach, was a an example of the truth of eternal torment. It was then that I was almost convinced that all my loved ones and friends that I had feared was writhing in fiery pain were in fact asleep, awaiting the resurrection to God's just judgement. I began to honestly and sincerely love this God, who has been so badly misrepresented by those who claim to be His ambassadors, including myself.

I literally could go on. But I'll spare you all the ramblings. Needless to say, many questions still abound within me. I'm finding out that with all this revelation of the errors of orthodox Christendom, the people with whom I used to fellowship have kind of pushed me aside. I am even at slight odds with my mother, of whom I was responsible for helping guide her to the Lord, and she is a wonderful and faithful churchgoer who's life I honestly can say was changed by the gospel, even though she believes in all the doctrines of the church. You won't find a more loving and sincere woman, and that's far more that I can say for any so-called pastor or preacher in a pulpit. I almost hate to confront her on her adherence to the doctrines of Christendom, because she finds so much joy in working for her church. She is the epitome of a "prayer warrior," and I shamefully say that her prayer life puts mine to an absolute shame.

But that's all I'll say for now. I hope to find in this forum some good fellowship. I have already been blessed by the warm welcome. Thank you to everyone who took the time to welcome me.

D

gmik

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 03:26:03 PM »

Wow.  Awesome testimony about how the Lord dragged you here!!! It is amazing to me how all of us here were sucked in somehow to Ray's teachings.  I almost didn't read any articles either but something....someONE....made me "check it out"- again thinking some cultish wacko.

BUT

It is hard to argue against scripture isn't it??  I was fascinated and pulled in...the Lazarus one pushed me over...I was sold...almost...but when I started reading the Lake of Fire (one of the greatest pieces of Literature no doubt!), and I read the I ME the MoST important person in my life ...that I was the Beast!!!!  That was my moment.  I screamed jumped up from the chair and knocked it over, and I just shouted and cried, and jumped some more.  I was so happy and felt so free!!!!  I knew I found the truth!!!

If you want some gramma advice....let your mom be for awhile.  Let her be happy.  When (if) she is being drawn she will ask questions or be interested.

I told my son about all of this....I was so happy and wanted everyone to know about it (not a good idea).  He liked the idea about everyone going to heaven and even about no hell.  He seemed sympathetic so I gave him BT's website.  WELL, he obviously was not being drawn cuz he sure didn't read what we read!!!!

He lives in Fl and sent me a long e mail about wht a scam error cultish site it was and that Ray was so mad and angry and wrong and blah blah blah...after much e mailing we agreed to never discuss it again.  He also told me when they ever had children I was not to teach anything about this to them!

He is so disappointed that his mom (me), his role model(me), the one that made him go to church and christian school (me) could stop going to church, stop tithing, and believe this junk!!!

Please be sure the Lord is leading you to talk to ANYONE about this.  Just be your sweet, loving self to all and keep it to yourself!! ;)

Beloved

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 11:29:36 PM »

Welcome Decky,

Yes there are a few people from Great Britain, David, Roy to mention two.  Okay you guys speak up and say hello ;D

There is so much food to digest it is best to chew slowly before you swallow. Most of us have to re-read Ray's works and even then more new things shine out. It keeps getting better and better.

(Eph 3:18)  May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
(Eph 3:19)  And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.

Beloved
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.