bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I said the "F" curse  (Read 6995 times)

EKnight

I said the "F" curse
« on: September 10, 2008, 10:08:27 PM »

I said the "F" curse about a hundred times today out of anger and I hate myself for not being able to control this and many other aspects of my life.  >:(

Eileen

Samson

Re: I said the "F" curse
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 10:16:34 PM »

I said the "F" curse about a hundred times today out of anger and I hate myself for not being able to control this and many other aspects of my life.  >:(

Eileen

Eileen,

Are you referring to what I think your referring to, otherwise What is the F-curse. Whatever it is, Pray to God to remove the desire to say the F-curse out of anger and leave it in God's Hands. If he removes the desire for you to F-curse, then you won't do it anymore, otherwise don't be too hard on yourself. The fact that you recognize it's wrong and you don't like doing it, is a good place to start.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Richard D

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 10:28:10 PM »

Hello E knight, Is it not awesome that even when we hate ourselves God still loves us. And to think there was a time I tried to do it alone. God bless you friend.

EKnight

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 10:34:20 PM »

Yes Samson, it is what you think.  I have a bad habit of using offensive language.  Before I went back to work, I was doing so well with keeping my anger under control and I attributed it to becoming a better me thanks to BT.  But lately I am finding I am falling away from my goal of "overcoming".  I am disappointed in myself for allowing anger to take control of me.  Ugh.  The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Eileen

KristaD

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 10:41:55 PM »

Been there :-[. But don't hate yourself, dear sister, you are no worse than the rest of us. I would surely say it a hundred times a day if God did not keep me from it. All the more reason to humble yourself and cry out to Him. He made you incapable of doing/being good and He LOVES you just the way you are. He'll take that sin from you in His good time but for now just praise Him for showing you that it's wrong instead of letting you be like so many others who curse without a second thought. Don't beat yourself up, you are a part of the same body as we are and I can't imagine you would be so hard on one of us for slipping up. You are exactly where He wants you right now and He is working on you this very moment.

musicman

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 10:45:36 PM »

Last year I was teaching in such a lousy school that the F bomb was often the first word I said when my alarm would go off (Sometimes, I would say it many times).  During some of the rougher moments, I was audible enough at work for some of the students to pick it up.  They can even read lips.  Happily, I am at a much better school this year, and I'm glad to be getting up in the morning.  I still drop it from time to time with friends and today I gave the double one fingered salute in traffic, but I do feel a bit ashamed each and every time.  I still have a long way to go.

Samarnon

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 10:47:27 PM »

Sis Eileen,

You're right on that sister, "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" is also one of my struggles. I've tried to overcome many of my bad habits and behaviors but many times I fail. I know that anger is a sin and yet I get easily angry even on petty things. Although I don't use cursing or "F" words as you call it even when I'm angry, but the mere fact that I'm angry is really upsetting me. This is really a struggle for me. Patience is still very far from my vocabulary eh but I’m trying. I really need God’s grace in this area.

God’ grace be upon you,

Joy

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 10:52:59 PM »

Hi Eileen.  I know 'em all and can string them together in formations that would make a pimp blush.  At least your concience is operating and you are not just swearing out of complete ignorance.

God is not shocked.  He knows what it is in you.  It's a good thing that He showed YOU.  Nothing that is in you today is different from what was in you yesterday except some added insight into your carnality, and some added desire to be rid of it.  That's not failure, sister!  

Now go wash your mouth out with soap, and pray for the rest of us while you are at it.     :D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Samson

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 10:54:21 PM »

Last year I was teaching in such a lousy school that the F bomb was often the first word I said when my alarm would go off (Sometimes, I would say it many times).  During some of the rougher moments, I was audible enough at work for some of the students to pick it up.  They can even read lips.  Happily, I am at a much better school this year, and I'm glad to be getting up in the morning.  I still drop it from time to time with friends and today I gave the double one fingered salute in traffic, but I do feel a bit ashamed each and every time.  I still have a long way to go.

Hello Musicman,

The Freckle Girl and I are notorious for our traffic antics, hopefully in your case you didn't take your hands off the steering wheel while driving in order to accomplish this task; ;D Sometimes the Freckle Girl will tell me something while driving using her hands to help express the communication and be looking at me too, it's a frightening experience at times, but we are still alive to this day;  ;D ;D ;D

Kind regards, Samson.

dewey

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 11:25:22 PM »

Eileen,

Hi, Dewey & Paula here.  I have not seen one thing in scripture that says it is a sin to say any of the words that you think are bad.  I would just think of it as bad language.  Now, if you were to start using God's name with any of those words, now that's bad.  Of course there is always the exception of it being sin or wrong if there's someone present when you said it and they were offended.

There is also something in the scriptures about wasting your time with idle talk.  And pray without ceasing.  This is my hardest thing to do.  My mind strays.  A straying mind is the devil's playground.  Ahhh what the heck - back to reality.   There's only been one good man.  To me when something like that happens it's like the Lord showed me how weak I really am after I say that I will never do this or that again.  I still slip up.  Every time I slip, I think of Peter telling Jesus " I'll never deny you".

So, with all that said my most repetitive prayer is for faith and I believe that that is the most important prayer that a human being can pray.  Without faith that the Father gives us, we would not be able to pick up the other side of the yoke.  According to scripture, Jesus said take up my yoke for it is not burdensome.  What this means, Eileen, is that someday you won't even know you stopped sayin' it until it hits you about how long it has been since it happened. 

Just our two cents worth

In the Spirit of Jesus

love y'ans

Dewey & Paula

Goin' out on a limb for Jesus 'cause that's where the fruit is

musicman

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 12:18:20 AM »

Not to worry Samson.  I was at a traffic light and some guy was giving me crap behind me.  He thought that he was going to cut me off in a merge lane and I showed him that he lacks etiquette.  By the way, I can multitask quite nicely.  Once I was driving, talking to my grandmother on the cell phone, and giving the one fingered salute to someone who thought they could run me off of the road, just because I was on the cell phone.  Funny thing was, I was going over the speed limit and was driving quite nicely.  I drive best when I've been drinking (no, that's a joke.  I hardly ever drink, especially if I'm going to drive).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 12:21:04 AM by musicman »

winner08

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 12:46:03 AM »

Eileen I always cuss. I'm not proud of it, it is a bad habit. I don't know if it is a sin or not. Thinking about it now, I guess if one cusses with bad feelings towards someone that's a sin. When one does this one has bad feelings in his/her heart towards that person. Anger, or being hatefull is a sin. pluse it does nothing to the other person, it just make you feel worse. The last few days has been very trying,with Gustav and the aftermath. The Lord is really teaching me about patients. With most of the traffic lights still out in many parts of the city. Needless to say when driving around town it can really get hectic. Traffic bumper to bumper inch by inch. 30mins. to go a few miles. My patientsand my temper wares thin. I tell my wife God is trying to teach me patients and she reply it's not working.

Darren

Jackie Lee

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 01:05:30 AM »

I really hate when words like that slip out, I do it out of frustrations, but less than before.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 01:24:10 AM »

Sometimes i'm so carnal minded that i hate God for loving me when im p'd at Him, because it leaves me no other choice but to realize how pathetic i am and ultimately causes me to get over my anger at Him. He's really odd, He knows me well... TOO well...

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 09:37:44 AM »

I used to cuss like a sailor up until recently. What changed my outbursts was sitting playing cards for 7 - 9 hours per day. You see, when you speak at the Poker table people can get a "read" on you and know when you are filled with emotions, good or bad ones. Playing emotionally almost always costs you money. So by learning to control my habit of speaking unnecessarily, I have learned to monitor everything that I say, even when I am not at "work".  :)

OBrenda

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 05:38:53 PM »

Eileen...I am shocked my Sister...I just can't picture a sweet 4' 10" Godly women speaking like that!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously sounds to me like you are in good company in this fight.  ;)

Now lets be real here.
We all know the foul mouthed guy, that would give you the shirt of his back or the heart in his chest if you needed it.
And the One who would rather eat S*it than say the Word S*it...guy who would sell your soul for a free lunch.

We shouldn't speak this way and we should seek/try not to, but it's not the words themselves as much as it is the sentiment behind it.  If we have hate in our heart whether you say "RAT FINK" or  *&!#@^*)"  we still have hate in our heart.

I rarely use swear/cuss words....and I really can't pull it off very well, if I try to.  :-\   I take no credit I just don't have any desire to do it.  But don't kid yourself my mouth can be just as hateful!  This is what I like to read and meditate on for my problem with my Tongue....

James 3:2
Taming the Tongue 
  2 We all stumble in many ways. Those who are never at fault in what they say are perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.

3 When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4 Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5 Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of ones life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

7 All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by human beings, 8 but no one can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God's likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 11 Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12 My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

Two Kinds of Wisdom
    13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15 Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

[This is what we are all trying/hoping to achieve daily....]    17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

I have not arrived yet, I'm fighting with you to this end.
Lets just pray that our heavenly father will keep us off the roads that Musicman, Samson & the Freckle Girl are driving on..... :P
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Love You Guy's,
Brenda

EKnight

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 07:45:44 PM »

Brenda, very funny comment at the end there. :) As for my mouth and size; people used to tell my mother "Good things come in small packages" to which my mother would reply "so does dynamite!"

You guys are just so nice.  I hope I can carry your words with me throughout my days so that they keep me from being too hard on myself.

Don't even get me started on road rage  >:(

Eileen

WhoAmI

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 02:14:03 AM »

Eileen,

Are you straining out a gnat or is that your camel?  ::)

Jeff

David

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 07:32:35 AM »

I'm sure more people do it Eileen than would admit to it, even if they don't say it out loud, they probably often think it if they cut up in traffic, get a huge electric bill through the door, bang their head against something etc. We'll always have the carnal instinct to vent our anger and frustration in these vulgar ways until the day we die.

There are numerous origins to this word. It's at least 1000 years old. Northern European Germanic dialects used it to denote striking or hitting. Some places it also meant to copulate. In Britain it seems to originate from a small hamlet village near Bexley of that name with the "er" on the end, the people of that hamlet were called "****ers", and it would seem there was a large family from that hamlet who were known to be "notorious", hence the negative connotation.

So long as you know its not language you should be using, and you're repentant, which you clearly are then I wouldn't beat myself up about it too much. I remember my Pastor saying in Church once "Folk, when I got saved one of the fist things I stopped doing was swearing, just like that over night, it stopped. Isn't God great folk? And you know folk, its so sad that so many people don't know God and are going to hell for it." I think his swearing should have been the least of his worries when he's blaspheming God almost every time he opens his mouth.
Repent of it of course, and fight against using such language, but I think beating ourselves up over words that were probably not even invented or heard of when scripture was written is pointless. There are much worse sins we need to be vigilant to guard against.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 07:34:01 AM by David »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.