bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speak?  (Read 5410 times)

nightmare sasuke

Speak?
« on: March 18, 2006, 11:28:16 PM »

When God speaks to you, or reveals truths, how does it feel and what is it like? How can one tell if he or she is hearing God? Did the 12 apostles hear God more strongly than us? Can anyone hear God as strongly as the 12 apostles did? I desperately want to understand as well as the apostles, and I have doubts as to whether I ever will.

Timothy

Speak?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 12:35:33 PM »

nightmare,

Take some time to listen to this audio. It will maybe help sort out some of your questions.

http://dakotaland.homelinux.com/audio_toc.html

The Spiritual Significance of Numbers in the Scriptures: Three= The Process of Spirtual Completion.

Just ask God to give you His Spirit to be able to hear His voice through His Word.
 The twelve apostles had not a clue to what Jesus was saying til after the day of Pentacost when they where filled with the Spirit of God and all things they where previosly told began to click.
 Those God drags to Jesus will be the ones who choose to be obedient and faithful to His doctrines and they will be few indeed(during this physical lifetime) and will hear the true sheperds voice and follow His lead.

Joh 14:12  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

nightmare I have no doubt if you sincerely beg God for understanding He will be faithful to His Word and plans for you. God is not a respector of any one person over another.

Joh 14:13  And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Keep enduring,Tim

nightmare sasuke

Speak?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 05:28:56 PM »

How will I know when it happens. It could have already happened, but I'm not sure. All I know is I have not clearly heard God's voice, spoke in different languages, or raised anybody from the dead! Haha.

roperfam

Speak?
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 06:18:14 PM »

Quote from: nightmare sasuke
How will I know when it happens. It could have already happened, but I'm not sure. All I know is I have not clearly heard God's voice, spoke in different languages, or raised anybody from the dead! Haha.

Do you believe all will be saved?  Do you believe we have to take on the sufferings of Christ, and be saved by fire?  Do you believe that the only way to life is through death?  Do you believe that grace is God's method to chasten us, discipline us, cause us to suffer in order to die daily?  Do you believe God truly is LOVE?

For me, if you believe these things, one's spiritual eyes are being opened, and one is moving from being in Christ to Christ in us.  As He is, so are we in the world.  

1 Corinthians 2:12-16 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

nightmare sasuke

Speak?
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 06:24:42 PM »

Quote from: roperfam
Quote from: nightmare sasuke

Do you believe all will be saved?  Do you believe we have to take on the sufferings of Christ, and be saved by fire?  Do you believe that the only way to life is through death?  Do you believe that grace is God's method to chasten us, discipline us, cause us to suffer in order to die daily?  Do you believe God truly is LOVE?

For me, if you believe these things, one's spiritual eyes are being opened, and one is moving from being in Christ to Christ in us.  As He is, so are we in the world.  

1 Corinthians 2:12-16 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Yes, I believe all that stuff. How long does it take for one's eyes to be opened as much as the apostle’s eyes were opened at Pentecost? Is it even possible?

gmik

speak
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 06:45:35 PM »

Wisdom and obedience to His Word take time.  Knowledge comes rather quickly and seems to remain in mind/brain area.  wisdom and obedience and love come in the heart.  I think Ray (or Mike) wrote on the 13 years of teaching and time for Paul.  Study to be a workman approved- study takes time and effort. Patience too.

Chris R

hi
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 08:10:14 PM »

Hello,

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.  

Jhn 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.  

There will be those in every generation that are given eyes to see.

Peace

Chris R
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 16 queries.