bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: replies" Short and sweet  (Read 5972 times)

winner08

replies" Short and sweet
« on: September 11, 2008, 07:25:46 AM »

When confronted with a question about something in the Bible like hell and all will be saved things like this what is the short right to the point ansewers one can give without trying to teach. O.K. this guy is giving me guff on hell and God saving all. I quoted 9 or 10 scriptures where God will save all mankind I made sure these quotes were correct. Then about hell. I tried to tell him about having the correct translations on hell. and what those words mean. I can bet he will have something negative to tell me tomorrow. My question is how do I get to the point and let it go?
I am not a teacher. I do however want to make my point and make it clear.
Darren

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: replies" Short and sweet
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 07:33:55 AM »

I do however want to make my point and make it clear.

Why is it necessary to make "your" point.  You gave him scripture, why not let God make His point?  Don't cast pearls before swine. 

Is it possible the questions and him telling you, you are wrong, makes your carnal man want to get the last word?  I know it does me, and is one more thing I need to overcome.

Craig

winner08

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 07:45:41 AM »

Man Craig you are so right. I did get upset when he said I don't know what i am talking about. He said it rudely and I wanted to show him. Point taken thanks. Don't cast pearls before swines. What exactly does that mean?

Darren

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 09:03:36 AM »

Don't cast pearls before swines. What exactly does that mean?

Darren

Hi Darren,

This is how I understand this saying:

Those who have not been blessed with "spiritual" sight and hearing, will not appreciate or value the truth of God's word when spoken to them.  Just as a pig would not understand the value of pearls if thrown into a pigpen.  Those pearls would just be trampled on and ripped apart.

René

Richard D

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 09:11:36 AM »

Winner08, I just went through this with my teacher from World Bible School. I gave many scriptures also but to no avail.

It’s not we but Christ who works; you know what I mean my brother. When our Lord wills him to understand he will understand. Either in this life or the next life but he will understand!  :)

Heidi

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 11:52:31 AM »

......AND also remember that God says that His Word will not return void to Him.  You have given the scriptures, but only God can lift the vail.

Heidi

Samson

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 12:46:32 PM »

I do however want to make my point and make it clear.

Why is it necessary to make "your" point.  You gave him scripture, why not let God make His point?  Don't cast pearls before swine. 

Is it possible the questions and him telling you, you are wrong, makes your carnal man want to get the last word?  I know it does me, and is one more thing I need to overcome.

Craig

Darren,

Craig speaks with wisdom, present the Scriptures to any that inquires of you and try not to persist with further explanation, unless the individual shows sincere interest in really wanting to know. Sometimes we have such zeal in presenting these truths with others outside this Forum(This includes me) that we could easily find ourselves involved in some sort of debate. No one really benefits from this, not only might you be throwing your pearls before swine, but it could break you down Spiritually speaking and if you don't feel good afterwards, of what value is it, the other person just wanted to debate and didn't display an obvious interest in learning truth, maybe they think they will teach you. This has happened to me and this is coming from someone whom loves to talk about the things I've learned from Bible-Truths.com.

Kind regards, Samson.

winner08

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 12:57:07 PM »

Rene: thanks I got it. Like wasting my breath. they will just trample om my words.

Thanks
Darren

Richard D: Thanks ,I hear you Only when and if it is God's Will for them to understand.

Heidi Thanks I understand. I did plant a seed if you call me giving scripture to him how God WILL save everybody. Man I tell you Craig is right I let my ego get in the way. I know this truth and I want to tell people (only if they ask first) I don't started the conversations. But I sure want to Finnish them.

Darren

PS I never use to be like that. I would never push an issue.

AK4

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 01:56:44 PM »

Also Winner08 Ray talks about this in paper Foundational Truths. If you get caught in this kind of situation Ray says stay on the offense, make them prove whatever they are quoting is the really the Truth of Gods word or just a bad translation. 

I think the first one Ray put is God does not lie.  Just ask them flat out Are you calling God a liar when he states here that he will save all men. 

This to me is the short and sweet answer and you cant get on the defense with that.  I dont think anyone can come to grisps with saying that He is a liar (well maybe an atheist).
I think then you tell "either you are calling God a liar or you are reading a bad translation"

JMHO--but i do agree with all the posts on here, if they continue, just throw that line at em again "I guess you are calling God a liar" and leave it at that

David

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 07:55:47 AM »

Darren if you're giving people who question you sound relavent scriptures, if you're answering with humility, if they still contradict what you have given them, then there is a point at which you are to leave that conversation and pursue it no more.
Titus 3:9-11 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

10A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

11Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.