bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What now?  (Read 5360 times)

legoman

What now?
« on: September 12, 2008, 12:45:57 AM »

I'm on a posting binge tonight I guess.

Sometimes I wonder, what do I do now?

I have spent the last 8 months learning these truths, reading all of Ray's papers and email's, studying the bible.  There's still much more to study.

What happens next?  I've tried to share with a few people online - not much luck there.  I've talked with my wife a bit about it, no light bulb for her yet though.  I will work on it.

But going forward I'm not sure how to proceed:
- going to work is like a "dream-state" now.  I do my work but I'm constantly thinking about Ray's teaching's and bible study. 
- my daughter is almost 4 years old and she is starting Jr Kindergarten with the Catholic school board - I wonder if that is a mistake
- I'm still going to church (Catholic).  In fact I play piano for the Sunday service.  I'm not sure what to do there.

So much to figure out and so much to learn still.  It is overwhelming sometimes, especially without a support network.  At least this forum is here.

However some things are giving me more perspective now.  Like I will get stuck in traffic and get a bit upset.  And then I will think "hey wait.  Since I don't really have free will, God made me stuck in this traffic jam for a reason.  Perhaps he wants me to learn patience."

Or I will be in the park with my daughter and I think "God designed this moment just to be as it is."  I will look at a tree and realize God designed every leaf on that tree, and every cell of each leaf.  And he set the wind in motion to cause each leaf to rustle.  And I realize it is so beautiful and God is so amazing.

Really it has been a profound year :)

Kevin

gmik

Re: What now?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 12:52:58 AM »

Kevin, what do you do now??  Keep loving your wife, and love raising your child.  Keep reading Ray and your Bible.  Fellowship w/ us but love your neighbor.  Read Pauls' letters to know how to live a Godly life.  Keep fighting the beast within-The Lord will work out your piano and church stuff- don't get into worrying about the future!!

Ooooppps!!!  Sorry, I do like to give advice!!! :-X

musicman

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 01:40:37 AM »

Don't worry.  You definately do not have to stop playing the piano.

KristaD

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 10:34:33 AM »

Now you pray more and learn more. If you don't know what to do it's because He isn't telling you to do anything, so don't, just wait until He does. :)

Kat

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 12:05:10 PM »

Hi Kevin,

You are right...

And then I will think "hey wait.  Since I don't really have free will, God made me stuck in this traffic jam for a reason.  Perhaps he wants me to learn patience."

Or I will be in the park with my daughter and I think "God designed this moment just to be as it is."  I will look at a tree and realize God designed every leaf on that tree, and every cell of each leaf.  And he set the wind in motion to cause each leaf to rustle.  And I realize it is so beautiful and God is so amazing.

Your eyes have been opened, Ray has taught you the basics, now you have to live what you have learned.  As you continue to study and grow in your knowledge of the truth, through your life experiences God will be building righteous character in you. 

It is a wonderful thing to be among the chosen, to have your eyes opened, but now you must endure to the end.  In the parable of the sower (Matt. 13), out of the seeds so few fall on "good ground" and go on to produce fruit.  So to be chosen gives us hope, but we have to endure to the end to be among the faithful few to be in the first resurrection.

Rev 17:14  These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Phil3:10

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 03:11:42 PM »

Legoman (Kevin),
I can so relate to your post. I have been there, done that and still feel much like you. I have learned to be patient and to wait on GOD to direct my way. I so much want my wife to see the truth but she still has a long way to go. I have realized that only GOD can accomplish HIS will and my prayer is that HE wills my wife to come out of the Babylonian Church System.
You are on the right road in reading Ray's teachings and staying involved in this forum. You are so very right in that GOD is in everything and we should just enjoy HIS plans for us. Love that little girl and pray that GOD will reveal HIS truths to your wife and that your example will be a beacon for both your wife and others in seeing GOD demonstrated in all you do.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

chuckt

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 03:29:32 PM »

I have spent the last 8 months learning these truths, reading all of Ray's papers and email's, studying the bible.  There's still much more to study.

REST  :P

legoman

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 12:24:32 AM »

REST  :P

Yes this is probably the best advice :) but thanks everyone else for the other comments.

Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.