bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Huge newbie problem can you relate!!!  (Read 4563 times)

Richard D

Huge newbie problem can you relate!!!
« on: September 12, 2008, 11:25:26 AM »

When I read some of the post on this forum, the understanding I see my Brothers and Sisters have in the things of God really humble me.

I feel like I’m in preschool in comparison to most here. I know a few things about God’s truths like I need not fear eternal damnation and that eventually everyone will be saved.

I learned that we really don’t have free will and a couple of other things too. I see its going to take me years to learn everything I need to know. Woe is me!

I see I’m out of my league here and don’t have much to offer anyone in the things of God.

The Bible to me is not like any other book I’ve read and really don’t understand what I do read in it. I guess that’s why I enjoy the way Ray presents it to me, you know, Ray makes it easy for me to understand.

Because I don’t understand what I read in the bible does this indicate I’m predestine for the second resurrection? If Christ is calling me then it seems I should understand everything I read in the Bible!

It’s difficult to stand in my shoes without much understanding, that’s all I can say. But the heart is a deceitful thing and I hope I’m not being deceived I really do.

Today I feel woe is me no doubt about it.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:38:09 AM by Richard D »

KristaD

Re: Huge newbie problem can you relate!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 11:39:01 AM »

If we are supposed to understand everything we read in the bible then I think most all of us here are in trouble. I certainly don't understand everything every time. He hasn't given any of us full understanding of everything yet. We read and pray and He makes us understand what we are supposed to when we are supposed to. There are so many layers and meanings to the scriptures, that we cannot possibly comprehend it all now, but He reveals it bit by bit as we can handle it. Your humility in admitting that you simply don't know enough to be the elect shows that you truly ARE being called, don't doubt that.

carol v

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 11:59:19 AM »

Hi Richard -- the enthusiasm you have shown since joining the forum is terrific. When I first went to Ray's old forum years ago, I felt just like you -- like the freshman at a new school.

Psa 27:14  Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Psa 37:34  Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.

Luk 21:19  In your patience possess ye your souls.

Paul, after the miracle on the Road to Damascus, went home to Tarsus for many years before he started teaching. He was waiting on the Lord.

Joseph, when he went to Egypt, spent 13 years in prison before he was ready to interpret dreams and rule Egypt. He was waiting on the Lord.

Peter and all the disciples travelled with Christ for 3 years and were still not ready to teach themselves. They were waiting on the Lord.

Channel your enthusiasm into study and be patient.

And Krista is exactly right -- none of us have complete understanding and just because one might have more knowledge than another doesn't mean that the one with more knowledge is the elect. Only God knows who those blessed ones are. Pray for understanding. I've been studying for 5 years and I read things all the time that I don't have a clue what they mean.

AND YOU ARE NOT OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE!!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 04:55:17 PM by carol v »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 12:01:51 PM »

Hi Richard,

From what Peter wrote we can see this journey is a progression that depends on faith as its foundation. I believe just by virtue of you even considering these things (as Krista noted) that you have been called to a deeper experience of Christ and His plan of redemption than most in this age.

2Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

2Peter 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2Peter 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

2Peter 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

2Peter 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

These things Peter wrote of can not be claimed by a 30 second prayer or an alter call or any of the things most churches teach, it is a One on one journey with Christ that leads us through the trials and tribulations that is the path to His Kingdom.

Remember;

Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Peace,

Joe

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 05:03:38 PM »

I like to think of this forum as the antithesis of the "Peter Principle". Instead of one person rising to the level of his/her incompetence, together we all rise to a great understanding of the will of God. Together we are synergistic, the sum of our collective knowledge, faith, hope, trust, and patience is far greater when we all work together.

8)

Linny

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 07:28:22 PM »

Oh, Richard, if you only knew what a blessing it is to meet someone who God called before they were so indoctrinated into the Babylonian crap!  :-\

You may be learning all of this as new information, but people like myself who were raised in the lies and deceit of the church have spent 40+ years learning WRONG. Now, I may have picked up bits and pieces of truth along the way, for which I am thankful, but man do I have a lot to UNLEARN.

Feel blessed Richard that you are a clean slate beginning the most exciting journey of your life!

The Creator of the Universe has called you out so just call on Him and ask for Holy Spirit wisdom as you read.

Php 1:6  And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Blessings to you as we learn together!
Lin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.