bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Poll

the many are called but few are chosen

Called.
Chosen.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Is the chosen?  (Read 9791 times)

faith2faith

Who Is the chosen?
« on: September 13, 2008, 02:28:33 AM »

Hi everyone!!! :)

thinking long and hard about this, I took it upon myself to search the word of God
And study and pray, I came up with answers and scriptures that made my heart
spring with joy, I wanted to share them with the many who are called and chosen.

Even as He Chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we
should be Holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight even above
reproach, before Him in love.(Eph 1:4,5).

Fore those whom He knew, He also destined from the beginning to be
molded into his Son, and that He might become the firstborn among many brethren.
And those whom He thus foreordained, He also called; He also justified And those whom
He justified, He also glorified.  (Romans 8:29,30).

LISTEN T me , O isles and coastlands, and hearken, you peoples from afar.
The LOrd has called me from the womb; from the body of my mother, He has
named my name.(lsaiah 49:1).

But because the Lord loves you and because He would keep the oath which he had sworn
to your (fore) fathers, the Lord has brought you out of the house of bondage from the hand of Pharaoh
king of Egypt. Duet7:8.

And the Lord has declared this day that you are His peculiar people as He promised you
and you are to keep all His commandments;
And He will make you high above all nations which He has made, in praise and in fame
and in honor, and that you shall be a holy people to the Lord your God, as He has spoken.(Deut 26:18,19).

And He said, your name shall be called no more Jacob (supplanter) But Israel (contender with God).
for you have contended and have power with men and have prevailed. (Gen 32:28).

He took his brother by the heel in (their mother's) womb, and in the strenght (of his manhood)
He contended and had power with God.
Yes, he had power over the Angel (of the Lord). and prevailed; he wept and sought his favor.
He met him in Bethel, and there (God) spoke with us. ( Hosea 12:3,4).

alot of these scriptures have Helped and has given me more knowledge and understanding and i hope it will Bless and speck
to others as much as it has for me.

Jackie Lee

Re: Who Is the chosen?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 03:31:09 AM »

One thing I am certain of I was called out of church, I can't be sure of much beyond that unfortunately.

faith2faith

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 03:53:14 AM »

Hi jacket Lee :)

Deut 7:8. says,  But because the Lord Loves you and because
He would Keep the oath which he had sworn to your forefathers
the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed
you out of the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh
king of Egypt.

ive given other scriptures that speck volumes, But yea its good
go over them and ponder them and study them, you'll be so blessed.

trish. 

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 06:17:29 AM »

Thanks, Trish.  Those are some very inspiring scriptures and build faith.  Isa 49:1 is not one I was familiar with.  That's a great thought. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

faith2faith

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 06:36:38 AM »

;) your welcome!!!

faith2faith

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 08:20:37 AM »

Hi Dave in tenn!!

lsaiah 49:1-5).

This would have to be spiritually Discerned.

Heres something else that may give you abit more understanding;

Jeremaiah 1:5). Before I formed you in the womb, I knew (and) approved of you
                      (as my chosen instrument) and before you were born I separated
                      and set you apart, consecrating you; I appointed you as a prophet
                      to the nations.

Rev 1:6). And formed us into a kingdom (a royal race), priests to His God and Father- to Him be
              the glory and the power and the majesty and the dominion throughout the ages and
              forever and ever Amen!!

Rev 5:10). And you have made them a kingdom (royal race) and priest to our God, and they shall reign
               as kings over the earth.

Exodus 19:6). And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests, a holy nation (consecrated, set apart
                    to the worship of God). these are the words you shall speck to the Israelites.

Hope this may broaden your understanding and be little more enlightening

warm regards trish. 
 God bless.

carol v

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 01:28:11 PM »

The one thing I'm sure of is that I'm peculiar!

Thanks for the scriptures Trish. Good stuff.

gmik

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 03:10:14 PM »

Thanks Trish.  Had to print this entire thread. (want reading material for the drive to Nashville :D) Been printing lots of our threads.  I loved the Isa 49:1 scripture!

AK4

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 04:06:19 PM »

Great posts Trish,

I have oftened wondered is it a form of doubt if we dont believe we are chosen.  It makes me think of what Jesus said

Lu 18:8
I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

It makes me question and think do i truly have the faith that he actually chose me.  Am i doubting Jesus?  We are to approach the throne with confidence in many scriptures, but it makes think if i dont truly believe that ive been chosen then "will Jesus find that faith in me when he returns"

I dont know i have pray on it some more, but great posts

Anthony

Jackie Lee

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 01:09:42 AM »

This is a great thread thanks Trish.
Anthony you really made me think about doubting being chosen, it could just be a lack of faith.
Something to think about and consider.

AK4

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 02:44:13 PM »

Jackie Lee,

Ive notice here on this forum we all are real carefull to claim that we are the chosen/few/elect, but with all those scriptures it makes me wonder if we are doubting.  I also noticed in Rays papers hes not really directing his words to just the called, but its to the called and chosen.  I remember thinking this same thought while going through my first run of the LOF series.

I think it is good that we stay humble and try not to think that we are better or more special than anyone, but something in my spirit keeps pulling at me about being confident and bold and not doubting at all, but staying humble.

I dont know still.  what do you guys think?

Anthony

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 03:43:39 PM »

I think it's an excellent question.

I also get the same sense from reading Ray (and listening to the audios as well) that you do.

To be honest, I'm not 100% clear on who the 'called' are.  Are they all believers?  Everybody who has ever heard the gospel of the death and resurrection of Christ?  Only those who have been given spiritual sight?

I'm pretty sure I understand who the elect are, but since they (we?) are the few, who is the many? 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

dewey

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 07:58:30 PM »

Hi, Dave in Tenn

Saw your post and had to reply with just my opinion - no scripture.  without God's help, man cannot even believe in Him.  Look at all those that don't.  Are they called?  I don't think so. 

I say that all the called pertain to the people that have heard the Good News - gospel of Jesus Christ; but only those that God lets hear it hears the truth.  And therefore, have enough faith to believe in Jesus Christ and the cross and resurrection.  Hearing the truth is totally different from hearing and knowing the truth.  We believe the called will know the truth every time you see it either in the scripture or hear by someone's mouth. It will jump out at the believer.  Who was it that Jesus prayed for?  the believers.  We believe that the unbelievers will also be saved;  but not a the same time as a believer.  In all the scriptures I have never seen where when Jesus prayed it wasn't answered.  When Jesus prayed, it was always answered.  Why?  He prayed in the Father's will. 

So to bring this to an end, if you believe, you will be saved and will you be one of the elect?  Only the Father knows.  Jesus says you must become like a little child to see the Kingdom of God.  When I was 7 or 5 years old, I had a friend (an imaginary friend).  we played from daylight to dark.  We lived in the hills of TN - the nearest neighbor was miles away.  In my heart and mind I was as close to this "friend" as my mind would allow me to be.  today at 65 years old I have another friend - his name is Jesus.  He and I talk, laugh, fish together and till the garden.  When I go to bed, he goes to bed with me.  This family is a threesome - my wife, Paula, Dewey and Jesus.     

Am I one of the elect?  I'm not worthy to carry his sandals. 

Love ya, Dave

Dewey & Paula said it in the Spirit of Christ

Kat

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 12:32:49 AM »

This email explains who the 'called'are.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,772.0.html -------

There are the called and the chosen few--they are both part of God's Church, but the chosen come out of the part of God's Church which is called Mystery Babylon the Great.

Why if you don't agree with virtually anything that is taught, would you ever want to return? You know what the Scriptures say about a dog returning to his own vomit? (2 Peter 2:22).  And "touch not the unclean thing," (Isa. 52:11) etc.

Of course people saw the light of Christ, it's just that they didn't comprehend it. He was a witness AGAINST most of them, as we are a witness AGAINST the carnal church today. My message is not to convince the Church of her wrong ways, but rather to witness against her. She will not change except through severe judgment.

You mention being a light. Have you ever noticed that a light does not make very much noise?  Not everyone is called to teach and preach (See I Cor. 12:29).  We are to let people see our light and our good works, not our clever arguments against their doctrines.  Do not cast your pearls of God's Truths to the dogs and the pigs who do not want them (Matt. 7:6).

God be with you,
Ray

faith2faith

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 07:10:46 AM »

Just wanted to encourage everyone who has visited this post, to stand strong in your faith
as i stand with you, some are still not sure, others are confident, and a hugh number of those
who know where they stand with God.

So many who are still un-sure of their Election, here are some scriptures that may help with building your faith.

"Making one's calling and Election sure" NIV.
2 Peter 1:3-11). His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of
him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

vs 4, Through these he has given us his very great and preious
promise, so that through them you may partiscipate in th divine nature and escape the corruption in the world
caused by evil desires.

vs 5, For this reason, make every effort to add to your faith (goodness), and to goodness, (knowledge) and to knowledge,
(self-control) and to self-control, (perseverance) and to perseveranc, (godliness).

vs 7, And to godliness, (brotherly kindness) and to brotherly kindness, love.

vs 8, For if you posses these Qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and un-productive
in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

vs 9, But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleaned from his
past sin.

vs 10, Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you
will never fall,

vs 11, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.   

these are virtues and qualities that we can mirror of our own lives, and if you still not sure, then its best to pray and ask God
to help make some changes and build more faith, go at a pace that best suited to our own individual needs.

When God elects and calls, it is to obedience and holiness. 1 Peter 1:2). who have been chosen to the fore-knowledge
 of God the Father through the sanctifying work of the Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood.

Eph 1:12-14). in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.

vs 13, And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed
you were "Marked" in him with a seal, the promise Holy Spirit,

vs 14, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance intil the redemption of those who are God's possession-
to the praise of his glory.

okay well there it is!!!

And I hope this may put an end to all the Doubting, God Bless you all and Mmmmwah love you heaps
goodnight  :)

trish  ;D

Heidi

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 08:15:21 AM »

Trish.....you are prescious!  Mmmmwah.  Thank you for this post, my election was made sure upon reading this post.

Love
Heidi

faith2faith

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 09:20:30 AM »

Hi Heidi  :)

We all have something to bring to the table and share, we are to Build each other and encourage
eachother with the good news which is the Gospel, edifying the church till we all reach unity in our
faith
so yes i am here to build, not to twiddle my thumb, I had to spend a lil time with God before
I could come back on this site with his answer to my prayer as what to do or say next, And
He is always faithful to answering our prayers when we cry out to him....... not to eachother!

other wise we just end up going in circles when we want answers, so yup God's the best one
to spend time with when you don't know....and when he reveals truths to us, then it's for us
to bring it to the table and share our spiritual food with our brothers and sisters.

God gets all the glory!!!
hope this post is specking to others too!! Mmmmwah Love you's all so much!!  ;)   

AK4

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 07:31:04 PM »

Trish i think you have a great gift of encouraging.  I keep coming back to this thread and rereading all the posts.

Anthony

i would kiss ya too, but i dont think my girlfriend wouldnt like that
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 08:45:45 PM by AK4 »

faith2faith

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 07:54:31 PM »

Lol Anthony!!!

Don't want to upset the Gurlfrnd.. ;)

But yes, you identified one of those Gifts that i do have and i love to encourage others
And Build others up, another of my Gifts is interceding and standing in the Gap for those, and another is the gift of wisdom
and understanding....but those are a different subject....however to be Humble is to gain knowledge and understanding....!!
so yes i ecourage All to gather as much fruit as you can....!

And this is a Holy Kiss for greetings or farewell, "Mmwah" trish.

Cheers Anthony!!!   

Vangie

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 10:47:40 PM »

Anthony....mmmm hmmmm, girlfriend.....yeeeaahh, right.   Are you trying to dig out...(i.e. come out)...of that hole you dug in the other thread.?? ;) ;)  What's her name...Pat?  (You know, from SNL)

Meant in good fun!

Seriously though, very good thread here, have enjoyed the edification.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.