bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Poll

the many are called but few are chosen

Called.
Chosen.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Is the chosen?  (Read 9844 times)

OBrenda

Re: Who Is the chosen?
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 10:57:04 PM »

Trish,

Girl....I can't help but ask .......is your last name really  "Smiley" ?    ;D

That is just to appropriate for you... ;)

Smiles,
Brenda

faith2faith

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 12:03:41 AM »

Hi brenda!!! ???

No it's not.....but just for privacy and personal reasons, I could have put trish teary eyed, but thought smiley sounds better.

Cheers  :)
trish.

AK4

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 12:17:46 AM »

Anthony....mmmm hmmmm, girlfriend.....yeeeaahh, right.   Are you trying to dig out...(i.e. come out)...of that hole you dug in the other thread.?? ;) ;)  What's her name...Pat?  (You know, from SNL)

Meant in good fun!

Seriously though, very good thread here, have enjoyed the edification.

Im trying.  LOL ;D

jenniferonline

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 02:02:06 AM »

Hi everyone!  (thanks for posting this trish) :)

Doesn't the job description of the "chosen" positions indicate that there will be MORE pain and suffering?   I'm glad it's not up to me, because I wouldn't be on the list.

I'm one of those people, that when things are going good, i start expecting locusts and fireballs from heaven. 

My previous beliefs were that MY faith was just that: "My" mustered up faith.  Thank GOD i can't take credit for even that (eph 2:8 ), nor can i take credit for even the desire to do His will, because it wouldn't get done.

I've been listening to this same debate for the past 5 or so years, who is chosen, who is called?  why would anyone want to be chosen?!  isn't that like asking for a severe beating?  ??? Maybe i'm missing the point or only looking thru a carnal lens, but i don't think being chosen is all light and love and good times with lots of friends around cheering us on (not that we all have that now that we left the church!). 

just my two cents...

faith2faith

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 08:54:12 AM »

Bless you jennifer!!!

I Quote you!! (why would anyone want to be chosen? isn't that like asking for a servere beating?

well quite frankly jennifer, who wouldn't want to be a son or daughter of God.
And choose to continue in being sons and daughters of a rebellious nation,
i'd settle for persecution and long suffering any day, rather then that broad and wide road!!!

John 1:12,13). Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.
                         children born not of natural descent nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Hebrews 2:10).In bringing many sons to glory it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists,
                         should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.

peace, mercy and love Jenn
Bless you!! trish.

jenniferonline

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 01:55:25 AM »

i'd settle for persecution and long suffering any day, rather then that broad and wide road!!!

You are a better woman than me!  I don't see myself as jumping into that boiling pot voluntarily, I've always been PUSHED or DRAGGED.

SO MUCH FOR FREE WILL (Thank GOD)!!   :-\

faith2faith

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 04:19:40 AM »

Hi jenn  :)

Look i just encourage you, stay in Gods word and spend plenty time in fellowship with him
we all have a teacher who is the holy spirit, and his leading leads us into all truth you have
him, so spend as much time with him as you can.

John 14:26). But the counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the father will send in my name, will
teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

I myself am a learner and having the Holy Spirit to teach and Guide me into all truth is rewarding
the more time you spend in the word and in fellowship with God, the more the fire within burn's 
and keeps you wanting more of what is revealed.

ok bless you heaps jenn
trish.     
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.