bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Men ,head of the household???  (Read 12822 times)

winner08

Men ,head of the household???
« on: September 13, 2008, 05:19:01 AM »

Today I was having a discussion about marriage. We talk about how the man is at lest most of the time the head of the house. He takes care of all the important matters that has to do with all things in the family. Anyways my friend started talking about Adam and Eve and how Adam was the head of the household. Well I got to thinking God made man and woman and man is to leave his mother and take a wife then the two will become one. They will have children and buy a house and start paying bill raising the kids and all that good stuff. God knew that the wife would run the house, and He knew the crap the husbands would have to deal with. THAT'S WHY GOD DOSEN'T HAVE A WIFE :D :D :D

Darren

PS this is just for fun.

Samson

Re: Men ,head of the household???
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 09:02:33 AM »

Today I was having a discussion about marriage. We talk about how the man is at lest most of the time the head of the house. He takes care of all the important matters that has to do with all things in the family. Anyways my friend started talking about Adam and Eve and how Adam was the head of the household. Well I got to thinking God made man and woman and man is to leave his mother and take a wife then the two will become one. They will have children and buy a house and start paying bill raising the kids and all that good stuff. God knew that the wife would run the house, and He knew the crap the husbands would have to deal with. THAT'S WHY GOD DOSEN'T HAVE A WIFE :D :D :D

Darren

PS this is just for fun.

Darren,

What an extremely intelligent God that we Worship;  ;D ;D ;D, Well Darren, you started this,  ::), So I pray that God be with you in this Thread, glad you covered yourself and included the P.S.  ;D ;D ;D

Samson.

P.S. I'm covered Darren, because I'm on my way to work for a double shift, so all I have to say is W--O--M--A--M.

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 12:20:05 PM »

God said to man it is not good that man be alone and without a helpmeet.

You chose your wife, so now you are suppose to be one with her. Man is not to sit there and let things happen, he is there to make things happen.

In the ideal world , you decided on the number children, and  where you live and exactly how you live . Your wife should have always been in agreement with you as the head.

If you have to work two jobs sometimes , that is okay but otherwise as a house hold they may need to cut back. Hopefully the compulsive spending. spending can be controlled . Many of us have far too much stuff in this country.

I heard a man yesterday talking on the radio about losing his house in a fire. He said after the shock , he realized that he could not remember what half of the stuff that was  in the house, all he knew was that all closets and spaces and garage were jamed full. He has slowly replaced things but now he realized that the stuff he had was not that "important" 

WE work jobs we do not like so we can buy stuff that we do not need.

It is a very hard job to be the head of something. It not just getting the best seat, it takes a lot of time thinking and planning and then implimenting your team. In marriage it is a team effort

It got me thinking then , I had just ordered DISH network,  I kept asking why, I am a TV adddict  :P and will waste a lot of time watching all kinds of rotten stuff that will enter and pollute my mind.

It cost 49.00 month with a 2 yr commitment , after I cancelled it, boy or boy AT&T tried to lower the rate to 35 , said I could cancel at any time and that I did not have to buy the equipment. They finally understood I meant no.

Darrens Perhaps the burdens you are feeling have you exactly where God wants you.  It is when we need help that we seek the Father the most. Christ is the head of man. The Father is His head.

I do not know what you mean by His not being married, Jaweh was married to Israel, boy what a family they were, the wife and kids almost never listened. :P

Jesus has been waiting 2000 years for His Bride and she will be spotless. ;D

Then He will show all man how to live rignteously and eventually All will be in All

Beloved

Kat

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 02:19:40 PM »

Why a Man Needs a Woman

The Bible says, "And the Lord God said: 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." And so, "made he a woman." It dosen't say that he made a pretty or witty woman, or any kind-of-adjective woman. He made the basic woman.

Why is this basic woman so valuable to the man ? Three things :

First, she is a warm body in the bed. I don't refer to sexual activity. That is important, But I refer to soemthing that is, if possible even more primitive : human contact.

A baby crying in its crib dosen't want conversation or a gold ring. He wants to be held and patted. Adults need that physical contact also. They need to cuddle together for warmth and comfort in an indifferent or cold world.

But conversation is also important.  We talk to each other in ways they cannot talk to anyone else. He can tell her of something good he has done without fearing she will think he is bragging. He can count on her interest and understanding.
The primary purpose of this conversation is to convey information. Its purpose is to say, "I am here and I know you are here."

Third,
The woman serves the man's need to be needed. If no one needs you, what good are you?

Other people-employers, students, readers-may say they need you.But in such relationships you are replaceable at some price. To this woman you are not replaceable at any price. That gives you the self esteem to meet the world everyday.

So this "ordinary" woman - one like millions others in the world - has great value to this man. And while I have written these views from a man's point of view, I don't think this relationship is one-sided. On the contrary, I am sure it is reciprocal.
(By Herbert Stein)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 02:50:30 PM »

:(

Not something I needed to think about right now.

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 03:24:24 PM »

:(

Not something I needed to think about right now.

:( :'( Me too Patrick
It would be nice to find a woman like that.

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

winner08

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 04:21:15 PM »

Ya'll do know this is the just for fun section.

Darren

Beloved

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 05:17:28 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Okay here is an oldie from Kat

Top Ten Reasons Eve Was Created

10. God was worried that Adam would frequently become lost in the garden because he would not ask for directions.

9. God knew that one day Adam would require someone to locate and hand him the remote.

8. God knew Adam would never go out and buy himself a new fig leaf when his wore out and would therefore need Eve to buy one for him.

7. God knew Adam would never be able to make a doctor's, dentist, or haircut appointment for himself.

6. God knew Adam would never remember which night to put he garbage on the curb.

5. God knew if the world was to be populated, men would never be able to handle the pain and discomfort of childbearing.

4. As the Keeper of the Garden, Adam would never remember where he left his tools.

3. Apparently, Adam needed someone to blame his troubles on when God caught him hiding in the garden.

2. As the Bible says, It is not good for man to be alone!

And finally, the Number 1 reason why God created Eve . .

1. When God finished the creation of Adam, He stepped back, scratched his head, and said,
"I can do better than that."

Kat

Beloved

winner08

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 07:20:02 PM »

beloved,this is a joke. ::) ::)  I was trying to be funny. :D ;D :D ;D. Maby it was a poor attempt. I feel in no way burden. I am a very happily married man and I am IN LOVE with my wife of 18 yrs this Oct. I was trying to show how our Lord has quite a sense of humor by being smarter than us. Letting us (husbands) believe we are the head of the house when everyone knows it's the wife that runs things. Listen for everything my wife and I been through in just these last 5 yrs with Katrina  and now Gustav. Believe me without her I would not have made it. I thank God every night that I have her in my life,(and I mean every night). So please remember this is for fun.(y'all remember fun, don't you)?

Darren

winner08

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 07:25:38 PM »

Kat, I greatly understand the need for women. I greatly understand the need for my wife. Trust me when I say this, I thank God every single night for my wife who is sleeping next to me,comforting me supporting me and loving me. Yes  I thank God every single night. Yes I really do understand the role women play in men's life.

Darren
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 07:26:57 PM by winner08 »

winner08

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 07:31:25 PM »

Beloved, that is a great top 10 list. I wonder if Lettermen would be interested.

Darren

WhoAmI

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 07:42:18 PM »

Using the scriptures to look at the real marriage is the only way. And this marriage has nothing to do with man and woman getting a paper or seeking "happiness."

Jeff

frecklegirl417

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 07:12:52 PM »

;D To all the men that responded;

Very funny!!! This wife here thought it was cute. When we get married we find our helpmate is right and do become one with our husbands. IMO.... There should be a compromise between the couple. Has I learned Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus, But most of both groups come from Jupiter. I have been with Samson 3 glorious years and I let him believe he is the head of the household. ;D ;) Ha! Ha! The smart women do let their husbands believe they are the BOSS!!!!

ROFL, ;D ;D ;D
                                                           Pam

Ps... Just joking guys!!!

Beloved

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 09:56:15 PM »

I know this is suppose to be off topic but it got me thinking about the name of the post...head of the household

(Gen 3:2)  And the woman saith unto the serpent, `Of the fruit of the trees of the garden we do eat,
(Gen 3:3)  and of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden God hath said, Ye do not eat of it, nor touch it, lest ye die.'
(Gen 3:4)  And the serpent saith unto the woman, `Dying, ye do not die,
(Gen 3:5)  for God doth know that in the day of your eating of it--your eyes have been opened, and ye have been as God, knowing good and evil.'
(Gen 3:6)  And the woman seeth that the tree is good for food, and that it is pleasant to the eyes, and the tree is desirable to make one wise, and she taketh of its fruit and eateth, and giveth also to her husband with her, and he doth eat;
(Gen 3:7)  and the eyes of them both are opened, and they know that they are naked, and they sew fig-leaves, and make to themselves girdles.

God told Adam to not eat it but who told Eve not to touch it?

Was Adam there while she was eating?

When he saw she ate the apple , he knew the rule , Ray teaches that he remembered life before when he was alone and decided to eat it too rather than to be alone. Like Christ he gave his life for Hos bride.

I think the problem is that the world does not like Gods order.

The Father is head of Christ, Christ is the head of man and man is the head of woman.

We are seeing only the carnal or the physical aspects and not alwats seeing the spiritual fully.

That part of self surfaces and gets on the throne , women thinking they are the ones who are really in charge and men thinking that the woman is because she hold his heart.

It really is hard to stop this thinking mode

But it is really symbolic, the women/wife relies totally on her husband, the husband relies totally on Christ spirit in leading to the Fathers Will.  Total Rest.

That fruit is still working on us, we want to make judgement on Good and Evil , we cannot let God make those decisions for us. We need those fig leafs because none of is really capable of making these choices..

If we believe that the time is at hand, then we need more revelation and less entertainment.  Okay forgive me I am being a party pooper again.

beloved

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 09:59:43 PM »

women are just way to beautiful to not exist. Perhaps the most beautiful thing to ever grace the mind of God! Or perhaps.. i'm just to carnal ><

Ricky

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 11:26:28 PM »

Hi there, let`s try this one I don`t even know where it is but I have never forgotten exactly what it says, He who soever findth a wife findth a good thing he also findth FAVOR with the Lord. In other words to me this means, no wife, no nothing from the Lord, yikes, sounds like I might be just wasting my time with all this, God knows a wife in my life is impossible. There are many men out there that are in the same boat. Jesus had no wife, so why do I need one, He found favor with God. >:(     Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 04:51:57 AM »

Oh my, Ricky.  I don't think that's exclusive!

I Cor. 7:8  And I say to the unmarried and to the widows: it is good for them if they may remain even as I am.

Actually, that whole chapter is the best, most explicit teaching on the subject I've found.  It's a great read, especially if you have imagination.  I can almost SEE Paul struggling with what to say here.  Sometimes it clear commandment, somethimes it's Godly wisdom.  It's all worth it.

I've always gotten a kick out of the verse that says it is better to marry than to burn.  Might be just slightly better, sometimes.   ;D

As for poor unmarried Dave, my standards preclude changing this in the near future.  I would never think of marrying any woman who would debase herself enough to marry the likes of me.

God bless us, every one.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Beloved

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 06:19:47 AM »

Dave in TN
As for poor unmarried Dave, my standards preclude changing this in the near future.  I would never think of marrying any woman who would debase herself enough to marry the likes of me.

This is not one of those lipstick jokes is it?  ::)

If Jesus is willing to come and abode with you, you are no longer such a low life, What is man afterall that our heavenly Father is mindful of him.

I myself strive to have faith that I will be at His marriage supper

You must have insomnia too....or are you just up this late keeping the oil in the lamp lit for the bridegroom  ;D ;D

beloved

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 08:12:33 AM »

I don't think I know the lipstick jokes.  Groucho Marx (I believe it was) said something like, "I would never join any club that would have me for a member."

I'll have to think about the rest of that, Beloved.  I also need a couple of hits of melatonin to get back to 'days'.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ricky

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 09:29:06 AM »

Thx. Dave, now I get it, married people need all the help they can get with the favor part, verse has nothing to do with me. Beloved if you see me at the wedding I will be the one cleaning the toliets if God allows dumb people in.    Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.