bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for our Health/Medical Experts Here  (Read 6049 times)

Vangie

Question for our Health/Medical Experts Here
« on: September 17, 2008, 10:45:24 AM »

You know how we've been learning of the alternative treatment that Ray's chosen and what a nightmare he's experiencing to rid his body of stored up toxins?   This has made me for one a lot more conscious of what kinds of stuff might be lurking in my own body fat.  :P

There's a TV commercial for some kind of foot pad thingys that you put on your feet at night to draw out toxins, and I happened to see a version of them at the drugstore.  Does anyone know if they work?

Also, a question for Beloved--how are you recovering/adapting after your surgery? 

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Douglas Wayne Thomas

Re: Question for our Health/Medical Experts Here
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 10:57:10 AM »

I have read several reports and all conclude that these products are a scam. http://hubpages.com/hub/foot_detox_pads  is one of many websites that explain why these things do not work. Save your money buy "fortune cookies" instead.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 12:07:11 PM »

Hi Vangie,

I too saw those foot pads on TV and it sounds great.  But I knew that nothing that was that quick and easy could really be that effective.

What I have come to believe after looking into so many different natural remedies and herbal treatments and not having someone like Dr. Setger to guide me.  That the best way for me to gain good health is to provide my body with the best nutrition from natural means.  Replacing the natural vitamins that is removed in processed foods does not give you the same nutrition.  I'm trying to eat a lot of the freshest fruits and veggies with the less amount of cooking. I believe that is best that I can do right now.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 12:10:25 PM »

Two men live different lives, one man eats cupcakes all day, drinks beer, takes drugs and does not exercise and dies at age 60.

The other man eats right, does not drink or takes drugs and exercises’ three times a week and dies at age 60.

The only difference is one live healthy the other did not. God numbers our days, say goodbye to a nightmare and be happy. 

In His Love Richard   :)

Kat

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 02:59:13 PM »

Hi Richard,

I get your point, of course God determines the length of our days.  And I realize that "nothing is unclean in itself" (Rom. 14:14).   But let us not mock God in knowingly eating a unhealthy diet.

1Co 6:19  Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit in you, whom you have of God? And you are not your own,
1Co 6:20  for you are bought with a price. Therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.

I do not think you can eat cupcakes all day and "glorify God in your body and in your spirit."  All I am saying is that you need to do best that you can and I don't believe we are ignorant to the nutritional value of something like cupcakes  :)

Now of course the spiritual is more important than the physical.  I rather be someone who ate cupcakes all day and was obedient to the Lord, than to be a passionate about eating healthy and not know Him.  I guess it all in how you look at it. 

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 06:24:51 PM »

I do not think you can eat cupcakes all day and "glorify God in your body and in your spirit"

Please, no, not the cupcakes! Oh well..., I guess I need to switch to Twinkies.

Vangie

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 06:39:37 PM »

I agree with ya'll that it is all in God's hands and he numbers our days for sure!  

On a less scriptural note, I was just looking for some practical advice on detoxing our bodies.  I had my gallbladder removed over 12 years ago, and wonder if there might be some stagnation (is that a word even  :o?) or maybe I should say toxic buildup.  I definitely agree with you Kat about trying to eat foods as close to their natural state as we can--I'm trying to eat healthier too.  Just looking to maybe try to combat some past abuse!

Cupcakes and Twinkies....mmmm, just a little bite please Dennis, and I'll just wash it down with light beer from Richard's fridge.   :D

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 06:40:48 PM by Vangie »

Linny

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 06:56:13 PM »

I also heard those footpads are a farce. I don't generally find too much truly good stuff in the mainstream.

If you want to clean out toxins, Kat is right. You first need to stop taking in as many and try to eat better, more live foods. You also can clean out the ones inside stored in your colon and intestines. We just finished a colon cleanse. We try to do one every year. 
I also try to do parasite cleanses. I think we'd be shocked to find out how many diseases, disorders, come from parasites.  :o My Grandma used to parasite cleanse her kids. We parasite cleanse our animals. Why did we ever stop doing ourselves?

Also, your skin is your number one toxin removal system. If you bathe in and moisturize with animal products, use products with mineral oils and Vaseline type stuff, then your pores are clogged up. Start using animal free stuff and your skin will be better able to help eliminate toxins.
Do you use antiperspirants? Bad stuff, especially for women. We need to allow our bodies to sweat. We use liquid mineral deodorants that are all natural. No aluminum.
Just a few ideas...

You know Richard, you are so right about your days being numbered. My Spiritual Mom Betty died at 61. She was the healthiest eating woman I've ever known. Taught classes in it as a matter of fact.
My dad died this year at 73. He was the unhealthiest man I've ever known by his own fault.
Betty's life was amazingly rich. She died at 4 am coming in from building her dream home. She served God all her days and when she left this earth too early, she left more people saddened than anyone I've ever known. She was such a blessing to so many.
My dad left this earth an angry and bitter man who had zero quality of life his last 15 years. His life choices made him bitter even though he blamed it on heredity and on God.
I think quality is important and I think we can work to have a better quality no matter how long we are given.

Lin

Samson

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 10:19:00 AM »

Two men live different lives, one man eats cupcakes all day, drinks beer, takes drugs and does not exercise and dies at age 60.

The other man eats right, does not drink or takes drugs and exercises’ three times a week and dies at age 60.

The only difference is one live healthy the other did not. God numbers our days, say goodbye to a nightmare and be happy. 

In His Love Richard   :)

Hello Richard,

Your point is very applicable in the realm of Bodybuilding. It's called superior genetics. They are the 1/10 of 1% of Mankind. When it comes to the " right " training, diet; etc, these guys would have had good results, no matter what training Philosophy they followed.

I've heard stories of guys that drank whiskey, ate poor nutritionally and they would maintain low body fat levels, six pack abs and 18" arms and here I am working out hard and intense for the better part of 20-25 years and will never have that 32" waist with no flab around the navel.

It doesn't seem fair, but God gave us all different abilities, talents, strengths, weaknesses, advantages and disadvantages.

Vangie--- It's funny you mentioned that foot pad treatment, we heard about that the other day, don't know all the intricacies about it. One thing I do know, the feet tell a person a story of health issues elsewhere in the body, something relating to the nerve endings and the different parts of the foot showing what might be wrong elsewhere(Reflexology). I personally knew a Reflexologist(Judy Mumford) and she showed me different areas on the bottom of a persons foot and how the nerve ending in that location is connected to other areas of the body and the massage of that particular part can help that other area of the Body.

Samson.

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 06:54:41 PM »

I just watched an interesting movie about this very subject. Turns out that what we eat is very bad for us, who'd have thought? The movie is called "World without cancer", and basically the message is that our modern diet is missing vitamin B17. With this vitamin added cancer can be kept off or even fought very efficiently. Seeds of apricot are very rich vitamin B17 sources. Might be worth checking out further.

Check out the movie here: http://worldwithoutcancer.org.uk/wwcvideo.html

God bless you all,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Longhorn

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 09:10:12 PM »

I have so many Toxins in my body I could swim 2 laps through a sewage treatment plant, then walk straight through a mushroom cloud from a nuclear blast and not even get so much as a sunburn.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Linny

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 09:32:18 PM »

Longhorn! :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Eirik, I haven't seen that one in particular but did read before about the apricot seeds having the really good nutrient and being so good for you. I can't remember exactly what I found now but I think it was very expensive to get.
My way of keeping cancer away (that I can afford-barely) is keeping the free radicals out (Microhydrin) and watching my pH levels. Staying away from high acidity also keeps cancer away. And the very best "medicine" IMO is your attitude. Bitterness and unforgiveness are great food for cancer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.