bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reconciliation  (Read 4264 times)

Richard D

Reconciliation
« on: September 13, 2008, 06:09:12 PM »

Being new with certain undeniable truths and having excepted as the Lords work through Ray Smiths papers as a result of the abundance of scriptures Ray had use in  presenting Gods Truths with most convincing arguments.

No longer desiring to continue in the great lie I had received from Christendom which I blame only myself for being seduce with fraudulent doctrine. They made heaven easily obtainable, Just ask Christ to forgive ones sins and ones destiny is secure. (Yeah Right )

I felt overwhelm the other day with my lack of understanding in comparison to Brothers and Sisters on this forum being able to produce various scriptures to prove a point.

While mediating in the things of the Lord I thought what profit is there if I knew every scripture written and yet did not do them?

Once I believed in eternal damnation ( The lie ) now I believe in the reconciliation of all things ( the truth )  having been set free from fears I wrestled with from early youth up.

Having understood in part Rays teaching on ( free will ) verses (will ) has expelled yet another lie.  Although I’m perplexes in this truth, I have clarity concerning the lie.

How does one reconcile in mind or soul  (spirit ) from offensives caused by another without further thought concerning the offence but rather consider only the person so as to have peace and love towards that person not regressing back towards the former feeling and remain steadfast in that decision?

Stevernator

Re: Reconciliation
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 06:44:39 PM »

Hey Richard,
I just wanna say I enjoy reading your energetic posts.
In response to your question perhaps this would be a useful scripture:

3Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

4And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

I think this is really great because it is the quickest way to restore a relationship. Because if you don't say anything then you may still have some resentment.

Also I found this from

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3719.0.html

He didn’t say, love God this way and love your neighbor, in the same way.
He said you love God (same Greek word agape/agapao), agape your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength and might.  Agapao your neighbor as yourself, whoopes what happened there, what happened there, that’s different.
Let’s assume you have nice neighbors, I have nice neighbors.
When we moved here our neighbors brought us a big bowl of cookies, and we share cups of sugar with our next door neighbor over here, Tammy.  But you could have a neighbor who is a wife beating, drug dealing, God hating, you know, monster for a neighbor.
Now, does God want you or tell you, that you have to love that wife beating, drug dealing monster, with all your heart, with all your mind and soul, does He tell us that?  NO, but I can see some self-righteous preacher giving a sermon saying, well yes you have to do this.  No you don’t.
Well, how are you suppose to love your neighbor?  As yourself.  You put yourself in the equation.
Oh well, I wish my neighbor would give me a million dollars, well then you have to give your neighbor a million dollars.  You got to love them as yourself.  But I don’t expect my neighbor to give me million dollars, or even ten dollars.  And for that reason I’m not going over this afternoon and give him ten dollars, can’t you see that.
But I might want to go over there and borrow his ladder, because I don’t have a long ladder.  Just like he comes over here and borrows some of my electrical drill stuff, and that’s good, it’s good we do that.  But if you don’t know what your talking about, you can get stupid with this.

So I think that you are showing love by rebuking someone for an offense because it shows you care about the relationship that much.

I don't really know if this is what you are asking for but hopefully it helps.

Richard D

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 10:55:39 PM »

Thanks stevernator, it does help very much but after I forgive I’m still experiencing difficulties with that decision. In other words I may have nothing on my mind then the memory of it comes back to me. Is that normal if one is spiritual?

Stevernator

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 12:27:12 AM »

Hmm if you are like me then you are still carnal and not completely spiritual yet. Deep wounds can take time to heal.
A while ago I got into an argument with someone close to me and the person said some really terrible things to me (in front of many people) that really angered me. I didn't let it out instead I let it seethe inside me. The person never apologized and I just kind of avoided the individual. The bitterness really ate me up. Well I was very angry for a long time but after months of time I was able to let it go and we are on good terms now.

I think these matters take time and the Spirit of God's grace to overcome.

Eph 6
 30And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Perhaps there are some of Ray's emails dealing with the topic.

PS I know what you mean about experiencing difficulties after the decision to forgive. It is very difficult to forgive from the heart and wounds can take time to heal.

gmik

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 02:31:45 PM »

Love them as an enemy.  Time is probably the best thing.

And even if one is "spiritual" we are still human ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.