bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: They Are Amazingly Blind !!!  (Read 6467 times)

Richard D

They Are Amazingly Blind !!!
« on: September 13, 2008, 07:16:42 PM »

I had to laugh as I received and answer from my former World Bible School teacher who wanted to know what my point was about man being made spiritually weak and still telling me he was not made weak even though I had given him many scriptures I received from this forum that are undoubtedly undeniable proofs that God made man spiritually weak.

I said to myself, the truth has set me free and he is still blind. Then I recalled that scripture where the Lord said (If the blind lead the blind both end up in the ditch) I said Lord, this is checkmate, I’m not going to except his teaching and neither will he except mine.

What can a Christian do? Are Christians to do anything? Should it even matter to a Christians? We either see or we don’t see. You tell me!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 07:45:38 PM by Richard D »

dewey

Re: They Are Amazingly Blind !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 07:49:48 PM »

Hi, Richard

Kick the dust from your feet.

Dewey

Kat

Re: They Are Amazingly So Bind !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 07:59:54 PM »

Hi Richard,

Yes it is a paradox.

Mat 13:13  This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
v. 14  With them indeed is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah which says: 'You shall indeed hear but never understand, and you shall indeed see but never perceive.
v. 15  For this people's heart has grown dull, and their ears are heavy of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should perceive with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and turn for me to heal them.'

So this age is not when the world will be judged (John 12:47).  It is for an experience in evil (Ecc. 1:13) or the human experience is to gain knowledge about this physical life.  This is the way the whole world is going now.  God has them blind and that will remain until their time comes, for most that will be in the white throne judgment.  The exception is that God has a few He is preparing for a special task.

Mat 13:16  But blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear.
v. 17  Truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

Indeed it is hard to believe that we may be in that very small group.  Being among the few does not guarantee you will be in the first resurrection, because you must be faithful and endure to the end.  But being here gives you that chance that very few in this age will ever have an opportunity for.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

dewey

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »

Hi, Kat

Just wanted to acknowledge and commend the post that you just made.  For what it's worth - good job, Kat.

Dewey & Paula

Richard D

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 10:27:44 PM »

Thanks Kat and Dewey I'm starting to see things in a different light. It’s just shocked me to show someone proof that can’t be defied and yet he denied it. Like I said its checkmate! It just makes me really thankful God is opening my eyes!  :)

Stevernator

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 02:10:27 AM »

Thanks Kat and Dewey I'm starting to see things in a different light. It’s just shocked me to show someone proof that can’t be defied and yet he denied it. Like I said its checkmate! It just makes me really thankful God is opening my eyes!  :)

Scary, lonely and exciting at the same time I bet, huh?

firefly77

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 01:05:38 PM »

Scary, lonely and exciting at the same time I bet, huh?

Just a little story that happened to me when God "chose" me... It happened about 22 years ago. It was a crisp fall day outside late in the afternoon. Below the old house I was living in was a river... I was watching a flock of ducks swimming down the river, except for one, it was swimming all by itself upstream. All of a sudden I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that my life as a follower of Christ would resemble this one duck. I used to think that the other ducks were an image of the world of unbelievers. However, in the meantime I know what this scene really represented. The flock of ducks were all the Christians in the church, and my life has never resembled the life of the majority of Christians... I was always on the outside looking in. I never felt like I was a part of any denominational or non-denominational Church, that's not how my spiritual walk is or ever will be. I used to grieve over my "separateness"... I don't anymore. God has always dealt differently with me than other people I personally know... why? I don't have a clue. It's a mystery for sure.

Here I have found my "flock" I can fellowship with... and I am so unbelievably grateful  :)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 06:14:11 PM »

Dear new friend Firefly,

It is our pleasure to welcome a young lady who has joined the flock that swims upstream.
As I am sure you have read already, there are many places to serve as a Christian without worrying about the particular fellowship you may be in.  God sees all that you do to serve Him and His children in need.

Please share your daily adventures and accomplishments so that we may enjoy them with you.

Warm regards, Indiana Bob    ;D

firefly77

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 07:34:35 PM »

Thank you for the warm "Welcome", Indiana Bob. It is nice to finally be a part of this forum  ;D
Sincerely, Firefly

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 11:24:44 PM »

I had to laugh as I received and answer from my former World Bible School teacher who wanted to know what my point was about man being made spiritually weak and still telling me he was not made weak even though I had given him many scriptures I received from this forum that are undoubtedly undeniable proofs that God made man spiritually weak.

I said to myself, the truth has set me free and he is still blind. Then I recalled that scripture where the Lord said (If the blind lead the blind both end up in the ditch) I said Lord, this is checkmate, I’m not going to except his teaching and neither will he except mine.

What can a Christian do? Are Christians to do anything? Should it even matter to a Christians? We either see or we don’t see. You tell me!

This reminds me of the story about a group of scientists who had figured out a way to create a man out of nothing. They called out to God to show him how smart they had become. The scientists had a meeting with God and told him their plan. God said OK show me how you are going to accomplish this feat. The lead scientist reached down and grabbed a handfull of dirt and began the process. God stopped the scientist and said, "first get your own dirt!"  8)

Samarnon

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 05:16:04 AM »

That's a good one Douglas! ;D

Joy :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.