bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for wife  (Read 5501 times)

Matt

Prayer for wife
« on: September 14, 2008, 03:53:25 AM »

As some here may already know, my wife does not believe anything taught by Ray.  I have been patiently waiting for God to open her eyes for the past few years.
Well, last night we were studying together, and the Lord began to work on her.
We were discussing passages in Jeremiah about Tophet, the Valley of Hinnom, etc...
That led right into Gehenna, hell, Lake of Fire, and I just happen to have a few reliable resources handy ;)

The Lord had me pull out the binders of all of the Lake of Fire series I printed out a few months ago.
Scripture after scripture, truth after truth, she began to agree with what I showed her.
There was very little of her usual resistance ;)  I just know that the Lord is working on her.
I still know that it will be a while until she comes to full revelation, but I just wanted to share with you all that it has begun! :)  We were up until 3 am!

Please pray for us,
Matt

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Prayer for wife
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 07:18:24 AM »

That's wonderful news.   :)

I pray God visits her dreams and waking mind and gives her sight and that your wait won't be much longer.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

rk12201960

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 08:21:21 AM »

Great news Matt!
Your prayers are in harmony with Gods will.
Enjoy your blessing brother. ;D

In Christ
Randy

Samson

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 08:53:16 AM »

Hello Matthew,

Really glad to hear that, it's really a wonderfull feeling when your mate begins to respond. You are perservering and have experienced training in learning patience in regards to your wifes acceptance of these truths and your viewing the gradual scale removal from her Spiritual eyes and when it now finally happened, only God foreknew when that day he planned would arrive.  :)

Kind Regards, Samson.

cherokee

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 10:26:18 AM »

Great News. ;)
Will pray the Lord contiues to give her eyes to see, ears to hear and a heart to understand.

And the LORD God said, It is not good(on this day) that the man(Matt) should be alone; I will make(open the eyes of his wife) him a help(aid) meet for him.

Peace,
Suzie

Linny

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 09:44:44 PM »

I am so excited for you Matt!  ;D

Lin

OBrenda

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »

That is Wonderful & Encouraging News...
Brenda
 ;D ;D

Matt

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 06:09:45 PM »

Thanks everyone for your prayers and encouraging words!
I have often thought, there is nothing in my life I would not endure in trade for our unity in the truth.
No debt too high, no sickness or tragedy too catastrophic, etc.. yes, I even gave a thought to Ananias and Sapphira before stating this ;)
Please pray for continued progress for her!
Matt

gmik

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 07:01:45 PM »

Oh Matt, that is wonderful.  3: AM  That is something!! Wow.  Try not to do what I try to do- pump 3 years of Ray's teachings into someone all at once ;) :D

I know you won't.  The Lord is working on her!!  Praise God.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 12:40:17 AM »

Dear Friend Matt,

It is such a blessing for us to have a partner with whom one can relax and let down our guard.
My wife is not to the state we on the chat are as yet, but there is no animosity and for that I am truly grateful.
We speak of these topics about once a month usually when she initiates the conversation and I often find that she understands more than I had realized.  Doris learns by hearing and through verbal communication so she doesn't study very much scripture, so I need to be careful about quoting anyone as she responds better to GOOD sense.  We generally discuss what the bible says as compared with what Ray Smith has said.  We see Christ as the source and the Bible as our guide and humans as channels for God's love toward His people.  So it works out that Ray has been a pretty good channel; wide and deep.

I know that you will be gentle with her and keep in mind that she may travel through some more valleys of understanding and struggle with the committment that may be required.  So, keep a soft voice and moderate your enthusiasm as best you can, this may take a while longer and challenge your wisdom even more.  Now that she is beginning to SEE she may be even more observant of your Servants Spirit in other phases of your daily life. What an opportunity for a young husband and father to learn how to serve with grace and balance and joy. 

May God bless all your efforts and grant you peace.

Bob

Sirach

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 06:51:10 AM »

Hi Matt,

Great news...it is such a blessing when a partner also has his or her eyes opened by God.

Robin

hebrewroots98

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 11:03:13 PM »

Matt,
that is GREAT NEWS!!!! ;D  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT WHEN I CAN STAY UP ALL NIGHT DISCUSSING (IN UNITY) GODS' WORD AND SECRETS!!  PRAISE GOD FOR YOUR WIFE'S BLINDERS BEING TAKEN SLOWLY OFF...AS LONG AS YOU ARE DOING YOUR PART AS THE HOLY SPIRIT GUIDES YOU INTO BEING THE SPIRITUAL COVERING THAT YOUR WIFE NEEDS, THEN YOU CAN ONLY SMILE AND REJOICE AT TIMES LIKE THIS....WHAT A WEIGHT LIFTED OFF OF YOU, I'M SURE. ;)  KEEP US INFORMED OF HER GROWTH TOGETHER WITH YOU.

BLESSINGDS,
SUSAN

WhoAmI

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 01:19:53 AM »

That is good news. What a load that will be off her. Glad you get to celebrate with her.

Jeff

OBrenda

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 01:40:59 PM »

Matthew,

If I may add some good news of my own.  My Daughter has just submitted to become a forum member!

She has always been such a blessing in my life,
Brenda
 ;D ;D ;D

gmik

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 08:55:26 PM »

Any news matt??

Matt

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 03:22:10 PM »

I just returned yesterday from a lengthy conference in VA.
There have not been any new breakthroughs to date.
However, she has told me that she is becoming more and more unsettled on the hell doctrine.
(mainly because it just does not make sense). 
For the first time, she is really searching for answers to the hard questions.  I think it has a lot to do with the length of time that I have held on to my convictions (and still be able to attend many of the functions such as bible studies, etc. of "Christianity" with her).

Life is so exciting once you realize that God IS Sovereign! :)

Brenda,
  I am glad to hear your good news!  Isn't it worth more than all the gold in the world :)

Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.