bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A nobody... speaking up.  (Read 6904 times)

Mc_Can

A nobody... speaking up.
« on: September 14, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »

I have been quietly reading and listening to these wonderful truths Ray has been pointing us to for a little over a year now.  One of Ray's latest emails made me sad.  Here it is:

Emailer:  "do you have anyone that will speak up on your behalf, that is a known person?"

Ray:  "NO, in fact, I don't have too many people willing to speak up for me that are totally unknown persons."

The internet is a wonderful and dreadful tool.  Its pretty clear that God intends its use to multiply knowledge in end times as spoken in Daniel.  It allows so many of us to read and listen and learn the truth from men like Ray.  However, when someone like Paul went into a city and taught he could look out over the crowd and see the faces of those who heard his message.  Paul could observe the light in a persons eye and the tears on their face as they were set free by the wonderful truths of God's love.  Ray sits at his computer and labors every bit as hard as Paul or Peter.  We hear the teaching of a wonderful servant of God and we smile and we cry and our lives are changed forever as God reaches into our hearts through the words of a loyal servant.  But Ray doesnt see the millions of smiling faces or hear the voices speaking thanks and praise to God for newfound love and freedom in Christ that has come through his words.  It must be very lonely most of the time.

I am an unknown person.  I speak up now for Ray Smith because is a wonderful and faithful servant of our Lord and Savior Jesus. 

Mike

iris

Re: A nobody... speaking up.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 01:46:43 PM »

I have been quietly reading and listening to these wonderful truths Ray has been pointing us to for a little over a year now.  One of Ray's latest emails made me sad.  Here it is:

Emailer:  "do you have anyone that will speak up on your behalf, that is a known person?"

Ray:  "NO, in fact, I don't have too many people willing to speak up for me that are totally unknown persons."

The internet is a wonderful and dreadful tool.  Its pretty clear that God intends its use to multiply knowledge in end times as spoken in Daniel.  It allows so many of us to read and listen and learn the truth from men like Ray.  However, when someone like Paul went into a city and taught he could look out over the crowd and see the faces of those who heard his message.  Paul could observe the light in a persons eye and the tears on their face as they were set free by the wonderful truths of God's love.  Ray sits at his computer and labors every bit as hard as Paul or Peter.  We hear the teaching of a wonderful servant of God and we smile and we cry and our lives are changed forever as God reaches into our hearts through the words of a loyal servant.  But Ray doesnt see the millions of smiling faces or hear the voices speaking thanks and praise to God for newfound love and freedom in Christ that has come through his words.  It must be very lonely most of the time.

I am an unknown person.  I speak up now for Ray Smith because is a wonderful and faithful servant of our Lord and Savior Jesus. 

Mike

Amen to that.

Iris

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 01:51:53 PM »

Yes it is only the "unknowns" that God is seeking,

Ray does not need the praises of men and neither should any believer

Beloved

gmik

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 02:26:24 PM »

Mike and Iris, I share that Amen.  Hopefully at Nashville we can convey a little of that love to Ray.

Beloved, and a big Amen to that too!

rsks

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 09:46:13 PM »

A second "nobody" speaking up.... Amen to your post!  My husband and I love Ray for his obedience to God more than Ray
will ever be aware of.  God is so good to all of us honoring us with His truths!  I bet Ray knows it's all worth it when he gets
just one email of sincere thanks for changing someone's heart.

My heart has been forever changed and my understanding of God's truth as revealed in the Bible will continue to soar to
the heavens until the day I die because of Ray's obedience.  Thank you all for your warm welcomes to my first post of
introduction!  Kelli

OBrenda

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 09:09:05 AM »

Amen & Amen

cherokee

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 09:58:19 AM »

A big Amen from another nobody and and one who mostly just lurks in the shadows.

Peace to all,
Suzie

Roy Coates

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 02:33:30 AM »

Amen!

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 02:41:50 AM »

:) :)

Samarnon

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 04:08:51 AM »

Another Amen from a nobody! 8) :D

Joy

Longhorn

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 05:09:14 PM »

My Dad always said I would be a nobody.....mabey I should call and thank him.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Robin

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 09:05:56 PM »

I laughed and I cried. I'm sure it saved my life. I could have never endured if I hadn't found Ray and all of you here.

Thank you Ray and thank you to all who are here.

...and a huge thank you to God who is the author of it all.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 09:25:39 PM »

Beautiful.

Great topic and responses!

Peace,

Joe

tinknocker

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 04:18:22 AM »

Hi Mike

Mike

I'm a little late on this post but I don't think Ray would see a lot of smiling faces if he was speaking to large religious crowds - I think they would probably stone him :(

tinknocker

Martinez

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 04:29:20 AM »

Amen brother!

And it won't be to long before it's some of us who are being sent out among the wolves with only the truth to keep us going too!

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 10:45:34 PM »

Hi everybody! waving frantically!!
Hi, Hi, Hi, can you see me, hellooooooo???

oh..........I guess am just another nobody ;)
all praise to God not men

Love this forum ;D
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

winner08

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 11:05:12 PM »

Thank you Ray from the top and bottom of a sinner's heart.

Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.