bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: to "overcome"?  (Read 4470 times)

Amrhrasach

to "overcome"?
« on: September 15, 2008, 01:32:07 PM »

http://bible-truths.com/lake7.html

“ALL OVERCOMERS RECEIVE ALL REWARDS”
“The whole book of Revelation is a book about the LIFE OF JESUS written for:
"He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To HIM [any individual member of the churches] that OVERCOMES will I give to eat of the tree of life" (Rev. 2:7). “

So I can be clear, what is it we are to “overcome”?  One thing?   Multiple things?

Does this mean that we are to “overcome”, or, come out of the Babylonian teachings?
(I would think yes, of course)

Does this mean we are to return to the truth?

Does this mean we are to have faith until the end?  To finish the race?

Does this mean we are to adhere to the truth?

All of these things?   And more?

Richard D

Re: to "overcome"?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 02:47:13 PM »

This is what I trying to understand. I say yes to all you’re questions but with me it’s much deeper than that. I’m just a newbie. This I do know, if I find I’m in the First resurrection I’ll know it had nothing to do with me, that’s for sure. Maybe that’s the answer!  :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 02:54:54 PM by Richard D »

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 03:09:58 PM »

I love this passage because for me it speaks of the various satgaes of maturity,

(1Jn 2:13) I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

(1Jn 2:14)  I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

(1Jn 2:15)  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
(1Jn 2:16)  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
(1Jn 2:17)  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.

When your eyes and ears are open you see truth for the first time like children we can be bewildered by it. You remember your first love but now are at a loss of what to do.

As you study and read His Word and learn about his Will you also learn overcome. This is ongoing.

When you have done this over and over like Ray and others you are beginning to know the Father like Christ knew him, but the battle still goes on because we are still flesh but they are now moslty skirmishes..

Each of us has to overcome those things which are our idols, not everyone has the same idols but all idols are to be avoided.....hence the ending of 1John

1Jn 5:21  Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

beloved

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 05:22:51 PM »

Beloved, this is excellent all these scriptures you put together, I learned much from it.
But are we to put these idols aside or are we to wait on God to put these aside. I need to know these things.

As I said I’m new with real truth. Maybe I have a few wires crossed from past teaching I received from the fake church of God. You know Christendom!

I just need to know what I’m suppose to do. Rays teachings excite me because I understand them and believe them also. Maybe it just takes time. Keep studying and keep moving on in His direction I guess.

I just wish I knew what to do now. Maybe that’s my problem.

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 06:09:09 PM »

only God can do the work

study the scriptures and the word ...sabbath it is not a day of the weak it is a state of REST.  Toatal reliance on God...the first commandment

(Mar 2:27)  And he said to them, `The sabbath for man was made, not man for the sabbath,   

This the YLT translation and it shows the grammar

We need to learn to take the "I" out of our sentances and put He or Him into them...

You do not have to know what to do....we do not do anything, he is doing all.
God's provisions means total rest for man.  Man wasn't made so he could have a day of rest...it is total rest that is needed.

This does not mean you stand there and act like a brainless robot, you observe and lean on the Spirit of truth and the Father to direct you...
Just remember that we being carnal and are not going to be perfect at this, that is why the Spirit of Christ is needed. He was able to do this in the flesh and He gives you the abilty to die to self and conquer that beast on the "I" throne.

This is why He tells us that endurance is needed,  man gets so frustrated because we are so GOAL oriented.., this intense need of self dominates our thinking. We love that tree of Good and Evil.

beloved

gmik

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 07:05:38 PM »

Richard, have you gone into the testimony section WWAAAAAYYYYY back and read some of our "older" members??  Joe and Falcon have good ones---well there aren't any bad testimonies.  Then follow these posters and see how they got thru what you are going thru right now.

Be Still and Know that I am the Lord. 

What is it you want to do???
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.