bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WELL WISHING AND KIND WORDS – NO! RAY NEEDS SOLID PROVISION!!  (Read 7592 times)

Paul P

WELL WISHING AND KIND WORDS – NO! RAY NEEDS SOLID PROVISION!!
« on: September 16, 2008, 12:13:53 PM »

Hello everybody,

Because of the extreme situation we have so suddenly find ourselves in, this will not be a standard-length posting. It is a one-off, the likes of which may never appear on this forum again  – a response to extraordinary circumstances.

As you all know, our dear brother Ray has recently received the most shattering news concerning the state of his health. Such terrible news has generated plentiful posts expressing affection, gratitude, shock, sadness and distress. It has been heart-warming – even quite emotional – to read through those posts. It brings us to realise the tremendous affect that the years of Ray’s dedicated toil has had on so many very deeply, grateful people.

They bring to my mind the thousands of emails sent to Ray over the years which have spoken delightfully of  the wonderful joy and freedom that an understanding of truth has brought to them. It has indeed proven the case that the truth shall make you free! These people do not just express simple thanks for what they have received – they speak of being  transformed forever……. truly life-changing affects!  The affect on them reminds me of the Lord speaking of His coming:

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.(Matthew 24:27)

Ray’s thousands of hours of dedicated toil have helped all of us wonderfully and forever……..but now, Ray could use a little help from us.

The efforts of one man have helped many forever. But now it is time for the efforts of the many to help the one man for a while.

It would be extremely beneficial at this time in particular for us to review the counsel of the Word of God concerning two things:

(1) our responsibility toward those in need [especially those of our own (spiritual) household].

(2) that verbal declarations of faith, well-wishing and other kind words are of no value without action.

If you genuinely want to know of your responsibility (and are prepared to act accordingly) toward our vulnerable brother in need, then carefully and thoughtfully consider the following:

But if any provide not for his own, and especially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
(1 Timothy 5: 8 )

Powerful words!!  We should consider the primary meaning here – which is the spiritual meaning.

What are the terms ‘his own’ and ‘his own house’ primarily referring to? We can let the words of the Lord Jesus Christ answer for us:

47  Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

48  But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

49  And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

50  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
(Matthew 12: 47-50)

So we can see that the primary meaning here is indeed spiritual – ‘his own’ and ‘his own house’ primarily refer to our brethren in Jesus Christ.

BROTHER RAY?

Do you think of Ray as a brother in Jesus Christ? Have you ever personally referred to him as such – in thought or deed? Have you ever nodded approval when others have done so?

If the answer to any of these three questions is ‘yes’, then you have owned Ray as a brother – a brother in Christ. Will you now DIS-own him when he is in particular need of our care and support? Will you fail to help to provide for him?

But if any provide not for his own, and especially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Denied the faith? Isn’t that a bit extreme?

The Lord Jesus Christ doesn’t seem to think so:

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
(Luke 6:46)

The Lord Jesus Christ teaches us that it is contradictory (and useless) to acknowledge Him through the words we speak whilst denying Him in the things we do – or fail to do.

There is just no getting away from the truth that no matter how rousing and vitriolic a verbal proclamation  of faith may be, without tangible deeds to witness to it, that professed faith is stone dead. There is no life in it. The ‘faith’ that is only evident through the spoken word is no faith at all – in fact it denies the true faith.

True faith is much more than easily spoken words – it is positive, visible and effective action!

14  What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15  If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16  And one of you SAY unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye GIVE THEM NOT those THINGS WHICH ARE NEEDFUL TO THE BODY; what doth it profit?

17  Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18  Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19  Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20  But wilt thou know, O VAIN MAN, that FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD?
(James 2: 14-20)

That is such rich, powerful, instructive and wonderful scripture! How precisely fitting to the current, needful circumstances we are involved in!  We should tremble!

I think verses 15 and 16 are particularly significant right now; what each of us will do or fail to do to actively contribute toward what is needful for Ray and his care.

If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,  And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

There is no shying away from the plain exhortation of this scripture.

If we find a brother or sister in genuine need yet all we offer is to wish them well whilst failing to provide any practical assistance, what use is that?

The answer is – it is no help whatsoever!

Remember, we are talking here of a brother of God’s household (of which you, reading this, also claim to be part) now being in great need of our help and support. So many of us who have greatly benefited from Ray’s toil have publicly poured out great and gushing expressions of gratitude for having so enormously gained. So many have expressed great joy and relief at their release from the prison of previously held false beliefs which held them captive for years – even a lifetime!

Are we that have gained so from Ray’s years of labour going to simply wish him well and not even lift so much as a finger in PRACTICAL, ONGOING ASSISTANCE?

Remember, faith that is merely spoken of is no faith at all. In these circumstances of immediate and genuine need,  all the well-wishing in the universe is entirely of no consequence.  Practical faith – faith in action is what is required. That is the true faith.

THOSE THAT SAY, BUT DON'T DO.

Be under no illusion; the Lord is very clear in His teaching – saying yet not doing is rank hypocrisy!

He answered and said unto them,  Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
(Mark 7:5)

We are all too often pleased to SPEAK right things – but much less willing to DO right things.

Noble thoughts and intentions simply are not enough!

These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, BUT their heart is far from Me.
(Matthew 15: 8 )

We suddenly find Ray vulnerable and need of practical assistance – our fine, well-intentioned words are pleasant on the ear, but of no practical use.

We do not need to provide him with luxury items – although we should earnestly desire and be pleased for Ray (and anybody else, for that matter) to have good things in abundance.

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
(3 John 1:2)

I am only calling for us to collectively provide what is needful for a vulnerable brother in his hour of need.

Now that this hour of great need has come upon him, will we shamelessly neglect his needs and abandon him to continue on just our well wishes and compliments?

Now, I know some have already given kindly – and that is wonderful.  I don’t know how many have given or how much. But I do know that provision is needed on an ONGOING basis.

Thanks be to God, Ray has been able to start his treatment. But what about next month.....the month after......and the month after that? I have been sorely troubled by concern over this.

It will not do to feed a hungry stomach this month only to abandon it to starvation next month. We must provide relief for as long as the need continues.

If just a proportion of the thousands who have written of their enormous gratitude for the fruits of Ray’s labour would unwaveringly commit to unfailingly contribute to his requirements each month, then no individual need be financially stretched.

INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS ACTING TOGETHER AS ONE BODY FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE WHOLE.

I understand that approximately 125 people will be attending the annual conference this month. Now, many of those attending will already be making monthly contributions to bible-truths. But, purely by way of illustration, suppose that 125 people each firmly pledged to contribute $20 per month toward Ray’s needs, then a monthly budget of $2,500 would be available to provide for Ray’s needs. 250 people contributing $10 dollars per month would produce the same sum.

We can play with the figures all we want but the point of this illustration is that a reasonable body of reliable people can comfortably provide Ray with the means to cover his treatment costs – and hopefully whatever additional things may be required along the way.

We are not talking about the provision of the luxury of a private airline here – or even anything as luxurious as a private skateboard!

We are talking of the fundamental necessities to fund Ray’s chosen treatment and unforeseen future requirements.

I am not suggesting that anybody should be deprived of basic needs nor the basic needs of their family. But I am fully convinced that of those that can afford to run computer-plus-monthly-internet-services there are not many (if any) that genuinely do not have the means to make a modest (monthly) contribution to help support the brother that has toiled long, hard hours for the spiritual benefit of so many.

29  Then the disciples, EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS ABILITY, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea:

30  Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul.

(Acts 11: 29-30)

Yes, the carnal mind does think to keep tight hold of money…..lest something happen and I myself be in need. There are many that are inclined to say “Of course I would really like to contribute something………BUT I really can’t afford to”.

As you’re reading this, reach down and place your hand on your midriff. Now, if you can pinch more than an inch of fatty tissue, I would guess that you can probably afford to help with Ray’s medical and daily needs! If things are hard, one less doughnut per day? One less burger? One less beer? Is every dime really so crucial? Or do you just want to be sure that there is as much as possible for self?

7  Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8  For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting (aionian).

9  And LET US NOT BE WEARY IN WELL DOING: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

10  AS WE HAVE therefore OPPORTUNITY, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

(Galatians 6: 7-10)

This is a wonderful opportunity to do good to a man who is of the household of faith! It would be a tragic waste not to take it!

God presents us with opportunities to do good which may not even be recognised as such. Nonetheless, there are those that take these opportunities without even realising they have done so:

37  Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40  And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

(Matthew 25: 37-40)

On the other hand, there are those who are presented with these wonderful opportunities to do good, but do not see them for what they are. They are so focused on looking after their own interests that they fail to see the needs of others – even when it is staring them in the face! Thus they miss the glorious opportunity to act according to the counsel of God’s Word (Love thy neighbour as thyself).

42  For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43  I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44  Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45  Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

(Matthew 25: 42-45)

Again, I will be bold and state unequivocally that there are exceptionally few that are in a position to read this internet-borne message that genuinely do not have even one dollar of spare income capacity in a month.

If the cost of your mortgage or rent were to suddenly be increased by $20 per month, would you really have to move immediately to a more modest place? Would an overall increase of $20 in your total monthly outgoings really result in your ruin?

I think that most people would not have too much difficulty in finding some way to accommodate such an increase in their outgoings. More often than not, it is simply a question of motivation - where our real desire dwells.

No, for the most part, I think that when people say that they "just can’t afford to help", what they really mean is that they would prefer to keep any money they have for their own personal use (although I do acknowledge that there are those in this world that genuinely do not have enough to meet their own basic needs).

TIME TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE NEEDS OF OUR DEAR BROTHER - LIKE IT OR NOT!.

To my knowledge, Ray has never once asked for money for his service in ministering to so many. Think about it for a minute: why should a man who has put in thousands of hours of toil for our spiritual benefit ever have been left to scrape by on Social Security in the first place?

9  For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn.  Doth God take care for oxen?

10  Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.

11  IF WE HAVE SOWN UNTO YOU SPIRITUAL THINGS, IS IT A GREAT THING IF WE SHALL REAP YOUR CARNAL THINGS?

12  If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.

13  DO YE NOT KNOW THAT THEY WHICH MINISTER ABOUT HOLY THINGS LIVE OF THE THINGS OF THE TEMPLE? AND THEY WHICH WAIT AT THE ALTAR ARE PARTAKERS WITH THE ALTAR?

14  EVEN SO HATH THE LORD ORDAINED THAT THEY WHICH PREACH THE GOSPEL SHOULD LIVE OF THE GOSPEL.

(1 Corinthians 9: 7-14)

As I said earlier, Ray and his wife have been living off Social Security even though they have been ministering to our needs. According to the Word of God, we should all have been contributing to their daily needs all along.

Those of us who have neglected to contribute to their needs whilst benefiting from their ministry have failed in our duty. Sadly, it is now done and we cannot change it.

But can not so many of us who have so wonderfully benefited (forever) from Ray’s toil and patience now pull together to faithfully provide in his moment (relative to forever) of need?

Will we (as a body) be careless of providing him of what is needful? Has he not got enough pressing concerns at this very trying time without having to think of how he might be able to fund his needs?

It is shameful and even disgraceful to think that members of the body of Christ might fail to provide sufficient, practical, ongoing assistance to help ease Ray’s current hardship. Will the hand not put food to the mouth? Will the mouth withhold from the hungry stomach? Will the stomach fail to supply the intestines? Failure in these things would not edify the body but only weaken it. The whole body would eventually suffer harm.

Let us act as a body in helping and caring for Ray. Let us love him after a Godly manner – as the Lord loves all:

20  If a man say,  I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

21  And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

(1 John 4: 20-21)

Yes, it is true that we are not yet perfect – but as a body, we are more than able in this Godly duty. After all, it is the will of God that we replicate His love.

Can you really not find some small means to help?

ONGOING - EVEN INCREASING NEEDS?

If we concern ourselves to provide for the needs of a man this month, we should be as concerned to provide for his need next month. What is the point of feeding his hunger this month and then abandoning him to starvation next month? The truth is, we should be concerned to provide for his need as long as he remains in need.

I have said it before but I will say it again; It is vital for us to be sure to remember that Ray’s needs are ongoing………he needs provision month-in, month-out – WITHOUT FAIL

Please don’t be spurred to action in the passion of the moment only to become fainthearted later – perhaps beginning to think after a few months that you have done your bit…….that you have other things to do with ‘your’ money (remembering also that ‘your’ money is also the provision of God ).

The desperate plight of a brother we hold very dearly has brought us to consider here the most relevant counsel of God through reviewing our consideration of the Word of God.

BE STEADFAST; BE FAITHFUL; BE TRUSTWORTHY.

If you are able to start contributing, be faithful! Do not faint after a short while. There are those who are accepting of the Word of God at first only to return to later start thinking again on the things of the world:

And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
(Mark 4:19)

THE VANITY OF SPEAKING WITHOUT ACTION - THE VANITY OF HEARING WITHOUT ACTION.

As it is vanity to speak the Word of God and of right things yet fail to act accordingly, likewise it is vanity to hear the Word of God and of right things yet fail to act accordingly.

16  Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

17  BUT WHOSO HATH THIS WORLD’S GOOD, AND SEETH HIS BROTHER HAVE NEED, AND SHUTTETH UP HIS BOWELS OF COMPASSION FROM HIM, HOW DWELLETH THE LOVE OF GOD IN HIM?

18  MY LITTLE CHILDREN, LET US NOT LOVE IN WORD, NEITHER IN TONGUE; BUT IN DEED AND IN TRUTH.

19  And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

(1 John 3: 15-19).

I am first in – a friend of mine is second. How many will join us?

Perhaps the Moderators will help co-ordinate things?

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: WELL WISHING AND KIND WORDS – NO! RAY NEEDS SOLID PROVISION!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 01:22:55 PM »

If anyone wants to help Ray with his expenses please send it directly to, and made out to him.

Ray Smith
5052 Government Blvd
Mobile, AL  36693

Thanks,

Dennis
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 01:40:31 PM »

Matthew 6
Giving to the Needy

1 "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' in front of others, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 01:56:23 PM »

Hi PAUL,

Is there a paypal account we can use??

Obrenda, was that really called for??

God Bless
Sansmile
Walk in the Spirit

Matt

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 02:35:02 PM »

Understood  :)
This topic has been addressed by Dennis at the top of General Discussions "If you are able to help Ray".
This should not turn into a battle of scriptures.

Matt

OBrenda

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 04:46:26 PM »

I don't know Paul P.

But it is not my intention to cause strife with a man who clearly cares for Ray.
I was merely adding a P.S. concerning giving.  I made no comment!
I have been studying this Scripture for the last few Days. So it was very heavy inside me.
If I came off prideful I ask your forgiveness.
Ray needs all the support he can, and I extend a warm welcome to any man who joins all of us here in our affection for Ray.

With Humility,
Brenda

Matt

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 05:26:47 PM »

Brenda,
  No apology necessary :) It is a good reminder.  I wasn't singeling out anyone, just trying to prevent any temptation others might have to make a big deal of this ;)  I have seen this happen in the past and it was always pointless.

Anyway, I could probably pinch more than an inch or two (I hate donuts) :D

Matt

gmik

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 07:32:18 PM »

I understand (I think) what Brenda was meaning.  We can contribute to Ray, privately by sending to his address, giving at the conference, joining up w/ Brother Paul, pm'ing the mods  WITHOUT telling the forum about it.   

Paul, we do not know you, but I read your entire post w/o feeling put down or anything like that....we all need a reminder/rebuke once in awhile.  and you know what???   You are spot on!!!!

Ray taught us that the tithe is not for us BUT  I know for awhile its like I didn't want to give ANY money away.

We know how the Babylonian pastors (many of them at least) live and it is very high on the hog-even vulgar......But

we know Ray does not live like this.  The burden on him to travel and put on this conference is a lot. He tirelessly has been working on his papers- all w/ knowing he has cancer and being in pain!!

Good Lord folks--did we need an admonition????  HELP A BROTHER OUT!!!!!!!

(ooooohhhh maybe this forum is a big scam and Ray isn't ill and he is living in Cancun sipping Margareta's waiting for his next gazillion dollar pay check)

Sorry, but I am in a mood :P :o :'(

eggi

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 08:06:06 PM »

;D

Gena that was really funny!!! - on the other hand - I agree with the rest.

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

EKnight

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 09:34:16 PM »

Just a thought. 

I regularly send my sister money for the benefit of my mother (as do my brothers and sisters) and I do it via my bill pay account with my bank.  I just put in her name and address as the recipient and it automatically comes out of my account on a designated day every month.  The bank issues a check in her name and mails it to her.
So if nothing can be set up here on BT maybe, those of us that have free bill, can do it this way.

Eileen

dewey

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 11:47:40 PM »

About 2 mo ago i was watching tv , paula white came on and she had this blond long haired preacher preach on her behalf. He was the best beggar that i had heard in a long time ,I belive his name was murry or murphy , im not sure. But he put on quite a show. He used the same scriptures that paul p uses to make people feel obligated to send money, I know of some people that dont have a bucket to p--- in or a window to throw it out of . Yet now because of my introducing them to BT.COM , at least one of these people feels so commanded to give, because of the scriptures used that she [80something years young] has nothing to send , and she wept.
     I  thought Dennis Vogel did agood job when he asked and gave the address to where a gift could be sent . That in my opion was good .
   Love yuans     dewey

WhoAmI

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 04:38:07 AM »

I don't know Paul P.

But it is not my intention to cause strife with a man who clearly cares for Ray.
I was merely adding a P.S. concerning giving.  I made no comment!
I have been studying this Scripture for the last few Days. So it was very heavy inside me.
If I came off prideful I ask your forgiveness.
Ray needs all the support he can, and I extend a warm welcome to any man who joins all of us here in our affection for Ray.

Brenda

[/quot

Your post was fine. Your right, you made no comment. The conflict is only in the carnal mind. So you quoting what you did was in perfect harmony with the other scriptures quoted. When I read your scriptures you quoted I was reminded to keep the business of helping others quiet and not to boast of what YOU/WE/ME have done.

Jeff

tebza4jesus

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 06:05:57 AM »

We are all too often pleased to SPEAK right things – but much less willing to DO right things.

Speak RIGHT things? Do RIGHT things?

I shudder eveytime I hear anyone using that word, RIGHT, for I wonder, What does that mean? I mean is it not true that what is right to you may not be right to me? Does not the true meaning of the word RIGHT only have a definite meaning when we know what the LORD wants/will/expects?

I believe Paul P send this post out of LOVE for Brother Ray (yes, Brother Ray from the same household I claim to be part of), but could it not be that the LORD has laid this in Paul P's heart so that Paul P and maybe Paul P alone, may do something about it without including others in it?

Giving is a good thing, for if done from the heart, it reveals LOVE (no doubt about that) FOR GOD SO LOVED... THAT HE GAVE...But I ask, shouldn't this giving be laid in my heart by God Himself? Will it be RIGHT before God's eyes if I give simply because everybody else around me is giving, or because I am trying to prove that indeed I am part of this household or because I am trying so desperately to show my LOVE to Brother Ray or maybe even worse, give simply because I feel guilty after reading Paul P's post? Will the LORD be impressed by the ACTION without considering the MOTIVE?

Right? What is RIGHT in my case? Giving to my Brother Ray, whom I love and am grateful for all I learnt, not from him, but from God through him, or give to the person whom the LORD has laid in my heart? What is RIGHT?

King David once thought of doing something he thought was right (building the TEMPLE), but was he right? NO, for it was not God's will that the temple be build by David but rather his son, Solomon.

I suggest (in fact, I command out of love) that every single person whom the LORD is leading to contribute financially to Brother Ray, should do likewise; that those whom the LORD has put in their heart to pray, well-wish or whatever else the LORD has laid in their heart to do for Brother Ray, should also all do the same.

Let each give according to what he/she has received from the LORD for afterall, we can only give that which we have been given. And yes, let not your right hand know what your left hand is up to.

I am first in – a friend of mine is second. How many will join us?

Did I need to know? If I am the right hand, did I need to know what my left hand is doing, somewhere out there?

Paul P, is good that you are giving to Brother Ray (being the first in) and I am also glad that your friend is second (provided his/her reasons are TRUE); and I am sure you are doing it out of love, for if not, then you have already received your reward.

But, I suggest, put no pressure, whatsoever, upon anyone to follow suit, but let everyone's giving be from the heart, led by God Himself.

With love,
Tebogo 

Heidi

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 07:20:35 AM »

Falconn003, thank you for your post.  God has blessed you with wisdom....same to you tebza4jesus. 

Love
Heidi

Paul P

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 07:26:26 AM »

Hello all,

I wanted to add to my post some ways in which contributions could be sent.

However, I had slightly exceeded the maximum post-size (surprise! surprise!) and had already had to take out a word here-and-there in order to get back within the limit.

So, I an grateful to those who have pointed out a few ways in which contributions can be sent.

‘Dave in Tenn’ reminded us of Dennis Vogel’s original post (the initial prompt for me to write) which told us we could send a cheque to:
Ray Smith,  5052 Government Blvd, Mobile, AL, 36693.

'Sansmile' asked if there was a Paypal account we can send to. Good question! I am in Europe and so sending cheques would be slow and could present difficulties. Paypal is quick and easy. The account to send contributions to is:   support@bible-truths.com

'Gmik' pointed out another couple of ways: Giving at the conference (although that cannot be done monthly) and sending a private message through to the moderators.

'EKnight' suggested a very efficient method: an automatic transfer each month on a set day through her bill pay account at the bank. I particularly like that because it is automatic and you don’t have to remember to do it every month!

This all reminded me of another method (which I have used for other things in the past). The ‘Western Union’ money transfer system. You would likely find that your local Post Office, general store, gas station etc might be an agent (they will have a big yellow sticker in the window). They seem to be everywhere! You take the money you want to send, give them your details and those of the recipient. The recipient can pick up the money at a local Western Union within 20 minutes! However, they do charge……you should ask in advance what your transaction would cost.

I would like to make the point that my post was not directed exclusively to members of the forum. If anything, I suppose it was directed more so at others. I know that there are a good many people that regularly visit the BT forum without ever registering or posting.

That is why I made several mentions of the thousands that have been helped by visiting bible-truths as well as the thousands of emails sent to Ray over the years.  Relatively few of these are forum members. There are not thousands and thousands of BT forum members.

Because those thousands do not register and contribute does not mean they do not visit and read!  I myself have been reading everything in the ‘emails to Ray’ section for the last 3-4 years and ‘dip-in’ to other sections periodically.

Also, I seem to have put some under the impression that I advocate contributors should proclaim their giving from the rooftops. I am sorry if I somehow gave that idea  – it was not meant!

Believe me, I am acutely aware that scripture teaches that God commends and rewards those good deeds (not just giving) which are done in secret (ie kept secret between Him and us) - in other words, that we are not to 'boast' of good works done in His name.

I am guessing here, but I can only assume that I might have given that impression because I wound up my post by saying “I am first in – a friend of mine is second. How many will join us?”

This was only said in the hope that it might be a means of instilling momentum straight off the back of the post.

I was certainly not proposing that some sort of list be made of who is contributing; and how much!

I would also like to make it clear that I was neither boasting nor shouting from the rooftops of any ‘good’ deed I might have done or be about to do.

On the first point, there is nothing to boast of, because it is God that moves us to any good works.

On the second point, surely I was giving away no secret by saying ‘I am first in’.

I think you would all agree, it would be a very odd thing indeed if I were to write such a long, precise and direct exhortation to contribute whilst not doing so myself!!!!!!

Now that really would be the mother of all hypocrisy!

So you see, there has been no boasting and no shouting from the rooftops on my part and I am certanly not encouraing anybody else to do so.

I MAILED MY POST. MAYBE GOD USED ME?

We know that God does use men to carry out his purposes.

Once, He even conveyed a message by making a mule speak!

If He can convey a message through a mule, maybe.....just maybe....He could even convey one through me??

IF MY POST SPOKE TO YOU - GREAT!

IF IT DIDN'T - JUST IGNORE IT!

Either way, please don’t bother to endlessly analyse it!

That only serves to weaken and distract from the message.

I did what I believe I was led of God to do and that is the end of it.

I SUGGEST THAT IF YOU HAVE ANY HESITANCY WHATSOEVER ABOUT CONTRIBUTING, DON'T GRUMBLE AND SEARCH FOR FAULT, JUST DON'T CONTRIBUTE!

If a person gives grudgingly, it is a stench in God’s nostrils.

Give from the heart or don’t give at all.

No further discussion or analysis needed!

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
(2 Corinthians 9:7)

firefly77

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 11:21:44 AM »

If a person gives grudgingly, it is a stench in God’s nostrils.

Give from the heart or don’t give at all.

No further discussion or analysis needed!

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
(2 Corinthians 9:7)

I think this pretty much sums it up... I get this big lump in my throat when people start arguing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 11:23:09 AM by firefly77 »

gmik

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 07:27:21 PM »

Thanks Paul!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.