bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/3 of the Rivers, trees and grass  (Read 3459 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
1/3 of the Rivers, trees and grass
« on: September 16, 2008, 02:48:18 PM »

I'm beginning to understand by experience this incremental destruction of the flesh.  For most of the past few months since coming to B-T, sin has been melting away in the joy of discovery and the renewal of mind, life and love.  Lately, I've been resting in that...complacent? maybe...but mostly just digesting and learning how to walk again after so many years of paralysis.  I haven't been reading as much, and it hasn't necessarily been a bad thing.

But the pull of God on me now is get back into the Word and test these old legs.  A lot of things have come up in the forum lately that humble me and I know the old man is in for a hard time, praise God.

It's been about four wonderful months.  Does that sound about right to you oldbies?

Anyways, this is part testimony and part prayer request.  Spit a short one out for me if you care to. 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

Re: 1/3 of the Rivers, trees and grass
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 05:54:28 PM »

Hi Dave,

Indeed that does sound about right  :) 
I been coming to BT for almost 3 yrs now and I still feel the wonderment of it all.  I'm always eager to learn that next bit of truth that is sure to come from studying here.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

AK4

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 09:28:29 AM »

I here ya Dave,

I remember back when i first came (about mid July i think) to the forum and i was struggling with the commandment "if your eye causes you to sin gouge it out". It was so hard at first, but  just the other day (i guess through the whole process i had forgot i was even fighting this sin) i realise how easy it is now.  Praise God.

Everything you put in your post i am experiencing too.   May the Father keep dragging us along---i think this time we are not kicking and screaming and fighting Him though ;)

Anthony

Stevernator

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 03:43:08 AM »

Amen! I have been struggling with the lust of the flesh but it is so helpful to walk in the spirit and stay in the word. When scripture and prayer becomes part of daily life, sinful desires start to gradually fade away. I still have some things to be worked through but please pray that I continue to grow in the spirit. I definately will say a prayer for you Dave.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.