bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: unconventional tourist in New York city  (Read 6300 times)

acomplishedartis

unconventional tourist in New York city
« on: September 17, 2008, 02:15:40 AM »

Is there anyone who lives in New York city that is trying to overcome?

Since around 5 years ago i have been eating truths, I started reading just in that time when i was about to finishing high school and there is so many existential questions that the church was not able to answer but with lies and deception.
For the next few years, i had the opportunity to live between USA and Mexico witch had lead me to a place where i am learning hard to be okay with what I have and where economical status means very little to me, because we are all going to be okay at the end.

I have spent in Mexico the last year and a half, working much in studding and in a few art projects at my parent’s house. 3 weeks ago i decide to move on since i am already getting old enough and because they used to think that i was just very confused and wrong with my believes.

I find my self now temporary in Brooklyn, trying to focusing hard and don't loose hope, I wonder if there is anyone around here that need somebody to listen to him or need encourage.

Thanks everybody to listen me and even if there is nobody around, i am glad for this forum.

moises     

WhoAmI

Re: unconventional tourist in New York city
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 04:46:48 AM »

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. Have hope and continue on. Look forward to hearing from you more.

Jeff

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 10:32:32 AM »

I'm not in NY, but trying to overcome also.

In our Spirits we are all connected as a family in this forum to encourage one another. 
Hope you find a "BT Buddy" where you are in NY.
 ;D ;D ;D
Brenda

youthfortruth

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 05:37:54 PM »

Is there anyone who lives in New York city that is trying to overcome?

Since around 5 years ago i have been eating truths, I started reading just in that time when i was about to finishing high school and there is so many existential questions that the church was not able to answer but with lies and deception.
For the next few years, i had the opportunity to live between USA and Mexico witch had lead me to a place where i am learning hard to be okay with what I have and where economical status means very little to me, because we are all going to be okay at the end.

I have spent in Mexico the last year and a half, working much in studding and in a few art projects at my parent’s house. 3 weeks ago i decide to move on since i am already getting old enough and because they used to think that i was just very confused and wrong with my believes.

I find my self now temporary in Brooklyn, trying to focusing hard and don't loose hope, I wonder if there is anyone around here that need somebody to listen to him or need encourage.

Thanks everybody to listen me and even if there is nobody around, i am glad for this forum.

moises     

Hey Mosis!

So your the mystery man on my Myspace account!

I was saddened to hear the struggles your going through. I live 3 hours away in Binghamton, but I have an understanding of what it's like to be stuck in a parent predicament. In my days of severe OCD, I was forced to leave home and be placed in a grouphome meant to house boys with anger issues and things of that sort. Little did I know I was the first OCD client they were to deal with. As hellish as it was, I have no regrets. I saw assaults on staff, vandalism, screaming, shouting, you name it. Despite this, it made me a stronger, better person.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, from one New Yorker to another!! Allow me to share a quote in closing:

"Don't tell God how big the storm is. Tell the storm how big your God is"

- Andrew

EKnight

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 07:49:41 PM »

Mind if I ask what you are doing in Brooklyn?  I mean, that's an expensive place to live.  I ought to know since I had to pay security deposits on three apartments in Brooklyn for my son.  He sorta got kicked out of all three apartments and is now home again. 

Also, is your avatar artwork of yours?  Lots of artists in Brooklyn.

Eileen

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 10:12:38 AM »

You know what they say.  "If you can make it there, you'll make it anywhere..."   :D

Never mind Brooklyn...just hanging out with musicians is throwing yourself into the wheels of the machine.   ;D

I pray God meets all your needs.  And just between you and me, I envy you your life.  It sounds exciting.  Be good, do good.

If you are coming through Tennessee on your way back to Mexico, maybe we can hook up.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

EKnight

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 09:29:19 PM »

You are a great artist.  I hope you plan to use your gifts somehow.

Eileen

Galvez

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 11:23:28 PM »

hey brother... hold on...
Tengo una frase: Truth without love kills, love without truth lies _ Eberhart Arnold

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 02:46:18 AM »

ola moises,
i continue to pray for your and your job situation. i also pray that if you are to stay in nyc for the winter that you will stay warm, well, and that you continue to look to your Father for all your needs. as you know already, there is only one Saviour worth having.

tu amigo,
claudia

p.s.  i listened to the youtube music you pm'd me. it was very very good.

OBrenda

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 09:49:08 AM »

Yes Moises,

I agree that there exists a world more real than the the one we are experiencing right now through our 5 senses.
The world believes they are at war with a particular group of people flesh/blood.  We know the real war is the battle with the beast within.  We are a peculiar people, we know we should love, when others believe it is right to hate.

We put our hope in what can not be seen with eyes of flesh.  I add my prayers & support to Claudia's.....

Keep Sharing,
Brenda

Marlene

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 11:55:26 PM »

Moises, I will keep you in my prayers. Your art is beautiful. You also seem to be a very smart young man. Most young people would be looking at the position to make them rich. You are rich in spirtual things. Nothing compares to that. O'Brenda is right we are a peculiar people and the battle is within us. I am from Ohio. I do not know of anyone from New York. But, if you ever need to talk you can instant message me.

In His Love,
Marlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.