bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Blind?  (Read 13753 times)

hillsbororiver

Blind?
« on: September 18, 2008, 11:55:26 AM »

Lately I have been thinking about how "the blind" or blind are portrayed in scripture and how might it apply to us, we all have been (spiritually) blind and we all still have (spiritual) blind sides, things we still cannot see.

However, we can neither blame ourselves or blame others for this as this is the condition we were born into, God has deemed it necessary that everyone should have this experience, not in the physical but most definitely in regard to spiritual things, it is interesting that the apostles/disciples did not recognize this in themselves when asking Jesus about the blind man here;

Joh 9:1  And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

Joh 9:2  And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind

Joh 9:3  Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

Here are also a couple witnesses from the OT;   

Exo 4:11  And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

But here we also have this promise of correction, "that the works of God be made manifest."

Isa 42:16  And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

We can neither take credit for or assign blame to our own or anyone else's spiritual sight, God gives it and God takes it away, if we have been blessed with this hunger and thirst for His Word, His Truth then that is the spiritual blindness which has begun to be healed.

The constant and consistant quest for wisdom, for knowledge is not within us of ourselves it is His healing power that inspires any of us to seek more Light and not be complacent with where we presently are. We tend to annoy those who are complacent when we seek and search for more, not contenting ourselves with the doctrines of men.

I thought of this condition, the blind man (men in Matthew Chapter 20) who would not be silenced, who continued to cry out to the Lord even after the multitude rebuked him and told him to hold his peace, could this be a type/shadow of His elect.

Luk 18:34  And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

I found it extremely interesting that the verse above immediately preceeded the following;

Luk 18:35  And it came to pass, that as he was come nigh unto Jericho, a certain blind man sat by the way side begging:

Luk 18:36  And hearing the multitude pass by, he asked what it meant.

Luk 18:37  And they told him, that Jesus of Nazareth passeth by.

Luk 18:38  And he cried, saying, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.

Luk 18:39  And they which went before rebuked him, that he should hold his peace: but he cried so much the more, Thou son of David, have mercy on me.

Luk 18:40  And Jesus stood, and commanded him to be brought unto him: and when he was come near, he asked him,

Luk 18:41  Saying, What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee? And he said, Lord, that I may receive my sight.

Luk 18:42  And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.

Luk 18:43  And immediately he received his sight and followed him, glorifying God: and all the people, when they saw it, gave praise unto God.

Can you relate to this?

Peace,

Joe

OBrenda

Re: Blind?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 12:30:27 PM »

Joe,

Would you mind if I copied this and sent it to a friend of mine?

This is really good & will help a situation...[not to mention me]  ;)

Thanks,
Brenda

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 12:48:38 PM »

Hi Brenda,

I wouldn't mind at all! 

Thank you,

Joe

Kat

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 01:17:40 PM »

Hi Joe,

Thank you, that was put together so well.  It is true we all are blind until God drags us to Him and removes that blindness.  It is certainly not something we choose or have any control over.

It is interesting that God showed Paul his spiritual blindness in a physical way and then removed both the physical blindness and the spiritual blindness from him at the same time.

Act 9:3  As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven.
v. 4  Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?"

Act 9:8  Then Saul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus.
v. 9  And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

Act 9:15  But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.
v. 16  For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake."
v. 17  And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."
v. 18  Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once;

When I first started reading BT it truly was as if "suddenly a light shone around him (me) from heaven."  Of course not as dramatic as what happened to Paul, but the same results "Immediately there fell from his (my) eyes something like scales, and he (I) received his (my) sight at once."  Glory to God who makes the blind to see!

mercy, peace and love
Kat

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 01:43:04 PM »

Great post Joe.  :)

I can relate as I am still having many truths revealed to me all the time. Also, when speaking with one that is totally spiritually blind, it's almost as if I'm speaking a different language. I also find myself speaking in parables somewhat.

Like, I was speaking with my mother (devoted Christian) and she wondered why I sounded so strong when speaking against the doctrines of the Christian church. I told her how Jesus spoke of the religous leaders of his time like that as well. Well she then says that he only spoke to the Scribes and Pharisess that way and not his disciples. I told her "EXACTLY! That's how I speak about the modern day Pharisees of our time." She of course considers herself and other followers that she knows as disciples while at the same time believing in all kinds of Babylonian doctrines.

It is amazing how blind the members of Babylon can be! When I first had the spiritual scales pulled from my eyes, I saw that for all that time in the church, I had been SAUL. That was a very humbling experience. I tried to tell my mother the same, but does not see it that way in herself.

It's funny because everyone from Babylon believes they can 'see' just fine; just like Saul. It's only after the scales are removed that one realizes (1) What it means to be blind [knowledge of evil] and (2) What is means to SEE [knowledge of good].

God is awesome and amazing when it comes to putting a plan together.  ;D

Thanks,

Marques

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 02:04:49 PM »

It's beautiful the way God laid out the story of the Blind man in Luke directly after the parables and 18:34, making it another parable for us. 

I don't think I'll stop marvelling at how quickly and miraculously God gave me eyes to see, but it's important to remember just what you said, Joe.  In my case, 51 years of blindness by the will of God.

I must admit to being one that has blind-spots still, though.  I thank the Lord that He is not finished yet, remembering that even Paul had things to learn after the road to Damascus as Kat shared from Acts 9:16  "For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake."

Thanks ya'll. 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Richard D

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 03:21:15 PM »

Joe, Words have not the ability as to express what I understood from you’re post. I now know when the mountains are removed from my life and the valleys made smoothed so as I can see no obstacles in my life, that’s when Jesus will show me the deeper things within me that needs to be removed.

I also would like to thank you for that link to (How hard is it to get saved) it’s was humbling. I’ am but a tiny particle in a huge universe made by our God. With all my imperfections, fears and anxiety’s I can think of no other forum as this that I can receive God’s blessings, understanding and love as I have found here.  :)

Thank you. In His Love, Your friend and brother Richard.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 03:25:17 PM by Richard D »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 03:55:15 PM »

we can neither blame ourselves or blame others
[/color]

I know what you mean Joe and you state this correctly that in truth we can NOT blame others yet we DO blame ourselves and others until we SEE that NO ONE has free will including ourselves, THEN only can we start to see that all is of God! It is very very difficult to see that. It is much easier to be blind and led by the multitudes.

I like that the blind man was not influenced by the multitudes but shouted even louder when told to keep quiet. He could see what the multitudes could not see and he was the one who received the miracle!

Pretty interesting.

Thank you

Arc.

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 04:04:10 PM »

Thank you Joe,

That was my condition for many years, even after i know i was made to turn around over 25 years ago.
I once was blind but now i see a little bit, (Truly Amazing IS HIS GRACE TOWARDS US) while we are yet sinners.
I am so happy now everyday since i first got the difference between (Aions and Eternity or Eternal and Judgement in the LOF).
My knees are bowed now and i confess (That JESUS CHRIST IS LORD; TO THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER ALMIGHTY).
After reading the Bible almost from cover to cover and years of accepting and then rejecting one false interpretation after another (Methodist, Catholic, JW, Adventist, Pentecostals, New Age, Eastern Mysticism, COG and many more, (NOW I CAN SEE).
PRAISE AND HONOR AND GLORY BE TO GOD AND HIS SON JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR

Geo.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:49:15 AM by aqr »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 10:42:08 PM »

Once again you folks added so much to the topic at hand, thank you all!

We spoke of how we all still have blind spots and cannot at this time see it all, actually we probably see very little of what one day we will know when we experience "the change." Paul saw this in himself too.

1Co 13:12  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

You know I am sure that if I were to really see myself as I truly am and saw Christ in His full glory that I could not bear it, I would be crushed, vaporized even.

Every now and then (not very often) usually after study and some deep meditation I have experienced what I believe to be a taste of His Holy presence, it starts out as a small glow of peace and contentment and begins to grow into a timeless all encompassing focus where I begin feeling a real sense of His all knowing wisdom and power.

It starts off as something most desirable, a feeling one would not want to let go of for anything but as this realization of Him grows and my own wretched self becomes in a clearer and clearer focus I find myself begging off, make it stop! I am not ready to see this in my present state. This has happened a few times and it always leaves me humbled to the core, praying for His grace to complete what He started in us, bringing us all to the place where we can bear being in His presence even as He is in His full glory!

Has anyone else had a similar feeling or experience?

His Peace to you all,

Joe

OBrenda

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 11:17:33 PM »

Hi Joe,

It has happened to me a few times also, I became fearful and it stopped.  Sometimes I have been told things.  Not sure what to make of it.  Time Stops, sounds are different, Joy runs over and I can hardly breathe.

Am I a kook?
B

EKnight

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 12:21:05 AM »

After reading Joe's post, I thought to myself 'I am not like people here. Sometimes I am not as dedicated to the journey as others seem to be'.  I wondered what words to use to express this.  Then, lo and behold, I read Amrhrasach's post.  That's it!!!  That's exactly how I feel.  I am so grateful for that post.  Now I don't have to think.

Thanks AM and thanks Joe.

Brenda, yeah you're a kook  :P  NOT!

Eileen

WhoAmI

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 04:07:09 AM »

Good stuff!

Look at Mark 10:50 " And he, CASTING AWAY HIS GARMENT, rose and came to Jesus."

You and I hold things that are prideful and falsely try to take the place of God. We must and will cast them aside as we go to Jesus.

Jeff

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 08:22:21 AM »

Hi Joe,

It has happened to me a few times also, I became fearful and it stopped.  Sometimes I have been told things.  Not sure what to make of it.  Time Stops, sounds are different, Joy runs over and I can hardly breathe.

Am I a kook?
B

Hi Brenda,

If you are at least you have company!  ;)

I think more folks have had this type of experience but are as reluctant to share it as those who see an Unidentified Flying Object or a Sasquatch type creature don't want to appear to be on the outer fringe.

To me this type of interaction with His Spirit knocks off a few more scales from our eyes, we see how we really are with no room for excuses or self justification, we see the stark contrast between His holiness and our own weak flesh, totally unvarnished and incomplete.

The following verses (like most) have multiple layers of truth contained within them, we have a certain unexplainable joy when we hear His Truth/Wisdom and begin to learn of His unfathomable love for creation, then when we are required to live (eat) the truth of what this  creation process to Sons and Daughters entails, we experience the bitterness of seeing how far we have to go, which is all a part of this progression.

Rev 10:8  And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.

Rev 10:9  And I went unto the angel and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.

Rev 10:10  And I took the little book out of the angel's hand and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.

When we are living this book it truly is a bittersweet experience isn't it?

Peace,

Joe

kweli

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 08:59:56 AM »

There's a verse I read a long time ago. It was some NT bible and I'm not sure if that's what it really says, but it went something like: The more you know, the more it hurts. If anybody knows this verse, please direct me to it. Because this is exactly how I feel now. Yet another great thread started by Joe. I dont know about a few more scales peeling off Joe, but I know it's bittersweet. Sometimes I think I cant handle the taste. But then HE always reminds me that this has absolutely nothing with my abilities.

Thanks again to everyone for what they shared on this topic.

All Glory to GOD

PS: Please dont forget to PM me the verse, if there is anything like that in the Scriptures

hillsbororiver

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 09:15:03 AM »

Hi Kweli,

Just checked in here right before leaving for the airport and I saw your post, thanks for the kind words Brother.

Is this what you are looking for?

Ecc 1:18  For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Old Solomon nailed it didn't he?

Peace,

Joe

Sirach

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 10:05:56 AM »

I love reading these pearls on the forum.

Thanks Joe...but if you dont mind...i will thank God for using you to show me this  ;D

Thank you LORD

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 03:26:54 PM »

Hi Joe

I hope you have a really great time at the Conference!

You talk about living the "bitter sweet experience. "

Job was clear in his conscience but was unclear about his STATUS before God until he was given that bitter experience. Then only did he confess he was a worm and previously had not known any better.

The great prophet Isaiah also confessed that he was a man of unclean lips and had to experience the live coal taken out of the fire and touched to his lips which could not have been pleasant either.

Yes, we all have to experience our wretchedness and that is bitter and totally against what we would chose for ourselves. Hence we have to be dragged against our will and preferences to experience the magnitude of God that invariably by contrast shows up our imperfections.

The painfull separation from the masses that comes from letting go of false teachings and the need for healing from the grief brought about by shattered illusions of self righteousness is part of the process of getting cleaned up, humbled and prepared to stand in His sight. It is all His work because it is simply too bitter and painful to be chosen as a preference by the carnal mind.

Arc
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:29:24 PM by Arcturus »

OBrenda

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 03:43:27 PM »

Hi Joe

I hope you have a really great time at the Conference!

You talk about living the "bitter sweet experience. "

Job was clear in his conscience but was unclear about his STATUS before God until he was given that bitter experience. Then only did he confess he was a worm and previously had not known any better.

The great prophet Isaiah also confessed that he was a man of unclean lips and had to experience the live coal taken out of the fire and touched to his lips which could not have been pleasant either.

Yes, we all have to experience our wretchedness and that is bitter and totally against what we would chose for ourselves. Hence we have to be dragged against our will and preferences to experience the magnitude of God that invariably by contrast shows up our imperfections.

The painfull separation from the masses that comes from letting go of false teachings and the need for healing from the grief brought about by shattered illusions of self righteousness is part of the process of getting cleaned up, humbled and prepared to stand in His sight. It is all His work because it is simply too bitter and painful to be chosen as a preference by the carnal mind.

Arc

WOW...!   ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 04:02:31 PM »

thanks... :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.