bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rev 15:7  (Read 4005 times)

legoman

Rev 15:7
« on: September 18, 2008, 12:05:41 PM »

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with this verse:

Revelations 15:7 (KJV)
 And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.

Revelations 15:7 (YLT)
 and one of the four living creatures did give to the seven messengers seven golden vials, full of the wrath of God, who is living to the ages of the ages;

I'm sure Ray has covered this before, I just can't find it right now.

It has been pointed out to me that if its not really "forever and ever", then God's life is limited, as per the KJV.  I think the problem may have something to do with "liveth" vs "living" in YLT.

ie.  The verse is not saying how long God lives, but it is saying that God is living right now with us, in the ages of the ages.

Comments welcome, especially if you have a link to one of Ray's emails.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kat

Re: Rev 15:7
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 03:51:36 PM »

Hi Kevin,

Here is an email that has the same concerns as your question.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=3865.0 -------

OK since the smoke of their torment goes up for the ages of ages, and God lives to the ages of the ages,  and Jesus lives to the ages of the ages; and since GOD will never die, and Jesus will never die, can we not safely infer those who smoke doth come up for the ages of the ages-- will suffer for as long as God or Jesus lives?  They both exist for the ages of the ages. Horrible, but it does seem to say that, does it not?

I wish it were not so

DAE

Dear DAE:
No, we cannot "safely infer" any such thing.  Just as God is the "God of Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob" does not "safely infer" that He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob ONLY!  Neither does God live for the ages of the ages, ONLY! 

A statement of FACT is not a statement of RESTRICTION unless it contains words of restriction.

See my paper "Is EVERLASTING Scriptural."  http://bible-truths.com/aeonion.htm

God be with you,
Ray

legoman

Re: Rev 15:7
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 11:38:15 AM »

Thanks Kat, that`s the one I was looking for.

I noticed after that its in the Hagee letter as well, but referenced as Rev 15:8 instead of Rev 15:7, so I didn`t find it right away.

Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.