bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Kind of concerned for my Life  (Read 18446 times)

Douglas Wayne Thomas

Re: Kind of concerned for my Life
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 04:52:05 PM »

Could you please point out the serious threats?

Thanks.

Jeff

To WhoamI (Jeff)

The following is an article concerning stalking, although written primarily for women, I believe it applies to Alex's situation also. Would you consider stalking a crime?

I do!

Modern stalkers send numerous emails to their victim each day. They will bombard their victim with instant messages, invitations to chat rooms, or links to suggestive web sites. Internet stalking is often an extension of physical stalking, although not always. In some cases, the stalker may not even know the “true” identity of the victim, having seen the victim’s profile in an online forum. (Myspace) emphasis mine.

This does not make Internet stalking, also called cyber-stalking, acceptable. In fact, Internet stalking can be even more dangerous than physical stalking because it limits the victim’s access to online information, intimidates the victim into changing their online habits and can open the victim’s personal computer and the information it contains to the stalker’s hacking. The good news is most law enforcement agencies have cyber-crime units and often Internet stalking is treated with more seriousness than reports of physical stalking. If you find yourself being harassed online, report the situation to both your Internet provider and local law enforcement.

Stalkers often try to isolate their victims from family and friends. They release character-damaging information, regardless of whether it is true or not, in hopes of ostracizing the victim from those closest to him/her. When hurtful or damaging information is made public, your first reaction may be to retreat or withdraw from the public eye. This is exactly what the stalker wants. Instead, fight character defamation and public insults vehemently. If there is truth to the information, accept responsibility quickly and tell your side of the story. The important thing is to maintain your presence within your normal circles and not isolate yourself from support systems that could help you in the event your stalker moves closer.

The use of threats or violence to frighten their victims is a common strategy for many stalkers. You car may be vandalized or your home burglarized. While these crimes happen all too often in today’s environment, the non-stalking criminal will not contact you afterwards. If you receive threats or direct contact from someone who claims to have been responsible for a recent crime, report this immediately to the police. The information you provide may help them piece together physical evidence from the crime and solve your stalking case at the same time.

Perhaps no particular incident stands out in your mind as being dangerous, however, when you look at the entire picture, what you see alarms you. Do you experience repeated unwanted contact from the same person? If it is someone you know, tell him he is making you uncomfortable. If the situation continues, report him to the police. If it is someone you do not know, go directly to the police.

Ok; would you consider those emails to Alex serious threats now?

http://www.lifescript.com/channels/well_being/Meditations_Motivations/10_signs_that_you_are_being_stalked.asp?page=1&trans=1

joyful1

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 07:04:11 PM »

Alex--
One of the best replies I've ever read on this question of "self defence v.s. turning the other cheek" was made by Joey Porter in the thread:
 Re: Would you let someone physically harm you or your family?

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3954.msg30402.html#msg30402
He points out the spiritual meaning of "turning the other cheek."
I hope this helps!
Joyce :)

WhoAmI

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 01:37:30 AM »

Hi Who am I

Please quote the source of the excerpt you have posted.

It was very interesting and I enjoyed quote " Don't say "a schizophrenic person," say "a person with schizophrenia." This is called "people-first" language,

That could have been taken right out of the Bible.Rom 8 : 20 For the creature was made SUBJECT TO vanity (mental illness, addictions, SIN) not willingly, but by reason of Him who has subjected the same in hope.

Arc

http://www.whatadifference.org

WhoAmI

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 01:58:47 AM »

Could you please point out the serious threats?

Thanks.

Jeff

To WhoamI (Jeff)

The following is an article concerning stalking, although written primarily for women, I believe it applies to Alex's situation also. Would you consider stalking a crime?

I do!

Modern stalkers send numerous emails to their victim each day. They will bombard their victim with instant messages, invitations to chat rooms, or links to suggestive web sites. Internet stalking is often an extension of physical stalking, although not always. In some cases, the stalker may not even know the “true” identity of the victim, having seen the victim’s profile in an online forum. (Myspace) emphasis mine.

This does not make Internet stalking, also called cyber-stalking, acceptable. In fact, Internet stalking can be even more dangerous than physical stalking because it limits the victim’s access to online information, intimidates the victim into changing their online habits and can open the victim’s personal computer and the information it contains to the stalker’s hacking. The good news is most law enforcement agencies have cyber-crime units and often Internet stalking is treated with more seriousness than reports of physical stalking. If you find yourself being harassed online, report the situation to both your Internet provider and local law enforcement.

Stalkers often try to isolate their victims from family and friends. They release character-damaging information, regardless of whether it is true or not, in hopes of ostracizing the victim from those closest to him/her. When hurtful or damaging information is made public, your first reaction may be to retreat or withdraw from the public eye. This is exactly what the stalker wants. Instead, fight character defamation and public insults vehemently. If there is truth to the information, accept responsibility quickly and tell your side of the story. The important thing is to maintain your presence within your normal circles and not isolate yourself from support systems that could help you in the event your stalker moves closer.

The use of threats or violence to frighten their victims is a common strategy for many stalkers. You car may be vandalized or your home burglarized. While these crimes happen all too often in today’s environment, the non-stalking criminal will not contact you afterwards. If you receive threats or direct contact from someone who claims to have been responsible for a recent crime, report this immediately to the police. The information you provide may help them piece together physical evidence from the crime and solve your stalking case at the same time.

Perhaps no particular incident stands out in your mind as being dangerous, however, when you look at the entire picture, what you see alarms you. Do you experience repeated unwanted contact from the same person? If it is someone you know, tell him he is making you uncomfortable. If the situation continues, report him to the police. If it is someone you do not know, go directly to the police.

Ok; would you consider those emails to Alex serious threats now?

http://www.lifescript.com/channels/well_being/Meditations_Motivations/10_signs_that_you_are_being_stalked.asp?page=1&trans=1

This was all I asked. Nothing more.

*** Could you please point out the serious threats?

Thanks,
Jeff

Richard D

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2008, 10:06:20 AM »

Hi Alex

Where I live there was a man who killed another man by kicking him in his head in a fight, he was brain dead and after a few days in the hospital they pulled the plug if you will.

The man responsible was arrested almost thirty five minutes later. He was driving down the street according to the news paper and had a rear tail light that was not working and the police went to stop him ,you know give him a fix it ticket but the man assumed the police was pulling him over because they knew it was him who had killed a man.

It went into a high speed chase and the man hit or ran into a telephone pole and was pronounce dead at the seen.

My point here Alex is maybe you have some sign on you my space that signifies you are a believer and this is just a hoax by someone who has nothing better to do with his time.

And like the man who assumed the police knew it was him maybe you are assuming too.

However report him immediately to my space because more than likely he’s playing with other peoples minds too and not just yours.

In His Love. Richard.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 03:13:21 PM »

Hello everyone,

Boy so many replies. First i wanted to thank you all for caring and praying for me and this situation. I have decided to wait and see if this continues further, if i recieve more emails from this person and if they get progressively more aggressive than i will file a report with the police. I don't want to press charges, just make sure this person is looked after in a proper mannor.

As of yet, i havn't recieved another email, but the last one i recieved was nearly two weeks after the first 3 were sent. So i wouldn't be surprised to get an email a week from now.

I'm sorry i have to keep this short, but i'm running late for school!

Thank you all once again.

God bless,

Alex

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2008, 04:58:09 PM »

Hi Alex,

I have to agree with the advices I've read from the others. Leave it alone - best to wait and let it pass by itself. These things usually do. I think he is trying to provoke you to respond and he wants to frustrate/scare you. If he sees that he can't do that, my bet is that he will leave you alone.

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 03:32:07 PM »

Alex--
My advice and why:
1-- I think you should file a complaint with your local PD now, because IF something else happens, then you have the complaint on file to back up your reason for asking the PD to charge him, should it come to that. If nothing is on file, then he might only receive a warning next time, leaving you in a potentially difficult situation. Avoid that scenario and make a report now.

2--a percentage of 'bored teenagers' left alone online for extended periods of time certainly enjoy 'messin' with your mind' and this could all be just in fun--but you don't KNOW that--file the report.

3--drug abuse can be a factor here, but you don't KNOW that he is just high and thinking crazy for now--file the report.

4--the Holy Spirit can and will guide you should you ever feel compelled to respond to this young man--he needs love, we all know that, he needs some boundaries as well--file the report.

My best to you, my friend--
btw, how is your girlfriend doing these days?

Hello Joyce, i just noticed your question! I've been meaning to answer it. My girlfriend and I are doing just fine. We are learning to get along better and better each day by the Lords grace and mercy! Thank God! :) She's learning to tolerate my long off topic tangents of God and things that go on in our daily lives. I have a tendancy to go off topic and start talking about God and how i think He controles all things etc.. she doesn't like to hear much about God but she is learning to put up with it, lol, i dont try and shove it in her face on purpose, it's just that God has everything to do with my life and she doesn't want anything to do with God. So trying to seperate God out of me, for her, is a tough thing to do and i think she's just learning to love me with God as a big part of my life. She has even taken an interest in my beliefs! Praise God!

We have our usual ups and downs like every couple but we are learning to treat each other as God would permit! =]

Here is our most rescent picture together;

God bless,

Alex

OBrenda

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 03:39:26 PM »

Hey Joy......Not all of us here have grey hair.....lol     ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for sharing that pic Alex, she is adorable...she is still feeling well??

Hugs,
Brenda

joyful1

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2008, 07:52:42 PM »

Alex! What a beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing!
Brenda--were you talking to me?  ???
if you were....you know me, Brenda--I'm fine with
coloring

OBrenda

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2008, 08:31:12 PM »

Alex! What a beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing!
Brenda--were you talking to me?  ???
if you were....you know me, Brenda--I'm fine with
coloring

And I Luv That about You Joyce     ;) ;D
But I was actually teasing Joy from the Phillipines for her cute comment on all the attendees in the conference pictures having grey hair.....lol    ;D ;D

joyful1

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 07:56:17 AM »

Brenda....oh! okay! Now I see! ... Hi Joy from the Phillipines!  :)
Alex....you guys gonna tie the knot or what?? you make the cutest couple ever!

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 12:49:32 PM »

Brenda....oh! okay! Now I see! ... Hi Joy from the Phillipines!  :)
Alex....you guys gonna tie the knot or what?? you make the cutest couple ever!

Well, we take it one day at a time. Atm i'm concerned with finishing my school rather than tieng the knot. I do love her very much, but i think it's better to finish school, so that i may have a way to provide for a family, than rushing a marriage, having it fall apart and never finishing school. The more time we take together to learn and treat each other right, i feel that the better we will have a chance of keeping a marriage together. If we get married that is. =]

God bless and thanks for the kind remarks.

In Christ,

Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2009, 09:32:54 PM »

Update;

Date:
Apr 23, 2009 11:14 PM
Subject:
this is long
Body:
hey alex this is long nguyen from fountain valley i didnt mean anything i said in my head i just hope we can be cool i just want some forgiveness ok cool

Date:
Apr 23, 2009 11:31 PM
Subject:
long
Body:
hey alex can u tell your friend misty and all the other whatever i did wrong i appoligize to all of them and wish we could be cool all thx bye

May 1, 2009 2:44 PM
Subject:
yo
Body:
hey alex wehats the point in this voodoo and mind reading stuff i dont see a point for everyone doing this its kinda weird and freaky. hey we all make mistakes in life i do it all the time no need to spy on me i see no point in that is spying on me gonna because i make some mistake gonna make it any better.
hey i tought we were cool in high school before leaving i said we cool remember oh well later

Date:
May 1, 2009 2:50 PM
Subject:
hey
Body:
hey alex how about whoever is mad at me u tell them to give me a chance and tell whoevers mad at me to come talk to me ill work it out with that person hey ill work it out with anybody thats mad at me i dont know why but ill work it out if i get a chance to talk with him or her alright later

So as you can tell.. the messages continue. I Have yet to respond to this person. Any suggestions?

EKnight

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2009, 10:12:09 PM »

It sounds like he is repenting and asking for forgiveness.  Maybe you should simply just tell him you forgive him and that you will pray for him.  :-\

Eileen

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2009, 02:51:21 AM »

It sounds like he is repenting and asking for forgiveness.  Maybe you should simply just tell him you forgive him and that you will pray for him.  :-\

Eileen

I might just very well do that. Thanks :)

ez2u

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2009, 03:13:28 AM »

Alex  All my life I have had to deal with mentally illness. different family member of mine have been diagnosed  with  schizophrenic.  Please don't go to the police they can not help this young man but the mental health association will.  This young man needs help  do you know where he lives?  maybe you could find out .  the prison system is full of the mentally ill, they support the prison system. not all of them and i mean a large population of them are criminals.  there is no other place in this country that is housing the mentally ill since the government closed the mentally ill hospitals.  The counties lost funding closed the hospitals,  put these patients on buses and sent them to other states.  Many of the homeless are mentally, a very large percentage.  Medication and family support can make all the difference in a life.  Do you have compassion in your heart?  I believe you do  or else you would not of shown us this letter.  If there was a person suffering on your street with a terrible illness would you help that person?  This young man is suffering mentally.  He needs proper care by a professional.  Not you, a professional mental health provider  but you can help by telling them  and showing them the emails.  My son Joshua is a genius and diagnosed with schizophrenia  he lives with us.  He is a blessing, caring, giving, funny.  Sometimes his thought patterns get mess up and we have to help him  but I am very thankful he lives with us  because many of the mentally ill are terribly abused.  If people knew the truth about this horrible illness and the discrimination and abuse they suffer  maybe it would make a difference  maybe not.  I find people are tired.  peggy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2009, 06:00:27 AM »

Hi Alex

You are safe as he does not know where you live. That is the reality.

Even God does not embrace evil but keeps it at arms length.

Arc.

Roy Martin

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2009, 09:08:11 AM »

Hi Alex,
 There are just too many ifs to this story. How do you know he doesn't know where you live?
I believe his spelling is intentional. I believe his last statements are his fear of maybe saying too much and trying to clean it up.
 Growing up as I did, one becomes street wise as some call it. Take this guy serious. I think your making a mistake by not reporting him.

Roy

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 12:43:17 AM »

Hi Alex,
 There are just too many ifs to this story. How do you know he doesn't know where you live?
I believe his spelling is intentional. I believe his last statements are his fear of maybe saying too much and trying to clean it up.
 Growing up as I did, one becomes street wise as some call it. Take this guy serious. I think your making a mistake by not reporting him.

Roy

Ay.. im not sure, i did tell him once where i lived but that was back in higschool, nearly 4-5 years ago. Unless he has a good memory i think im okay. Ill just be alittle more patient and if i get any more threatening or very strange emails ill be sure to let someone who can do something know. Atm he seems to just be looking for forgivness so if he persists to ask for it, i will give it to him. I Just don't know if this is seriouse, if im being pranked, etc... so many unknowns like you said. When i go to see who sent it, it has his name, etc.. but no pictures of himself, which is odd for a myspace account and he only has 1 friend. As if he made the myspace just to reach me... so i don't know.. seems really odd.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

God bless,

Alex
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.