bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Numbers 19:2  (Read 4500 times)

Jackie Lee

Numbers 19:2
« on: September 19, 2008, 03:14:52 AM »

Numbers 19:2 (King James Version)

2This is the ordinance of the law which the LORD hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke:

Some are literally looking for a spotless red heifer surely there is a spiritual meaning to the red heifer the temple and Israel?

Heidi

Re: Numbers 19:2
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 07:53:24 AM »

Jackie,
In Judaism, the Red Heifer[1] (Hebrew: פרה אדמה; Parah Adumah) is a young cow that is sacrificed and whose ashes are used for the ritual purification of people who came into contact with a corpse.

The absolute rarity of the animal, combined with the mystical ritual in which it is used, have given the Red Heifer special status in Jewish tradition.

The animal must be entirely of one color, and there are a series of tests listed by the rabbis to ensure this, for instance, the hair of the cow must be absolutely straight (to ensure that the cow had not previously been yoked, as this is a disqualifier).

A red heifer was born in April 2002 but became disqualified later that year.

a@@ to the spiritual side of it.....may all have to do with purifying ourselves.  We need to die to our old self and become a new person in Christ.  I don't know....just groping in the dark here.  Maybe someone else would know.

Love
Heidi

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 02:07:31 PM »

Hi all,
Good topic. Now i am going to think out loud lol
Could it be that the red heifer is symbolic of Christ....He was sinless(spotless) and had never been yoked (as in bondage) Also He was sacrificed to purify our sin???
Just a thought might be on the wrong track

God Bless
Sansmile
Walk in the Spirit

Jackie Lee

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 08:43:49 PM »

Thanks Heidi and Sansmile this is really odd to me but seems many in Judismn are still waiting for the perfect red heifer, so the temple can be built and then sacrifice the perfect heifer in the temple.
I think this is spiritual for us but my Messianic Jewish friends believes this in a literal sense.
The pure red heifer seems to always sprout a few black or white hairs, no longer perfect, then another has to be born.
Why would they believe a heifer has to be sacrificed, since Jesus was our only sacrifice?

Heidi

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 07:36:19 AM »

Why would they believe a heifer has to be sacrificed, since Jesus was our only sacrifice?

I think that you sort of answered your own question Jackie righy at the start of your reply post.   Judismn are still waiting for the perfect red heifer, so the temple can be built and then sacrifice the perfect heifer in the temple.  It is all about the many are called but few are chosen, being carnally minded or spiritually minded.  They do not understand that Jesus was God of the old testament.  Had they understood it, they would not have crucified Him.

Sansmile...I don't think your thought is being on the wrong track at all!!  That would be right IMHO as well.  I would appreciate it if some of our meat eaters (in faith)  :D could give their input as well.

Love
Heidi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.