bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 2008 Nashville Conference Blog  (Read 35517 times)

Beloved

Re: 2008 Nashville Conference Blog
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2008, 10:45:14 AM »

Well Joe and I had a nice breakfast at Cracker Barrel and shared a lot of the things that we have been shown and how they impacted our personal lives.

Yesterday Ray's morning teaching covered why the "young earth" people think  the way they do,  but in the afternoon he started hitting their beliefs with the truth, today he is going totally show what the scriptures say, but they cannot see or recivee yet.  We are also going to get a handout too.

I am glad that I brought my laptop I was able to copy and paste the scriptures and some comments into esword topics so I can study these while the transscript is being typed up.

Beloved

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2008, 12:31:02 PM »

At present the speed is 33.6Kbps. Sometimes it is as slow as 23 and quite occasionally, I am cut off and have to redial which increases the cost because connection and not the duration, is where the cost to be on line is calculated on this short wave access.  :)

aqrinc

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2008, 03:24:07 PM »

Help, did i miss something while Teleporting (Those butterflies can be ferocious), any snippets from the Conference posted anywhere. You should see the places i have been to in the machine. Have to go help a friend with his computer network in a few minutes, be back later.

Geo.

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2008, 03:37:14 PM »

Hi Arcturus, and welcome back! It has been a long wait - but now you're back, even if the connection is slow! You might try turning off images in your web browser, that should speed things up a bit.

I don't know, I guess the conference is nearing its end, and this thread didn't exactly become a blog for the conference, now did it??
 ;D

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

hillsbororiver

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2008, 04:10:38 PM »

Yes Eirik the blog thing did not work out quite as I planned, my fault as I forgot my password until just a few minutes ago......... ::)

Anyway, I will write down a few of our (many great) experiences here a bit later as a group of us are presently getting ready to get a bite to eat.

I will leave you with this though......

Ray asks (and answers), "Did God ever do an honest day's work?"

Peace,

Joe

iris

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2008, 04:49:58 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

It is good to see you back on the forum again.

I always look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome back!

Iris

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2008, 07:19:55 PM »

Just got back home a few minutes ago.  The whole Nashville Metro area is sort of in chaos with gas shortages, but I everybdy I talked with was prepared for the drive out of the area where gas was available.

The only part of the conference I missed was saturday evening's informal get-together as I made the mistake of strectching out on the motel bed to ease my back and fell asleep. 

There were too many people to meet everybody individually (especially if you're a bit shy like me) but I had some really nice 'row-mates' and got to meet most of the folks I'd come to know from the forum.

I didn't have to sit on Akira's lap, but I did have the blessing of standing next to his heart a couple of times.  If I can be like him one of these days, I'll be blessed.  Love my brother.

Met all the mods present, Kat, Joe and Dennis.  Had to hug Kat, but being 6'4'' made that a bit of a task.   :D  I met a lot of the other forum members as well and got to spend a little time with one of our new members, Jody Edwards (I think that's the right last name) who was there with his oldest son.  He's a really nice fellow too and I hope we'll hear more from him in fellowship here. 

A shout out to Rene who made everybody feel extra welcome, I think. 

The conference started a little rocky with some technical issues, but it evened out.  I'll say more later, maybe, but for now I'll just share that while much of the conference changed my mind, the last hour changed my life.  What a truly awesome God we have and what a tremendous blessing to get to know Him more this weekend.

At the end, I got my 'minute' with Ray and, though I could do little more than babble like an idiot, I hope I was able to express my deep thanks not just for what he endured for the conference, but for all he's meant to me these last few life-changing months.  My thanks also to all the others who did their part to make the conference possible, and in getting the materials ready for the rest of us.

I'm really glad I went.  I'm also glad to be home to satisfy the forum jonesing I've experienced.   :D 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2008, 07:26:00 PM »

Oh yeah...I got a fair number of pictures and will be posting them when I can. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

joyful1

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2008, 07:45:28 PM »

"prepare to have your whole life changed?"
okay...Brenda we have to do something about these people....
sure they are tired from traveling....and with all that "eating, fellowshipping, taking notes and meeting everyone" I guess we have to feel really sorry for them....
good grief!  ;D
Joyce :)

mharrell08

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2008, 08:31:12 PM »

Marques is back at home...the conference was fantastic!

Stevernator

« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2008, 08:43:07 PM »

I am looking forward to watching the video or reading the transcripts! Does anyone feel like sharing some spoilers?  ;)

aqrinc

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2008, 09:21:25 PM »

YEs Yes, please share even some scraps. Please Please Please. I ask forgiveness for my begging for scraps, but still want All to know This is My Food. At 55 years of age it is my great pleasure to still be the same Searcher After the Truth of the Scriptures that was gifted to me as a very young boy. BTW, i have been able to put all the current Audio from: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html on one CD which i am happy to share if there is a place to upload the ISO file so others can burn it to a disk.

Geo.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 09:35:10 PM by aqr »

OBrenda

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2008, 09:47:53 PM »

"prepare to have your whole life changed?"
okay...Brenda we have to do something about these people....
sure they are tired from traveling....and with all that "eating, fellowshipping, taking notes and meeting everyone" I guess we have to feel really sorry for them....
good grief!  ;D
Joyce :)

lol.... ;D ;D   It's not polite not to share.....[what do you have in mind joyce?]  ;)
Chewy is not a happy camper....

Welcome Home Everyone & Please dish away........But then again, I don't like to know too much if I'm going to see a movie....you know what I mean....I'm so confussed.....
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 09:49:48 PM by OBrenda »

Samarnon

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2008, 11:38:19 PM »

Welcome back all Nashville attendees!

I have a great time reading this blog? ??? I thought this is some kind of a messed-up party? LOL ;D

Anyways, thanks for the updates and looking forward to hearing the audios from Dennis. And also from pictures that will soon be downloaded by Dave.

God bless you all,
Joy

Kat

« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2008, 01:37:22 AM »

Well I will say it was a great joy to be among so many Believers.  To meet people for the first time and feel an instant bond through the spirit, was such a wonderful experience.  There was a good number that I met from the forum and I am so thankful for those precious few mins we had together  :)

Ray gave his presentations with strength and vigor, in spite of his arm, which seemed to give him more trouble as the weekend went on. 
He totally debunked the young earth theory with some proofs that made the proponents of it seem ridiculous.  He explained the 'days' of creation giving much explanation and many Scriptures that prove these were not literal 24 hr periods.  He also explained where dinosaurs fit in the creation and how old the earth is.  He had quite a bit to say about Noah's flood and did it cover the earth, he brought to light many physical things that do prove the truth about this.

Well there will have to be patience, as this is going to take a bit of time to be prepared before it can be posted.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

aqrinc

« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2008, 01:43:49 AM »

Thanks Kat,

Little snippets are exactly what we can use until the whole story is told. We tried to keep this Thread going so you all would have a nice warm place to come back to. Joyce was a Master Mistress orchestrator so Kudos to her. Looking eagerly for the audio or transcripts.

In CHRIST JESUS, George.  ???

WhoAmI

« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2008, 02:14:10 AM »

As interesting as the science can be I sure hope there is some serious spiritual applications shown. What do you say folks? Did he deliver the goods?

Jeff

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2008, 09:00:20 AM »

I didn't have to sit on Akira's lap, but I did have the blessing of standing next to his heart a couple of times.  If I can be like him one of these days, I'll be blessed.  Love my brother. 

Thanks Bro! Good to stand next to your heart!!
The conference was awesome! I loved all the talks we had during the breaks and out to eat!
Dave you should have been there! Next time!

Sunday was the Jewel, I wish I could have stuck around to talk more!! but back to work :-\
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2008, 09:45:14 AM »

As interesting as the science can be I sure hope there is some serious spiritual applications shown. What do you say folks? Did he deliver the goods?

Jeff

Delivered from the pulpit, so to speak?  Some.  But what I mostly noticed (and the way I experienced it) was in the discussions and in reflection since.  To me, the conference was something of a parable...a physical story with deep spiritual applications.  Understanding such concepts as the 'evening, morning' and answering questions like "Did God ever do an honest day's work?" opens up tons of scripture and Glorifies God exponentially.  I expect the same thing will happen for the listeners/viewers/readers and here in the Forum.   

Kat

« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2008, 12:26:38 PM »

Good answer Dave.  Do understand, Ray was not able to work on pulling this all together the last few weeks before the conference and he has been under a great deal of stress.  But he was determined to make it to this conference.  He was using a big file folder that he would pull out one of his research papers and scan it for information he wanted to present.  He did the best he could do under the circumstances.

I think as Dave does about what he gave us, it "opens up tons of scripture and Glorifies God exponentially."  This whole thing concerning 'day' applies to so many Scriptures, there is much to build upon here.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.